Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

Texas is down a couple of safeties in spring ball. 

Sophmore safeties BJ Foster (concussion)  and Caden Sterns (patellar tendinitis) will miss some time this spring. While Foster does sustained his injury after taking a knee to his head in Monday’s practice, there is no timetable for his return. Sterns had surgery to repair his tendinitis and will miss 6-8 weeks. 

Texas is already without starting safety Brandon Jones after having ankle surgery before spring practice started. East Texas (Arp) own Demarvion Overshown will take first team reps, he was actually ahead of Foster on the depth chart last fall camp before a knee injury derailed him. At the other safety spot Texas will look at jr Chris Brown. 

Injuries in the spring aren’t great but these backups will get much needed reps. 

4 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Very curious if Herman will offer the Medford kid from Henderson. I heard he has quite a few offers.

I like his game, I think Texas has a few others rated higher than him right now but he a player for sure. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I like his game, I think Texas has a few others rated higher than him right now but he a player for sure. 

I think if the big 5* WR from Cali. visits, Texas can land him.  The other big WR take will probably be the kid from Temple.  Omeire probably ends up at a&m.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I think if the big 5* WR from Cali. visits, Texas can land him.  The other big WR take will probably be the kid from Temple.  Omeire probably ends up at a&m.

Ingram’s younger brother had a really good jr season and has shown in the triple jump and 100 meters this spring that he has got faster and more athletic.  He is going to be a really good one in college. 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

Freshman LB De'Gabriel Floyd will miss the entire 2019 season, and possibly career, with spinal stenosis. 

That is so terrible! Pull one of the best LBs in the country out of California and he may never see the field. 

I bit of good news, Derrion Brown, RB out of Georgia, is supposed to be released from the hospital today and could be at the Spring Game next weekend. 

22 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

That is so terrible! Pull one of the best LBs in the country out of California and he may never see the field. 

I bit of good news, Derrion Brown, RB out of Georgia, is supposed to be released from the hospital today and could be at the Spring Game next weekend. 

Yeah thos stinks.  Going to need Gbenda and Tillman to pan out.

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

I hate to lose a player of his caliber, but I hate it more for the kid. Kid has the potential for a bright future. But, God may have something bigger in store for him. Maybe a year from now he is recovered and even still able to play football. 

• Like 2

Just got back to the hotel from the game. That wind was brutal!

Stood next to Jordan Whittington, kid looks like he’s a college jr not a high school senior. 

Guys I thought stood out: Jalen Green, Demarvion Overshown, Keondra Coburn, Jeffrey McCulloch, Kirk Johnson, and Dicker the kicker. 

On 4/13/2019 at 10:56 PM, JustAFan11 said:

Just got back to the hotel from the game. That wind was brutal!

Stood next to Jordan Whittington, kid looks like he’s a jr not a high school senior. 

Guys I thought stood out: Jalen Green, Demarvion Overshown, Keondra Coburn, Jeffrey McCulloch, Kirk Johnson, and Dicker the kicker. 

Whittington is a grown man!!!

• Like 1