The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LOL

Sooners 2019 Thread

2 hours ago, bordertown said:

Congrats on the win. Hope for a rematch in December.

Same here.  👍

A high-ranked UT vs. a high-ranked OU would be mutually beneficial regardless of the outcome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

This isn't new. Hasn't it been the case for years? Feel bad for OU. 😕

Dont feel too bad for them. They seem to do pretty well in the early time slot. Lol

On 10/12/2019 at 5:02 PM, AKA said:

He's probably the first player ever to play in both games. Players didn't used to jump around like they can today in college football.

“He’s not dumb. He’s gonna have to slide, or it’s not gonna be good for him.” 

Ggslk8H.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

This isn't new. Hasn't it been the case for years? Feel bad for OU. 😕

Yeah it has, but it is still frustrating. I would like to actually get to watch a whole game this season.

9 hours ago, BlackwellSooner said:

EGtrsyjW4AA8z8P.jpg

I tried to post that photo on my Facebook account and one of my Longhorn friends/family members reported it, Actually put me in Facebook jail for a few hours. :angry:

On 10/12/2019 at 5:01 PM, AKA said:

Same here.  👍

A high-ranked UT vs. a high-ranked OU would be mutually beneficial regardless of the outcome. 

I have mixed feelings about the Big 12's round-robin schedule terminating in a playoff at the end of the season.

OTOH, it kinda #### for the clear-cut winner of the conference to be put in the position of having to beat a team twice, as happened last year.  If you beat a team once, that should be good enough.  Of course, I realize the rationale of the whole thing: it's called MONEY and EXPOSURE to enhance the 12's chances to make the postseason. 

But on the OTHER hand, I also remember all too well how thrilled I was back in Big 8 days - 1978/79, when OU got a second shot at the Huskers after Billy Sims fumbled on the Nebraska 3 yard line in the regular season, dooming our NC hopes.  The expression on Tom Osborne's face when he got the news that the Huskers were rematched with the Sooners was priceless... :)

So, yeah, mixed feelings...

Bevo actually makes him look manly. 

Also yesterday I tried to post about the 11am games. It’s an advantage for the Sooners when it comes time for the CCG. They’ll be ready for the 11am kick in Jerry World. 

1 hour ago, AKA said:

I tried to post that photo on my Facebook account and one of my Longhorn friends/family members reported it, Actually put me in Facebook jail for a few hours. :angry:

Are you really surprised? 

For some reason every time I try to post in this thread it glitches. I can post in every thread in the college section except this one. I actually posted my BEVO comment last night but it never went through. 

34 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

For some reason every time I try to post in this thread it glitches. I can post in every thread in the college section except this one. I actually posted my BEVO comment last night but it never went through. 

Lol, it's my Russian hacker buddies.  😛 

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 4:22 PM, AKA said:

“He’s not dumb. He’s gonna have to slide, or it’s not gonna be good for him.” 

Ggslk8H.gif

My buddy and I went back and watched the 40 minute recap on YouTube. The number 1 thing that stood out to us was BJ Foster. Literally everything he did. From missing tackles, jogging, playing 30 yards deep on EVERY play... I have never seen a player look more unprepared and scared than he did Saturday. It was unreal

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

My buddy and I went back and watched the 40 minute recap on YouTube. The number 1 thing that stood out to us was BJ Foster. Literally everything he did. From missing tackles, jogging, playing 30 yards deep on EVERY play... I have never seen a player look more unprepared and scared than he did Saturday. It was unreal

Speaking of watching film, I recommend Foster spend more time analyzing the shortcomings of his own play before he offers an opinion about someone else's. 

BiJelZK.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKA said:

Speaking of watching film, I recommend Foster spend more time analyzing the shortcomings of his own play before he offers an opinion about someone else's. 

BiJelZK.gif

Agreed. Just shut up and play. All hat, no cattle

• Thanks 1

Foster was going to be the butt of some jokes. He played bad and re-injured his should on the first drive. To make things worse he was but in a position to fail. He’s playing Sterns role as deep safety and he is a box safety. 
The coaching staff, in order to get the best 11 on the field, are putting starters in different roles to combat the injuries instead of playing the backups. I’m not sure which is the best way to go about it but 1v1 deep balls is not Fosters game. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Foster was going to be the butt of some jokes. He played bad and re-injured his should on the first drive. To make things worse he was but in a position to fail. He’s playing Sterns role as deep safety and he is a box safety. 
The coaching staff, in order to get the best 11 on the field, are putting starters in different roles to combat the injuries instead of playing the backups. I’m not sure which is the best way to go about it but 1v1 deep balls is not Fosters game. 

Sure, and football involves the coordination between 22 different players all with different priorities, assignments, and goals. There's bound to be a host of miscues. 

All the more reason to lean heavily on the tried-and-true cliches of sports, "Just gonna play my best and hope we come out on top." 

But if you start jawing about what someone else should or shouldn't do, maaaaaan, you opening yourself to play the fool.  :)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

It wasn't the Foster we know. The kid is a very good football player, but Saturday you could tell he was all kinds of confused. I haven't seen him like that before.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

That's pretty awesome. 

Hmmm. Has any other starter played in, much less won, two of college football's biggest rivalries playing for two different teams?