The Smoakhouse Forums

14 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐌er! 

Oklahoma Sooners land commit from 2021 QB Brock Vandagriff, the No. 1 prospect in the nation according to Rivals. @BrockVandagriff 

: https://t.co/1f5eXp7t1l https://t.co/b3raxvi0U3

College buddy of mine just RT'd this: 

His highlight reel looks good: http://www.hudl.com/v/2AMWDv 

The kid's got excellent size and pocket presence. Very strong arm. Probably less of a true running threat than Kyler or Jalen, but an excellent fit for Lincoln's spread "Pro Raid" system. 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:16 AM, AKA said:

Obviously I'm gonna look at this through crimson glasses, but it's just really really hard for me to imagine any talented RB who (barring interest from Clemson/Alabama) would want to pass on a chance to play in Lincoln Riley's offense. If your goal is being developed and reaching the next level, there's really no better place to be showcased...  again, unless you're Clemson or Alabama. 

Say what you want about our defense (there's no way you'll be more critical than I) the run game has absolutely flourished under Riley. Samaje Perine, Joe Mixon, Rodney Anderson...  all produced big numbers and went to the League. Next up now are Trey Sermon and Kennedy Brooks, both of whom will more than likely end up on NFL rosters. For all the hype our QBs have (deservedly) received, the run game is legit. It's plug and play. Next man up. 

Manning is a DB.

The thing that hurts Oklahoma is the negative recruiting on the defensive side of the ball. Oklahoma has just not put a lot of quality defensive players into the NFL the last 10 years. (Oklahoma needs to take some lessons from Texas on how to sell recruits on nothing but hope 🤣)

Oklahoma was on Manning before he blew up in the ratings. They were the first really “big time” program to have interest in him. When it was Nebraska and Arizona State negative recruiting who really cared. When schools like Alabama and LSU jump in later in the game and say those things it’s different.

If LSU offers Manning then I think he will be gone. It does not seem at this moment like they will have room for him (they cannot have every DB lol). 

On 6/20/2019 at 9:10 AM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐌er! 

Oklahoma Sooners land commit from 2021 QB Brock Vandagriff, the No. 1 prospect in the nation according to Rivals. @BrockVandagriff: https://t.co/1f5eXp7t1l https://t.co/b3raxvi0U3

He won’t stay #1 for long now that he committed to Oklahoma.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Manning is a DB.

Ah, well there you go... I can totally see a top-notch DB giving OU the side-eye, at least until Grinch demonstrates the new boss ain't the same as the old boss. 

1244AE95-2305-4F7E-8732-AF3CBC6E33C7.jpeg

This a big one if it sticks. 

Oklahoma DOES NOT beat Texas in head to head battles in Houston for recruits.

• Like 1

Sounds like the new DC is using an odd tactic recruiting.  If true, he might pull in a good class but also cause problems for this fall

AA147D66-3921-4069-AE18-199B5EFD0C4C.jpeg

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Sounds like the new DC is using an odd tactic recruiting.  If true, he might pull in a good class but also cause problems for this fall

AA147D66-3921-4069-AE18-199B5EFD0C4C.jpeg

He has been that upfront since day #1 on the job.

If you don’t like it then don’t be the worst pass defense in D1 football.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

He has been that upfront since day #1 on the job.

If you don’t like it then don’t be the worst pass defense in D1 football.

I understand, but it could backfire on him too.  This year could be awful defensively if they start quitting on the man.  Then the following year he’s starting a bunch of freshman.  He could set himself back a couple years if not careful.  

Its td one thing to be upfront with recruits, but when you throw your current guys u set the bus it won’t set too well

24 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I understand, but it could backfire on him too.  This year could be awful defensively if they start quitting on the man.  Then the following year he’s starting a bunch of freshman.  He could set himself back a couple years if not careful.  

Its td one thing to be upfront with recruits, but when you throw your current guys u set the bus it won’t set too well

I think a bunch of freshmen will be starting in 2020 regardless just because they will be better. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I don't know what Grinch could say to the secondary that they haven't already heard from every pundit, blogger, and fan already. 

The defense (especially the secondary) has been historically terrible. Don't like it? Do something about it. 

Get it done, or get gone. You wanna quit? Quit.

On 6/19/2019 at 3:28 PM, Stoney said:

Dontae Manning....Sooner fans, how do Y’all feel like his recruitment is going? Especially with the rumors of a decommitment and possible flip.

Officially decommitted this morning.

Not a great morning for sports in the State of Oklahoma.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Officially decommitted this morning.

Not a great morning for sports in the State of Oklahoma.

I had read some stories that he was thinking of staying. Be interesting to see which side of the Red River he winds up on.

Just now, Stoney said:

I had read some stories that he was thinking of staying. Be interesting to see which side of the Red River he winds up on.

I think he really wants to be at LSU. If they offer that’s where he will end up.

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I think he really wants to be at LSU. If they offer that’s where he will end up.

Could be. We had the same thing with Major Burns.

6 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Could be. We had the same thing with Major Burns.

He flirted with Oklahoma as well.

• Like 1

Oklahoma’s returning leading rusher Kennedy Brooks has been missing from summer workouts since the team returned in June.

32 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Oklahoma’s returning leading rusher Kennedy Brooks has been missing from summer workouts since the team returned in June.

Is he injured or just pulling a Marcus Dupree?

30 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Is he injured or just pulling a Marcus Dupree?

Nothing has been said about it yet. It just came out today.

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Nothing has been said about it yet. It just came out today.

Hope everything is okay

CAD258D4-8756-4F55-87E4-8D195425FA5A.jpeg

Big commitment tonight.

It was surprisingly hard fight with Georgia for this one.

Finally got around to this. 

Did some all time research and some beginning in 1996 when the Big 12 formed. This was neat to see how much success both of these teams have had throughout history and “recently”.

National titles since ‘96 are at one a piece.

Oklahoma has 12 Big 12 conference titles and Texas has 3.

Oklahoma’s overall record since ‘96 is 216-71, and their bowl record is 8-11.

UT’s overall record since ‘96 is 203-91, and their bowl record is 12-7.

OU has 7 Heisman Trophy winners; UT has 2.

Recent Sooner Heisman winners are ‘03 White, ‘08 Bradford, ‘17 Mayfield, ‘18 Murray.

OU All Time Record = 908-325-53

OU All Time Bowl Record = 29-21-1

UT All Time Record = 908-370-33

UT All Time Bowl Record = 29-24-2

OU All Time conference titles = 48

UT All Time conference titles = 32

OU has 80 Consensus All Americans

UT has 60 Consensus All Americans 

OU has 7 national championships 

UT has 4 national championships 

OU has the highest win % at .762 since 1945.

OU has the most wins (606) since WWII.

OU has the longest winning streak ever at 47

Since ‘96 Oklahoma  holds a 14-10 record head to head over Texas.

Texas holds the all time series record at 62-47-5.

• Like 2