Sooners 2019 Thread

Mr. P

12 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Roy Manning from UCLA to be the new corners coach for Oklahoma. 

I guess that means Grinch will have the safeties.

Like I said on the Sooner forum, he's got the easiest job in college football right now...  all he has to do is get decent play out of his corners.

Not lockdown, not excellent, not even great...  just average. If they successfully defend 50 percent of 50-50 balls, they'll be twice as good as we've had for a decade. 

Obviously I want Texas to win the BIG XII and play in the NC playoffs. But... if it's OU, I'd love for them to play Alabama in the first round again and watch Hurts destroy Saban and company. Now, again obviously because I'm a Longhorn, I want Clemson to beat the ever-loving out of OU in the NC game.

• LOL! 2

3 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Obviously I want Texas to win the BIG XII and play in the NC playoffs. But... if it's OU, I'd love for them to play Alabama in the first round again and watch Hurts destroy Saban and company. Now, again obviously because I'm a Longhorn, I want Clemson to beat the ever-loving out of OU in the NC game.

Fair enough.  :D 

A really cool PhotoShop job, but not sure he wears #2 for us.

CeeDee wore it last year...  but then, he wore #9 the year before. CeeDee's high school number was #3, so maybe he goes back to that to give Jalen #2?

But then, Mykel Jones wore #3 last year...  however, he wore #8 in high school.

So, maybe Mykel wears #8, CeeDee wears #3, and Jalen wears #2?

A.D. Miller is gone, so #12 is open...  as is #1.

From Grinch's press conference: 

“We kind of coined the phrase ‘takeaways equal victory.’ It stems from the fact that the sole purpose of the defense to be on the football field is to get the ball back to the offense. The purpose behind every play in football is for the defense to get the ball back to the offense. The ball doesn’t have any working knowledge of who its supposed to be thrown to. It doesn’t know the quarterback is supposed to throw it to the receiver. It doesn’t know it’s supposed to stay in the running back's arms. So if the ball doesn’t know, then how on the earth do we know? It affects possessions. We did a study several years ago. Essentially 24 takeaways equated to nine wins regardless of any other statistic in football.”

He certainly talks a good game. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Mike Stoops headed to Alabama in an “off field” role.

I'm sure he can give them great advice about defensive backs lining up 15 yards off receivers, linebackers who play prevent coverage, and two-man defensive fronts. 

5 hours ago, AKA said:

I'm sure he can give them great advice about defensive backs lining up 15 yards off receivers, linebackers who play prevent coverage, and two-man defensive fronts. 

I can too... “Don’t do it!!!!”

• LOL! 1