Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums
AKA

Sooners 2019 Thread

Recommended Posts

We didn't want him anyway/he couldn't have qualified academically/we've already got plenty of depth at his position/this other recruit we're looking at is better than he is/I'm dying inside/kill me now. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hurts looked comfortable running that offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2AD00B99-D592-4C33-9EC0-ED4984F9D666.jpeg

Congrats to Oklahoma on the #1 pick in the NFL Draft.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stoney said:

2AD00B99-D592-4C33-9EC0-ED4984F9D666.jpeg

Congrats to Oklahoma on the #1 pick in the NFL Draft.

I hear he's planning to forgo an NFL career to take over for Golf legend Dorf. 

Image result for dorf on golf

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 8:55 PM, Red90fly said:

Drew Sanders flipped to Alabama.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:35 PM, trueblue82 said:
On 4/30/2019 at 6:36 AM, 88YoePride said:
On 4/30/2019 at 7:12 AM, trueblue82 said:
On 4/30/2019 at 8:01 AM, AKA said:

We didn't want him anyway/he couldn't have qualified academically/we've already got plenty of depth at his position/this other recruit we're looking at is better than he is/I'm dying inside/kill me now. 

From what it seems to me he committed to Oklahoma to play TE and when he decided that he was more interested in being an OLB he started looking around.

Kind of hard to argue with that logic based off the past decade.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Kind of hard to argue with that logic based off the past decade.  

Yeah, I mean, as much as it s u c k s to lose any top recruit, I can't blame a kid for wanting to go to 'Bama or Clemson if the schools show interest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The non-athletics side of Oklahoma is starting to look like a dumpster fire.

256D2F5E-E1B3-4906-B0DA-DA71A7B930B9.jpeg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Googlymoogly has entered the transfer portal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AKA said:

Googlymoogly has entered the transfer portal. 

after the Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan fiasco...

they keep catching him with ski masks and pipes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dontae Manning....Sooner fans, how do Y’all feel like his recruitment is going? Especially with the rumors of a decommitment and possible flip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Dontae Manning....Sooner fans, how do Y’all feel like his recruitment is going? Especially with the rumors of a decommitment and possible flip.

@Valhalla might know something...  I don't really follow recruiting too close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Dontae Manning....Sooner fans, how do Y’all feel like his recruitment is going? Especially with the rumors of a decommitment and possible flip.

No official decommitment yet.

Rumor is that he was close but Riley talked him back into the fold. However, I think that he will be a hard one to hold on to.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Valhalla said:

No official decommitment yet.

Rumor is that he was close but Riley talked him back into the fold. However, I think that he will be a hard one to hold on to.

This is why I don't like to follow recruiting. I'm just too much of a crotchety old man.

tenor.gif

Obviously I'm gonna look at this through crimson glasses, but it's just really really hard for me to imagine any talented RB who (barring interest from Clemson/Alabama) would want to pass on a chance to play in Lincoln Riley's offense. If your goal is being developed and reaching the next level, there's really no better place to be showcased...  again, unless you're Clemson or Alabama. 

Say what you want about our defense (there's no way you'll be more critical than I) the run game has absolutely flourished under Riley. Samaje Perine, Joe Mixon, Rodney Anderson...  all produced big numbers and went to the League. Next up now are Trey Sermon and Kennedy Brooks, both of whom will more than likely end up on NFL rosters. For all the hype our QBs have (deservedly) received, the run game is legit. It's plug and play. Next man up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐌er! 

Oklahoma Sooners land commit from 2021 QB Brock Vandagriff, the No. 1 prospect in the nation according to Rivals. @BrockVandagriff 

: https://t.co/1f5eXp7t1l https://t.co/b3raxvi0U3

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐌er! 

Oklahoma Sooners land commit from 2021 QB Brock Vandagriff, the No. 1 prospect in the nation according to Rivals. @BrockVandagriff 

: https://t.co/1f5eXp7t1l https://t.co/b3raxvi0U3

College buddy of mine just RT'd this: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His highlight reel looks good: http://www.hudl.com/v/2AMWDv 

The kid's got excellent size and pocket presence. Very strong arm. Probably less of a true running threat than Kyler or Jalen, but an excellent fit for Lincoln's spread "Pro Raid" system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AKA said:

Obviously I'm gonna look at this through crimson glasses, but it's just really really hard for me to imagine any talented RB who (barring interest from Clemson/Alabama) would want to pass on a chance to play in Lincoln Riley's offense. If your goal is being developed and reaching the next level, there's really no better place to be showcased...  again, unless you're Clemson or Alabama. 

Say what you want about our defense (there's no way you'll be more critical than I) the run game has absolutely flourished under Riley. Samaje Perine, Joe Mixon, Rodney Anderson...  all produced big numbers and went to the League. Next up now are Trey Sermon and Kennedy Brooks, both of whom will more than likely end up on NFL rosters. For all the hype our QBs have (deservedly) received, the run game is legit. It's plug and play. Next man up. 

Manning is a DB.

The thing that hurts Oklahoma is the negative recruiting on the defensive side of the ball. Oklahoma has just not put a lot of quality defensive players into the NFL the last 10 years. (Oklahoma needs to take some lessons from Texas on how to sell recruits on nothing but hope 🤣)

Oklahoma was on Manning before he blew up in the ratings. They were the first really “big time” program to have interest in him. When it was Nebraska and Arizona State negative recruiting who really cared. When schools like Alabama and LSU jump in later in the game and say those things it’s different.

If LSU offers Manning then I think he will be gone. It does not seem at this moment like they will have room for him (they cannot have every DB lol). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐌er! 

Oklahoma Sooners land commit from 2021 QB Brock Vandagriff, the No. 1 prospect in the nation according to Rivals. @BrockVandagriff: https://t.co/1f5eXp7t1l https://t.co/b3raxvi0U3

He won’t stay #1 for long now that he committed to Oklahoma.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Manning is a DB.

Ah, well there you go... I can totally see a top-notch DB giving OU the side-eye, at least until Grinch demonstrates the new boss ain't the same as the old boss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1244AE95-2305-4F7E-8732-AF3CBC6E33C7.jpeg

 

This a big one if it sticks. 

Oklahoma DOES NOT beat Texas in head to head battles in Houston for recruits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the new DC is using an odd tactic recruiting.  If true, he might pull in a good class but also cause problems for this fall

AA147D66-3921-4069-AE18-199B5EFD0C4C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Sounds like the new DC is using an odd tactic recruiting.  If true, he might pull in a good class but also cause problems for this fall

AA147D66-3921-4069-AE18-199B5EFD0C4C.jpeg

He has been that upfront since day #1 on the job.

If you don’t like it then don’t be the worst pass defense in D1 football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×