Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

From an Auburn guy who talked to 2020 OL Lindbergh at the Future 50 in Florida: "Texas, Clemson and Stanford stand out for 4-star 2020 OL Chad Lindberg. Has been to Texas the most and is very close with OL coach Herb Hand. Decision coming before his senior season."

This is a guy that Texas usually loses to Stanford but fellow 2020 OL and Texas commit Logan Parr is working hard on him and it would be huge. 

6 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

From an Auburn guy who talked to 2020 OL Lindbergh at the Future 50 in Florida: "Texas, Clemson and Stanford stand out for 4-star 2020 OL Chad Lindberg. Has been to Texas the most and is very close with OL coach Herb Hand. Decision coming before his senior season."

This is a guy that Texas usually loses to Stanford but fellow 2020 OL and Texas commit Logan Parr is working hard on him and it would be huge. 

I want both Lingberg and Majors. They are both the prototypical guys we lose to Stanford. Hopefully that changes this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

I want both Lingberg and Majors. They are both the prototypical guys we lose to Stanford. Hopefully that changes this year.

Yep I think Herman and Hand finally put an end to this.  Stanford's ol looked like hot garbage this year after Mike Bloomgren went to Rice.  Cosmi had a better year than Walker Little.  You add Majors, Lindberg, and Garth to go with Parr and that's an elite ol haul.  Maybe they add a 5th one, not sure.

2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Yep I think Herman and Hand finally put an end to this.  Stanford's ol looked like hot garbage this year after Mike Bloomgren went to Rice.  Cosmi had a better year than Walker Little.  You add Majors, Lindberg, and Garth to go with Parr and that's an elite ol haul.  Maybe they add a 5th one, not sure.

I would assume they’ll take 5-6 because the instate class is loaded for OL in 2020. 

50 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

RB- Ingram will get a full off season and have a larger work load next year. Just need to find another back to give Ingram a breather. Could see a Grad Transfer here.

Herman needs to fire his OC if Ingram isn't the centerpiece of the offense. Ingram should get at least 2 carries for every 1 of Ehlinger's. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Ingram needs to get up to 220-225 and improve his explosiveness and he’ll be great. 

I look for him to have a great offseason and finally get Texas a 1K rusher. 

20 lbs in 7 months is a lot, if it is “good” weight.......I trust Herman and the S & C coaches, but my guess is that if he comes in over 220 this August, he won’t have the quickness we hope to see. 

25 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

20 lbs in 7 months is a lot, if it is “good” weight.......I trust Herman and the S & C coaches, but my guess is that if he comes in over 220 this August, he won’t have the quickness we hope to see. 

He’s got the frame to carry it and Yancy McKnight is one of the best S&C coaches. He won’t put weight on him that he can’t carry and keep his explosiveness. 

39 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I'm just going to throw this hypothetical question out there.

Could the Longhorns beat, Alabama and/or Clemson?  

Defense goes a long way... against these teams...  Look at LSU... while Bama beat them handily, LSU made Bama's offense look tame for most of the 1st half and at times in the 2nd half.  With the collection of coaches and talent on those 2 teams, it's going to take some great defense and some disciplined offense to even keep it close.  OU could have beat Bama if they could have borrowed the Texas D that played yesterday...

• Like 1