Sooners 2019 Thread

Mr. P

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my way-too-early scouting report/comparison to predecessors...

Jalen is slower than Kyler but a smoother runner, and much MUCH bigger. Where Kyler would often beat DBs to the corner, Jalen can just run them over. He's straight-line faster than Baker, but I don't know if he has the same uncanny escapability. Will have to see him in more live action. 

I'm doubting Jalen has as good a deep ball as Kyler or Baker (his mid-range perimeter throws seem to hang a bit), but he seems better at just taking what the defense gives. Less of a homerun slugger and more of a high average hitter.

Overall, I think we'll see less big plays and crazy stats than we're used to, but far more efficient moving of the chains and grinding of the clock...  which, in turn, should help our defense. 

We didn't want him anyway/he couldn't have qualified academically/we've already got plenty of depth at his position/this other recruit we're looking at is better than he is/I'm dying inside/kill me now. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

29 minutes ago, Stoney said:

2AD00B99-D592-4C33-9EC0-ED4984F9D666.jpeg

Congrats to Oklahoma on the #1 pick in the NFL Draft.

I hear he's planning to forgo an NFL career to take over for Golf legend Dorf. 

Image result for dorf on golf

• LOL! 1

On 4/29/2019 at 8:55 PM, Red90fly said:

Drew Sanders flipped to Alabama.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:35 PM, trueblue82 said:
On 4/30/2019 at 6:36 AM, 88YoePride said:
On 4/30/2019 at 7:12 AM, trueblue82 said:
On 4/30/2019 at 8:01 AM, AKA said:

We didn't want him anyway/he couldn't have qualified academically/we've already got plenty of depth at his position/this other recruit we're looking at is better than he is/I'm dying inside/kill me now. 

From what it seems to me he committed to Oklahoma to play TE and when he decided that he was more interested in being an OLB he started looking around.

Kind of hard to argue with that logic based off the past decade.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Kind of hard to argue with that logic based off the past decade.  

Yeah, I mean, as much as it s u c k s to lose any top recruit, I can't blame a kid for wanting to go to 'Bama or Clemson if the schools show interest. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Dontae Manning....Sooner fans, how do Y’all feel like his recruitment is going? Especially with the rumors of a decommitment and possible flip.

@Valhalla might know something...  I don't really follow recruiting too close.

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Dontae Manning....Sooner fans, how do Y’all feel like his recruitment is going? Especially with the rumors of a decommitment and possible flip.

No official decommitment yet.

Rumor is that he was close but Riley talked him back into the fold. However, I think that he will be a hard one to hold on to.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Valhalla said:

No official decommitment yet.

Rumor is that he was close but Riley talked him back into the fold. However, I think that he will be a hard one to hold on to.

This is why I don't like to follow recruiting. I'm just too much of a crotchety old man.

tenor.gif

Obviously I'm gonna look at this through crimson glasses, but it's just really really hard for me to imagine any talented RB who (barring interest from Clemson/Alabama) would want to pass on a chance to play in Lincoln Riley's offense. If your goal is being developed and reaching the next level, there's really no better place to be showcased...  again, unless you're Clemson or Alabama. 

Say what you want about our defense (there's no way you'll be more critical than I) the run game has absolutely flourished under Riley. Samaje Perine, Joe Mixon, Rodney Anderson...  all produced big numbers and went to the League. Next up now are Trey Sermon and Kennedy Brooks, both of whom will more than likely end up on NFL rosters. For all the hype our QBs have (deservedly) received, the run game is legit. It's plug and play. Next man up.