Final 2018 5A-D1 post championship rankings

NODAYSOFFTX

1 minute ago, LoboFan07 said:

John Tyler beats both Ryan and Shadow Creek if they hold onto their lead against HP after seeing both, IMO. 

Same thing I said. But I told people faithfully every year about Ryan that they are just good regular season team, and they are usually overrated year in and year out. Any team from region 2 would’ve made it to 5th round easily in the awful region they play in. 

Honestly I did my rankings solely on how far you went in the playoffs and how well you did or how close you were making it to the next round, but more so how far you went. In Lufkin’s case, a team that couldnt even get to the third round let alone get blowed out by an overrated Frisco Lone Star team won’t get you in my top ten. 95 percent of teams in my top 10 made it to the fourth round or higher. A team has no business being in anyone’s final top 10 if they couldn’t get past the second round alone the third round, I understand injuries derailed them offensively but there is no excuse to give up 49 points and some would say they have a better defense than JT but jt held them to 13 with 7 of it coming with around 2:00 left in the 4th. I got Lufkin in my top 15 though. @gtee2

22 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Honestly I did my rankings solely on how far you went in the playoffs and how well you did or how close you were making it to the next round, but more so how far you went. In Lufkin’s case, a team that couldnt even get to the third round let alone get blowed out by an overrated Frisco Lone Star team won’t get you in my top ten. 95 percent of teams in my top 10 made it to the fourth round or higher. A team has no business being in anyone’s final top 10 if they couldn’t get past the second round alone the third round, I understand injuries derailed them offensively but there is no excuse to give up 49 points and some would say they have a better defense than JT but jt held them to 13 with 7 of it coming with around 2:00 left in the 4th. I got Lufkin in my top 15 though. @gtee2

Yessir I very much understand that argument. But...I'm going off the eye test. I saw LP come into Lobo and give Longview the business. I saw JT get tossed around pretty good by Longview. And I saw JT absolutely collaspe against HP. And LP forget how to play football against LS. My eyes...LP was better team than JT. Just like I believe JT is better team than HP even though they got the gold. 

3 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Yessir I very much understand that argument. But...I'm going off the eye test. I saw LP come into Lobo and give Longview the business. I saw JT get tossed around pretty good by Longview. And I saw JT absolutely collaspe against HP. And LP forget how to play football against LS. My eyes...LP was better team than JT. Just like I believe JT is better team than HP even though they got the gold. 

If lone star put up 49 on lufkins defense, just imagine what JT would’ve did. I think Lufkin was just exposed to be honest. The same guy that had 250 yards receiving against Lufkin had 0 against jt. I kept telling people post season JT was a different animal from preseason JT. Imo it probably would’ve been the same result for Lufkin if we both met based off that game. I also told people before the season that JT was gonna make a run at the title, but everyone was so locked in on Lufkin and looking at jt preseason results so they based that on how JT would do in the playoffs and I kept telling people that wasn’t gonna be a factor and it wasn’t cause JT made it to fourth round and went toe to toe with the state champions. Lufkin imo would lose by 21 to HP because of there style of play. JT had the rbs to punch HP in the mouth which no other team that has play HP had this season. JT offense was really balanced. Just think about it, Westbrook lost 56-7 to north shore, that didn’t stop them from making to state lol. JT lost to Longview 41-13 and JT was 1 qtr away from a 4th semifinal appearance in 8 years so it comes to show early season games don’t factor into what happens later in the season. 

• Like 1