Sooners 2019 Thread

Mr. P

It WAS a good article on Switzer by the Transcript writer, but he blew it big time with his account of Barry and the Lone Star.  The story, as related by Barry in his book Bootlegger's Boy, is similar, but different brand of beer:

Barry went down the alley on the way to the recruit's house, saw a bunch of Pearl empties in the trash can.  When the dad asks Barry if he'd like a beer, Barry responds, "Only if it's a Pearl".

And he wound up signing the kid.

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, BlackwellSooner said:

It WAS a good article on Switzer by the Transcript writer, but he blew it big time with his account of Barry and the Lone Star.  The story, as related by Barry in his book Bootlegger's Boy, is similar, but different brand of beer:

Barry went down the alley on the way to the recruit's house, saw a bunch of Pearl empties in the trash can.  When the dad asks Barry if he'd like a beer, Barry responds, "Only if it's a Pearl".

And he wound up signing the kid.

I love the story about him recruiting Keith Jackson... 

Keith's mama was dead-set on him going to Arkansas, then Barry shows up and spends two hours talking about pinto beans and collard greens. Doesn't even talk football. After he leaves Keith's mama says that if Keith doesn't go to Arkie, he's gonna go to Oklahoma.  

On 9/1/2019 at 7:39 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

21-0. This game is over. 

Defense acting like they want the shutout...   can't even remember our last shutout. 

On 9/1/2019 at 7:31 PM, MavGrad99 said:

Murray Jr is an NFL LB... fast and viscous 

He's always had the talent...  just hasn't had the coaching.  :( 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AKA said:

If this game is any indication of what we can expect from our defense, we're gonna need to get Grinch his own statue. 

20 minutes ago, AKA said:

Defense acting like they want the shutout...   can't even remember our last shutout. 

Well it was a fun quarter at least.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

Well it was a fun quarter at least.

Lol, now don't get all doom and gloom on me. I'm the Sooner poormouther on here.   :D 

We are already world's better on D than this point last year. 

On 9/1/2019 at 8:12 PM, Valhalla said:

Okay next kicker up.

Yeah...  at this point I'd rather go for it than flip the coin with this guy.  :angry:

On 9/1/2019 at 8:11 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Other than the fumble Hurts looks great tonight. And to hold UofH to 10pts in a half is good news compared to the D of last year. 

Exactly...  if this was a Mike Stoops defense, it'd be 21-21 at the half and King would already have 300 yards of total offense. 

Shoot, against a QB like King, I'll take this every week: 

dE9G6ZM.png