Sooners 2019 Thread

Mr. P

Most of his rep comes from his time at Wazzu, where he transformed their defense before tOSU poached him. I'd prefer to have Golding, but the rumor is that Saban was not gonna let him go that easily and Golding wants to stay in Bama (he just bought a house in Tuscaloosa). Most people were saying that OU is finalizing a deal with a coach - if it's announced before the NCG, it's not Golding, but if its announced after the game, it'll likely be him.

Here's a great breakdown on Grinch's defense. Rumor has it that Riley is enticing him with the promise to be the sole DC here, and he'll have a lot of $$$ to hire whoever he wants (he'll be able to choose who he retains from our old staff).

On 1/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, AKA said:

We happy?

He was the guy I wanted last year when we should have fired Mike and then Ohio State snatched him up.

I can’t believe we got him out of Columbus. If it’s true.

Some speculation is they could be for Murray.

• Like 1

Grinch is a huge DC hire for OU. I don’t think they could have gotten anyone much better to fit their needs as a defense as well as their opponents style of play and they own. He’s a great fit there and I think will spark big improvements for ou defensively. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 1:18 PM, AKA said:

I think so too, but I think Fromm's underwhelming performance gives Smart some leverage to keep Fields on campus. 

Fields has announce that he'll transfer to tOSU.

With the Haselwood announcement, Rivals has OU now ranked at #3!

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Evans is going Pro.

I thought he should have stayed.

I agree. He's still raw, and could use another year of seasoning. 

But I guess he likes where he grades in the Draft.