Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

5 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

@AKA @Valhalla what's the rumor on this one??  

The scuttlebut I'm hearing is that he was encouraged to "explore his options" via transfer portal, that there was some pushback from Tatum, and that an OU insider leaked that Tatum was planning to enter. 

My understanding is that Tatum doesn't "fit" in to what Grinch is wanting to do. 

Take all that with a grain of salt. 

5 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

UT bias is rampant and must be stopped!

Those guys, neither deserve to be in the top 50!!

Pfffttt!!!! 😡

😂😂☺️

🤘🏻

ESPN and media are so biased towards Texas that they left them out of the FPI top 25...  Aggies rated at 11.  The outrage!!!  Aggies should riot!

• LOL! 4

http://www.hudl.com/profile/9480015/Teriyon-Cooper

Cooper is another player like Jake Smith or Jordan Whittington. Props to the Texas coaches for adding these guys that have gamebreaking speed. Something Texas hasn’t had since Daje? 

I do think Texas will have to keep recruiting him throughout the cycle because other teams will come after him. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

http://www.hudl.com/profile/9480015/Teriyon-Cooper

Cooper is another player like Jake Smith or Jordan Whittington. Props to the Texas coaches for adding these guys that have gamebreaking speed. Something Texas hasn’t had since Daje? 

I do think Texas will have to keep recruiting him throughout the cycle because other teams will come after him. 

He's liked Texas for a while now and been a lean.  Having his teammate on board should help.  Big time playmaker that's electric with the ball in his hands.  Herman has talked about wanting to get more speed.  This class is going to have a lot of high end talent with a high composite average.  Time to get some defensive talent on board now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Texas is on the verge of having it rolling again.

If UT can win the conference this year they should be able to reach the playoffs in 2020.

Heck, they may be able to make the playoff this coming season..

🤘🏻

Lots of new faces will be starting this year, let's see how things look after LSU.  They'll have more returning starters than Texas.  I do think Orlando and the defense can do to LSU what they did to Georgia, he's always defended these type of offenses real well.  Scoring on LSU could be a challenge though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Lots of new faces will be starting this year, let's see how things look after LSU.  They'll have more returning starters than Texas.  I do think Orlando and the defense can do to LSU what they did to Georgia, he's always defended these type of offenses real well.  Scoring on LSU could be a challenge though.

Agreed 

28 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Great to have Garth on board. 

Texas is 3/5 for their preferred OL haul this class with only Lindberg and George left. 

From what I hear Lindberg will visit Stanford, then decide between them and Texas.  I think his older brother is already enrolled at Texas.  George is looking like a an Aggie Lean at the moment but Texas is recruiting him hard

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

From what I hear Lindberg will visit Stanford, then decide between them and Texas.  I think his older brother is already enrolled at Texas.  George is looking like a an Aggie Lean at the moment but Texas is recruiting him hard

I think Lindberg ends up at Texas.  He's friends with the other OL commits, his brother goes to Texas, and his mom is a UT fan.  Stanford curse gets broken this year.  

I'm not that high on George, his film looks average IMO, looks slow.

Texas needs to hit on its top DL targets like they are OL.

Things are going to get fun here soon.  A lot of those California recruits are set to visit in the next month (Wilson, Flowe, Phillips, Milton).

Lots of options in the secondary.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

I think Lindberg ends up at Texas.  He's friends with the other OL commits, his brother goes to Texas, and his mom is a UT fan.  Stanford curse gets broken this year.  

I'm not that high on George, his film looks average IMO, looks slow.

Texas needs to hit on its top DL targets like they are OL.

Things are going to get fun here soon.  A lot of those California recruits are set to visit in the next month (Wilson, Flowe, Phillips, Milton).

Lots of options in the secondary.

I agree on Lindberg, I think he ends up at Texas. I haven’t looked at George much. 

Texas does need to land a couple of big time DL guys.