Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

8 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I expect a bounce back year from Oklahoma State.

Depends on if Gundy finds a trigger man.

Not only do they have to replace Corndog, but they gotta find a new OC. 

Who's on you guys wish list/feel good about being in the 2020 class at this time?

Have to think Texas is in a good spot with the Duncanville duo, Jaylen Garth, Lindberg, Prince Dorbah, and Jaylon Jones off the top of my head.

I hope Texas can get Majors, Vernon Broughton, Bryson Washington.

Evans will be a year long roller coaster.

Will Demas flip?  Hard to believe he wouldn't come to Texas after what big receivers did in this offense.  

I think the safest bet for an out of state stud right now is Mookie Cooper and Kelee Ringo.

Two guys you can probably write off being at Texas IMO are Hornsby and McGlothern.

7 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Who's on you guys wish list/feel good about being in the 2020 class at this time?

Have to think Texas is in a good spot with the Duncanville duo, Jaylen Garth, Lindberg, Prince Dorbah, and Jaylon Jones off the top of my head.

Will Demas flip?  Hard to believe he wouldn't come to Texas after what big receivers did in this offense.  

I think the safest bet for an out of state stud right now is Mookie Cooper and Kelee Ringo.

Two guys you can probably write off being at Texas IMO are Hornsby and McGlothern.

Lindberg and Majors are the 2 I want.

20 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Have to think Texas is in a good spot with the Duncanville duo, Jaylen Garth, Lindberg, Prince Dorbah, and Jaylon Jones off the top of my head.Agree

I hope Texas can get Majors, Vernon Broughton, Bryson Washington. Add Darius Snow 

Evans will be a year long roller coaster. I’d like to see Texas go hard at McClellan too

Will Demas flip?  Hard to believe he wouldn't come to Texas after what big receivers did in this offense. Only chance Texas has is if Sheppard sticks

I think the safest bet for an out of state stud right now is Mookie Cooper and Kelee Ringo. I think Ringo will be a Longhorn, Cooper is probable

Two guys you can probably write off being at Texas IMO are Hornsby and McGlothern. Agree

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

You’re not thinking clearly if you think Texas will replace their defense better than LSU will replace theirs. I’m not saying Texas won’t win or be a better overall team, but LSUs defense will be just fine next season. 

You misunderstand the way I meant that. I think the talent level LSU is losing defensively is much greater than what Texas is losing, and the disparity of talent between the players taking over and the ones leaving is smaller for Texas, making it easier for Texas to replace theirs than LSU.

Does that make sense? 

48 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Ingram’s brother Dixon at Carthage. 

Found these quotes from Wheeler and Gary Johnson.

According to Texas linebackers Anthony Wheeler and Gary Johnson, Georgia went from talking trash to sounding like an episode of Dr. Phil.

“By the second quarter, they went from talking to trash to saying, ‘We didn’t think y’all would come out this hard,’” said Wheeler, who had a drive-killing sack.

Added Johnson, who had a critical sack in the fourth quarter that helped kill a Georgia drive and some UGA momentum:

“Those guys looked at us and told us, ‘We didn’t think y’all were going to be this physical.’

“They went up against Alabama and LSU, and they call the SEC the best conference. So those guys probably came in thinking we were going to be a pushover, and that’s when we hit ‘em in the mouth.

“We just out-physicaled them. We hurt ‘em. They didn’t want to play with us anymore, and that’s when we put an emphasis to just keep putting our foot on their throats.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

According to Texas linebackers Anthony Wheeler and Gary Johnson, Georgia went from talking trash to sounding like an episode of Dr. Phil.

“By the second quarter, they went from talking to trash to saying, ‘We didn’t think y’all would come out this hard,’” said Wheeler, who had a drive-killing sack.

Added Johnson, who had a critical sack in the fourth quarter that helped kill a Georgia drive and some UGA momentum:

“Those guys looked at us and told us, ‘We didn’t think y’all were going to be this physical.’

“They went up against Alabama and LSU, and they call the SEC the best conference. So those guys probably came in thinking we were going to be a pushover, and that’s when we hit ‘em in the mouth.

“We just out-physicaled them. We hurt ‘em. They didn’t want to play with us anymore, and that’s when we put an emphasis to just keep putting our foot on their throats.

That’s great!

46 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

This is glorious! This game was over after the first quarter. You could see it in the Georgia players body language, they weren’t ready to get hit. 

5 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Anyone think there is any chance Bru McCoy chooses Texas tomorrow?

No.  Been a USC fan all his life, right down the road from them, all his pals go to USC.  

He's kinda' like Ehlinger, he was coming no matter what even after back-to-back crappy seasons.

Bru probably even knows Helton wont be around long and same with Kingsbury, but he doesn't care.

The Sugar Bowl win will pay off with the 2020 recruits.

I was told by a coach that played at Carthage and was a Lb at Texas his name slips my mind at this time but he was coaching at a Jr.High basketball game and he said he thinks Dixon is a better overall runner than his older brother

33 minutes ago, 514 said:

I was told by a coach that played at Carthage and was a Lb at Texas his name slips my mind at this time but he was coaching at a Jr.High basketball game and he said he thinks Dixon is a better overall runner than his older brother

Dixon is slightly faster, but if you say Dixon is a better runner from the RB spot you’d be incorrect.

Dixon is more of a receiver than RB, his frame is more meant to be a receiver than a running back. Both are great athletes!

36 minutes ago, 514 said:

You must be referencing Kendall Thompson you spoke to.