Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Yeah all newcomers get a red stripe. When they "officially" become a member of the team, they get it removed. I know Ohio State does something very similar so I'm sure that's where Herman got it.

It's definitely an internal thing. When I played football back in the day our coach did the same thing with the little stickers on the helmet. You earn your sticker, or in this case, lose your stripe.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I think all freshman start with the stripes.  They have to earn the right to take it off...  or something like that

Ah, okay. Gotcha! I'm glad nothing is changing. I'm an old-school, classics kinda guy. Thanks!! 

• Like 2

Del Conte is very active on twitter and fans ask him very often about alternative uniforms for the football team. Every time he gives the same answer, “Texas football is iconic and there is no reason to change”.

There was a poll floating around twitter earlier this week of the most recognizable sports logo, the Texas Longhorn finished 2nd to the Dallas Cowboys star. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Del Conte is very active on twitter and fans ask him very often about alternative uniforms for the football team. Every time he gives the same answer, “Texas football is iconic and there is no reason to change”.

There was a poll floating around twitter earlier this week of the most recognizable sports logo, the Texas Longhorn finished 2nd to the Dallas Cowboys star. 

No reason to change the Longhorns or Cowboys uniforms!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

doubt they're changing anything...many times in spring, etc they go with cool changes including the black TEXAS jerseys and helmet with a black Longhorn on it that I always hoped they go with as an alternate sometime...like everyone in the world sports

why can't we do any of the cool stuff...like having a giant horn on the side or HORNS real big sometime as a change-up? 

Umm, no.  As an alum of UT-Austin I am against any "alternative" uniforms.  Some uniforms and schools are beyond the need to do anything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Umm, no.  As an alum of UT-Austin I am against any "alternative" uniforms.  Some uniforms and schools are beyond the need to do anything.

If I were a UT alum, I would be against it too.  But for the “could be” people, you could always preview an alternate jersey to be auctioned after the spring game each year.

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

If I were a UT alum, I would be against it too.  But for the “could be” people, you could always preview an alternate jersey to be auctioned after the spring game each year.

I’m not an alum, and I share the sentiment of staying traditional.  Texas has one of the best looking unis out there.  

8 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Report: Texas not planning to part ways with Shaka Smart.

Guess they're content with just watching the tournament. 

So Texas isn’t committed to men’s basketball.  That’s the statement.  

When they do hire theyll have a ave a lot of applicants, especially when there’s not much pressure to succeed. 

On 3/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, DB2point0 said:

I’m not an alum, and I share the sentiment of staying traditional.  Texas has one of the best looking unis out there.  

I hate pretty much everything about the UT athletic program...  but I must grudgingly concede this fact. They'd be fools to abandon their classic uniforms. It's iconic, especially the white-on-white "stormtrooper" look. 

This is one area where, as Seymour Skinner says, "No, it is the children who are wrong." 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKA said:

I hate pretty much everything about the UT athletic program...  but I must grudgingly concede this fact. They'd be fools to abandon their classic uniforms. It's iconic, especially the white-on-white "stormtrooper" look. 

This is one area where, as Seymour Skinner says, "No, it is the children who are wrong." 

my favorite is the Burnt orange jersey, white pants.  But like I said above, I wouldn't mind seeing alternates in the spring to be used for charity etc.

5 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

my favorite is the Burnt orange jersey, white pants.  But like I said above, I wouldn't mind seeing alternates in the spring to be used for charity etc.

Yeah, I can dig that. Go crazy during spring. 

Just now, MavGrad99 said:

I think it would please the youngsters who want to see the possibilities of the Longhorn uniform without really breaking tradition.

I wish OU saved their "alts" for the Spring.    <shudder> 

On 3/16/2019 at 4:00 PM, JustAFan11 said:

13th ranked class nationally and 1st in the Big12.

Recruiting hasn’t been the problem for Shaka, this is actually his worst class if it finishes outside the top 8. 

uh, he had ZERO recruits committed for the incoming class...that's actually been one of THE worries

• Will Baker
    Will BakerWestlake (Austin, TX) 
    7-0 / 235
    25 8 2

Signed

C

• Kai Jones
    Kai JonesBrewster Academy (Wolfeboro, NH) 
    6-10 / 205
    53 14 3

Signed

C

• Donovan Williams
    Donovan WilliamsElkins (Missouri City, TX) 
    6-5 / 180
    59 7 8

Signed

SG

so I see on 24/7...he's showing 3 players...2 C's and the SG...I hope that fixes all that's broken. it won't that's the problem.