Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

It’s not what it’s lacking why I don’t like it....  it’s what it’s full of is the reason.  Lol

So you dislike Aggies. Which is fine. But it has nothing to do with the town. You hate what’s in it, I’m sure they couldn’t wait to get a T-shirt sip out either. So you’re pretty even. 😂

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I’d rather have super bowl mvps and first round draft picks backing A&M, not some hippy actor on the downhill of his career. 

He’s pretty cool, and is way more driven and goal oriented than you’d think. I recently listened to an interview he did recently and was impressed with what he said about acting and preparation and the execution of fulfilling a character’s role. Can’t remember what it was on, but it was a sports talk show. 

Super Bowl MVPs and 1st round draft picks are great, and movie stars pumping up your program are too. 

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Which is rare because almost every opposing fan base raves about the hospitality and friendliness of Aggies. I don’t believe you been many times if you disagree. Not saying you might not have had a bad experience once, but this is far from the norm most opposing fans talk about. 

Only been to one game there.  Been on campus and I’ve worked with several alumni.  

The people I ran into were full of themselves and this was BEFORE JFF, so there wasn’t even reason to talk down too many other football programs at the time.

now for college Station itself, I liked it.  It looks clean.  The food was good.  The workers seemed competent.  Besides the random whiff of cow dung in the air, that place was top notch.  Bryan is also s great city to compliment College Station 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

He’s pretty cool, and is way more driven and goal oriented than you’d think. I recently listened to an interview he did recently and was impressed with what he said about acting and preparation and the execution of fulfilling a character’s role. Can’t remember what it was on, but it was a sports talk show. 

Super Bowl MVPs and 1st round draft picks are great, and movie stars pumping up your program are too. 

Might as well use him to your advantage. I mean Toby Keith and Chuck norris could do the same for Ou. A&M got who Lyle Lovett and who Rick Perry? Guess NFL will have to do LoL.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

Only been to one game there.  Been on campus and I’ve worked with several alumni.  

The people I ran into were full of themselves and this was BEFORE JFF, so there wasn’t even reason to talk down too many other football programs at the time.

now for college Station itself, I liked it.  It looks clean.  The food was good.  The workers seemed competent.  Besides the random whiff of cow dung in the air, that place was top notch.  Bryan is also s great city to compliment College Station 

I grew up with several Aggies and my wife’s family has a few.  They’re all great people and easy to get along with.  Like you, when in CS the Aggies I met were full of themselves in an obnoxious way.   I’ve met engineers on projects at work.  You can tell them (by the way they look) before they tell you they’re an Aggie......and believe me, they’re going to tell you they’re an Aggie.

MM was a big hit with a few parents this past weekend. Having him around has its advantages and Herman seems to be pushing the right buttons. 

Another great alumni that has a great impact with recruits is Michael Huff. His face is all over the place because of his Thorpe award and Defensive MVP of the National Championship. He can’t go on the road to recruit but he is a huge part of the on campus visits. 

I think McConaughey just loves his team. I mean yeah he's technically an employee, but he's had his own suite at the games for YEARS. In fact, I'm pretty sure he lives around Round Rock if I'm not mistaken so he's always around campus. He's rarely out in LA. 

Image result for matthew mcconaughey texas longhorns cheerleader

24 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

What round you guys think Omenihue gets drafted?  He was dominant in the Sugar Bowl.

He was good in the SB, I wouldn’t say dominant.  

I think no higher than 3rd round, no lower than early 5th.  That’s the talent level he is to me, but an NFL team’s necessity could make him higher in that range