Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

Apparently this weekend ATM homer Taylor Hamm spread some rumors that Coach Herman was talking bad at ATM and the SEC. But more reports are coming out now and seems as though it was actually QB1 Sam Ehlinger and I just gotta day if this is true I love this kid so much. Below is one of the newest rumors.

From a random poster elsewhere

"A buddy of my brother's was in attendance of yesterdays event. This is what I gathered went down yesterday,

Herman was the first to speak to the group. To my knowledge he did not speak much on A&m, if at all. Sam and Caden Sterns then went up and addressed the group. Let's just say Sam was a little more honest. 

Sam said things like "who in their right mind would live in CS or Norman, OK than Austin, Texas." He also said the SEC hype is just that.. hype relayed by the media. They proved that on the field. Of course this was not his only subject he touched on. He talked about their progress as a team and how high they are climbing. Basically get on now or get left behind. He finished his speech with "If we played the aggies tomorrow, there's no doubt in my mind we would beat them down." 

Even after that Herman didn't say much about atm or sec. More like "oh great hope there's no camera phones around" 

So nothing that can't be refuted with facts. Imo, if Demas took all of that that badly, then he's fully bought in to Jimbo, and is pretty much a lost cause. "

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Apparently this weekend ATM homer Taylor Hamm spread some rumors that Coach Herman was talking bad at ATM and the SEC. But more reports are coming out now and seems as though it was actually QB1 Sam Ehlinger and I just gotta day if this is true I love this kid so much. Below is one of the newest rumors.

"A buddy of my brother's was in attendance of yesterdays event. This is what I gathered went down yesterday,

Herman was the first to speak to the group. To my knowledge he did not speak much on A&m, if at all. Sam and Caden Sterns then went up and addressed the group. Let's just say Sam was a little more honest. 

Sam said things like "who in their right mind would live in CS or Norman, OK than Austin, Texas." He also said the SEC hype is just that.. hype relayed by the media. They proved that on the field. Of course this was not his only subject he touched on. He talked about their progress as a team and how high they are climbing. Basically get on now or get left behind. He finished his speech with "If we played the aggies tomorrow, there's no doubt in my mind we would beat them down." 

Even after that Herman didn't say much about atm or sec. More like "oh great hope there's no camera phones around" 

So nothing that can't be refuted with facts. Imo, if Demas took all of that that badly, then he's fully bought in to Jimbo, and is pretty much a lost cause. "

Hmmm.  Conflicting reports from a reporter known for stretching stuff.  Just remember, you can’t soell Hamm without hmm

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I mean, yeah I believe Herman may have made a comment or two about the SEC and a&m.  Big deal, everything was probably truth backed up with facts anyways.  I also have no doubt that Hamm twisted this into his own narrative.  Just remember, he was the 1st one to come out with this.  This isn't the 1st, nor will it be the last time that he does this.

So what if Demas got all huffy puffy, if he doesn't want to hear anything negative about a&m then stop continuing to visit the main in-state rival.  Anywhere else he's going to visit he's going to hear the same thing.  Having said that, I bet he still visits Texas again.  Everything else I've seen says the weekend was a huge success and I bet Texas signs majority of the kids that visited over the weekend.

• Like 2

Here is a picture taken this weekend. Everyone in attendance can be seen throwing the Horns Up with the exception of OU commit McClellan (props young man) Below that I blew up the photo in the middle to show Mr. Demas himself, ATM commit yet wearing a Texas hoodie and throwing the Horns Up front and center. 

B7D7B80B-2C1D-4EE9-AF8B-077CE813DF1A.jpegC2703F41-1F9C-4C3A-BC8B-AE61DF709970.png

This doesn’t look like a guy that is no longer considering Texas. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Here is a picture taken this weekend. Everyone in attendance can be seen throwing the Horns Up with the exception of OU commit McClellan (props young man) Below that I blew up the photo in the middle to show Mr. Demas himself, ATM commit yet wearing a Texas hoodie and throwing the Horns Up front and center. 

B7D7B80B-2C1D-4EE9-AF8B-077CE813DF1A.jpegC2703F41-1F9C-4C3A-BC8B-AE61DF709970.png

This doesn’t look like a guy that is no longer considering Texas. 

You can see why the staff loves Jaylen Garth.  Great frame and length to play Tackle.

And geeze that Fatheree kid for 2021 is huge, is he going to outgrow himself from football?  I think he's already in the 6'7-6'8 range.

• Like 1

TFB, who is the most reliable of the Texas sites IMO, pretty much just said what Justafan said.  It was Ehlinger and McConaughey who were the ones did the talking about the SEC win and made a joke or two that might have been directed at the a&m commit.  They also said all Herman pretty much said was "You don't have to go out of state or to the SEC to play for championships".

Not hard to see how Hamm took this and spun it into his own narrative.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

TFB, who is the most reliable of the Texas sites IMO, pretty much just said what Justafan said.  It was Ehlinger and McConaughey who were the ones did the talking about the SEC win and made a joke or two that might have been directed at the a&m commit.  They also said all Herman pretty much said was "You don't have to go out of state or to the SEC to play for championships".

Not hard to see how Hamm took this and spun it into his own narrative.

That guy is a legend....... in his own mind

How is McConaughey allowed to be so involved with the process. He doesn’t give a dime to the university? Isn’t he a booster? You don’t see many examples of boosters involved in the program to the level he is unless they are former players. Just curious how his involvement isn’t some sort of violation. (I don’t think it should be but the rules are so tight on what boosters can and cant to.) 

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

How is McConaughey allowed to be so involved with the process. He doesn’t give a dime to the university? Isn’t he a booster? You don’t see many examples of boosters involved in the program to the level he is unless they are former players. Just curious how his involvement isn’t some sort of violation. (I don’t think it should be but the rules are so tight on what boosters can and cant to.) 

I have no idea if he is a booster, but he isn't the only celebrity involved with their alma mater. Have you never paid attention to how involved Will Ferrell is with USC? Maybe not to the extent McConaughey is, but still. 

Just now, Lobo97 said:

I have no idea if he is a booster, but he isn't the only celebrity involved with their alma mater. Have you never paid attention to how involved Will Ferrell is with USC? Maybe not to the extent McConaughey is, but still. 

McConaughey is an employee of the University.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I guess. I mean I admittedly don’t follow usc much. I’ve seen Will on sidelines of games and stuff but never seen him involved in the recruiting process or anything. Was just curious. 

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

No different than snoop dawg being at usc practices is guess.  Will Ferrell either.  

18 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I guess. I mean I admittedly don’t follow usc much. I’ve seen Will on sidelines of games and stuff but never seen him involved in the recruiting process or anything. Was just curious. 

There are YouTube videos of Will Ferrell participating and interacting with recruits on official visits. 

36 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

There are YouTube videos of Will Ferrell participating and interacting with recruits on official visits. 

Like I said I don’t know much about usc or what levelmof involvement Celebs have there. I was just curious about the rules. It just seems strange. I have a hard time believing McConaughey isn’t a booster if he loves the university so much, and I have a hard time believing that if he weren’t famous he would be allowed by the ncaa to be involved with recruits. I’m not saying this because he’s a Texas grad or anything. I feel the same way about usc now. I just don’t understand the rules on booster interaction and how much they can have with recruits. (Assuming those guys give money to the program. I have a hard time believing staffs let them be involved if they aren’t.) 

2 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I am of the opinion you wish A&M had an A-list actor passionately supporting the Aggies like McConaughey does the Longhorns. 😄

🤘🏻

I’ve been to College Station twice.  Both times I was glad to get out of there.  Last time I said I’d never go back.  Maybe the ones they do have fell the same way

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ve been to College Station twice.  Both times I was glad to get out of there.  Last time I said I’d never go back.  Maybe the ones they do have fell the same way

I like the town... I just haven’t had many great interactions with A&M fans outside of this site

23 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I am of the opinion you wish A&M had an A-list actor passionately supporting the Aggies like McConaughey does the Longhorns. 😄

🤘🏻

I’d rather have super bowl mvps and first round draft picks backing A&M, not some hippy actor on the downhill of his career. 

23 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

This is ridiculous. Stop bold face lying. From a city perspective, College Station is more than adequate. Name one thing you want that it doesn’t have besides specialty things like six flags or specific attractions. As far as college towns go, it’s one of the better ones out there. And it’s much better than that liberal hell hole in Austin. 

This is a narrative put out by sips that make it out to be smaller than Marshall tx or something...

18 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I like the town... I just haven’t had many great interactions with A&M fans outside of this site

Which is rare because almost every opposing fan base raves about the hospitality and friendliness of Aggies. I don’t believe you been many times if you disagree. Not saying you might not have had a bad experience once, but this is far from the norm most opposing fans talk about. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This is ridiculous. Stop bold face lying. From a city perspective, College Station is more than adequate. Name one thing you want that it doesn’t have besides specialty things like six flags or specific attractions. As far as college towns go, it’s one of the better ones out there. And it’s much better than that liberal hell hole in Austin. 

This is a narrative put out by sips that make it out to be smaller than Marshall tx or something...

It’s not what it’s lacking why I don’t like it....  it’s what it’s full of is the reason.  Lol

• LOL! 2