The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LOL

Sooners 2019 Thread

C'mon Baylor.......make my day!   A win tonight would cement Baylor into the Big 12 Championship with only one more win.  If UT can't get there, then I hope it's Baylor.  I like Matt Rhule and what he's doing with the football program over there. Let's hope it stays clean, Huh?

OU does have a very prolific passing attack.....averaging over 300 yds/game.  Their running attack averages just under 100 yds/game.......but their run defense is slightly lacking, IMO.  They win by outscoring their opponents.......they have some very speedy and talented athletes that do well in a wide open offense.  They could probably run it better too if they emphacized that part of the offense more......but Hurts has been so good passing the ball like Burrow of LSU that there is no reason to change the scheme.  But Baylor plays a good defensive game against Big 12 style offenses........giving OU some trouble early so far.

Baylor  Bears   28

Oklahoma Washouts  3

Yeehaaa  and Yippeee!!!

Long, long, long ways from being over. 

At this point, OU is having an even worse night than Texas.

Just now, Valhalla said:

D8D10C4F-A02C-4FD5-A072-48C35409EEE0.jpeg

Craziness

Freddie Krueger is in the house......it's Nightmare In Waco for OU tonight......LOL.

Look out for Baylor with this kind of lead.......they can play some D with a lead.  They also have team speed, football savvy, and some guys that can score.

19 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

You figured Ceedee Lamb wasn’t going to play at the last minute and Hurts wouldn’t know what do with out the best WR in the nation?

I'm looking directly at yall defense, and what i said previously is what is happening tonight. All that other stuff is collateral damage. 

Sic ‘Em Bears! 

Looks like this Baylor team may be coming together at this point in the season.  They are looking mighty good the past two weeks.

That PI call there against Baylor was a bad call, no doubt about it.  Coach Rhule is livid......and rightly so.

• Like 1

Hurts got popped on the QB draw that time and the ball popped out, but OU recovered it.  Baylor's laying some wood out there.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Hurts got popped on the QB draw that time and the ball popped out, but OU recovered it.  Baylor's laying some wood out there.

Missed face mask. I guess they are even now.

Baylor  28

OU    10

5:06  2nd qtr.

Even a field goal before the half by the Bears will be a very BIG score if they can keep OU from scoring again in this half.

Brewer looks better running it than Ehlinger.......he's quicker with his feet and still has some good size.  These short passes are not getting it done, though......wasted downs.

Great reception on 3rd and long there.......Baylor looking strong tonight against OU.

Baylor showing great discipline so far as a team on both sides of the ball........they look impressive.

Field goal from within the 10 with .07  left.  Now 3 secs. left in the half.

Baylor  da  Bears     31

OU is "Hurting"      10

Halftime in Waco   and Freddie Krueger is going to get some nachos........hahaha.

That’s probably the worst 4 quarters of Oklahoma football that I personally have witnessed in my lifetime.

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Field goal from within the 10 with .07  left.  Now 3 secs. left in the half.

Baylor  da  Bears     31

OU is "Hurting"      10

Halftime in Waco   and Freddie Krueger is going to get some nachos........hahaha.

In fact.......that sounds like a good idea for me at halftime.  Think I'll mosey into the kitchen and whoop me up some nachos too!

Okie scores........31-17 now with 9:16 left in the 3rd.

Fumble!!!!!!!

Refried beans with some of my homemade pico/salsa mixed in......some cumin.......and then with melted finely shredded Mexican Blend cheese on top. Instant nachos with the chips on the side to dip into it.  La Constena jalapeno peppers in the jar on the side also.......but I put them ontop of the bean/cheese dip.