Sooners 2019 Thread

Mr. P

On 12/28/2019 at 7:33 PM, AKA said:

Well, the outcome of the playoff was about what I expected (sadly), but the overall season was (gladly) well beyond my expectations. 

This was supposed to be a building year, with a new Defensive Coordinator and Offensive Line. Instead we won another Big XII title and another playoff appearance. 

Defense made tremendous strides in Grinch's first year. Obviously we still need serious upgrades to personnel, and the current guys on the roster need to raise their games as well, but I'm thrilled with the progress.  The addition of Jalen Hurts certainly helped offset the growing pains we should've had early on, but ultimately his incredible talent as a runner belied the shortcomings of our offensive line and his talent as a deep-ball passer. 

While the lopsided loss to LSU certainly puts a damper on the season, I'm nevertheless optimistic about where the program stands to go from here. 

I mean, you guys survived with Jalen Hurts as a passing QB...  I’m glad Ohio St let Burrow go.  I am also thankful that Riley didn’t sniff his way also :lol: 

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I mean, you guys survived with Jalen Hurts as a passing QB...  I’m glad Ohio St let Burrow go.  I am also thankful that Riley didn’t sniff his way also :lol: 

Congrats on gaining so many new fans.

If my social media feeds are any indication, your supporters have grown to encompass fans of UT, Baylor, and a host of other programs that OU has been giving the red ass to for the better part of a decade. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AKA said:

If my social media feeds are any indication, your supporters have grown to encompass fans of UT, Baylor, and a host of other programs that OU has been giving the redass to for the better part of a decade. 

A lot more LSU fans in the Longview area this past week for sure. 

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

A lot more LSU fans in the Longview area this past week for sure. 

Gotta admit, it's amusing to see how many folks hate OU more than they like their own program. 

And by amusing I mean pathetic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKA said:

If my social media feeds are any indication, your supporters have grown to encompass fans of UT, Baylor, and a host of other programs that OU has been giving the red ass to for the better part of a decade. 

I know some OU fans rooting for LSU to beat the pants off of Clemson to validate their butt whooping too.  Which is more understandable than rooting for a team because they beat another team.

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I know some OU fans rooting for LSU to beat the pants off of Clemson to validate their butt whooping too.  Which is more understandable than rooting for a team because they beat another team.

:shrug:  I guess I'm just an antisocial prick, but I really don't care what another team does to another team. I guess that's why I'm not into the whole conference rivalry thing.

LSU donkey-stomping Clemson won't validate a thing about our game, in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, AKA said:

:shrug:  I guess I'm just an antisocial ####, but I really don't care what another team does to another team. I guess that's why I'm not into the whole conference rivalry thing.

LSU donkey-stomping Clemson won't validate a thing about our game, in my opinion. 

I disagree. There's no shame in losing to a team like LSU, and them smacking other really good teams shows you that you were just up against a juggernaut that year. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

You should've been there in 2003. A lot of my classmates were suddenly LSU fans and ended up going there. 

In 03 I am pretty sure I was the only guy at ETBU that ever wore LSU stuff...  suddenly we win a national championship and all kinds of people pop up wearing LSU hoodies...  it was pretty annoying 

• LOL! 1

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

In 03 I am pretty sure I was the only guy at ETBU that ever wore LSU stuff...  suddenly we win a national championship and all kinds of people pop up wearing LSU hoodies...  it was pretty annoying 

Bandwagon fans are the worst ones. I kinda laugh when I see Alabama and Clemson fans in Texas.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1