Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

On 6/13/2019 at 2:18 PM, JustAFan11 said:

Looks like Texas is getting OU RB commit Jase McClellan in for an OV this weekend. 

EDIT: QB commit Hudson Card will take his OV this weekend too. Interesting timing.

The Card visit is unofficial. 

The McClellan deal has sooner fans really worried. There's even a rumor that he has silently flipped to UT. Wonder what that does to the imminent Robinson decision if true?

Heard from a guy that a big 2021 recruit is going to commit in the next couple of weeks. This guy is right more often than he's wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baron said:

The Card visit is unofficial. 

The McClellan deal has sooner fans really worried. There's even a rumor that he has silently flipped to UT. Wonder what that does to the imminent Robinson decision if true?

Heard from a guy that a big 2021 recruit is going to commit in the next couple of weeks. This guy is right more often than he's wrong.

Another rumor that seems to be floating around is that Evans has been trying to convince Jase to flip so he can have that 2nd RB spot in Norman.

I don’t what he could have changed to make him think Austin is a better place for a RB to be than Norman. I would imagine that Oklahoma has been upfront about taking 2 backs in this 2020 class from the beginning.

Maybe he just wants some attention that he has kind of missed out on since he was an early bloomer.

The RB room in Austin is definitely less intimidating than the one in Norman.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Another rumor that seems to be floating around is that Evans has been trying to convince Jase to flip so he can have that 2nd RB spot in Norman.

I don’t what he could have changed to make him think Austin is a better place for a RB to be than Norman. I would imagine that Oklahoma has been upfront about taking 2 backs in this 2020 class from the beginning.

Maybe he just wants some attention that he has kind of missed out on since he was an early bloomer.

Ha.

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

The whole thing is weird.  When he burst in as a Fr, he committed to OU and told everyone else to not bother him about recruiting.  He held steady on that until this summer...  I wonder what happened 

19 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

He was suspended all last season

27 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

He got in a fight last off-season protecting his brother after a car wreck. 

I remember all that. 

But did the coaching staff remove him after the suspension or did he "volunteer" to leave the team? 

Staying in school at UT, transferring, or just dropping out? 

20 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I remember all that. 

But did the coaching staff remove him after the suspension or did he "volunteer" to leave the team? 

I’ve heard Transfering to SFA possibly.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Carthel is dangerous at SFA...  the only thing that stands in his way is their #1 Rival...  give Carthel 2 years and SFA may well become a football school...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Carthel is dangerous at SFA...  the only thing that stands in his way is their #1 Rival...  give Carthel 2 years and SFA may well become a football school...

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Hhhhmmmm....I wonder who that is? 🤔😉. Eat 'em up Kats!! 

I feel sorry for the kid if he becomes a lumberjerk. It'd be a shame. 😀

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

I remember all that. 

Graduated.  I imagine they told him to move on

On 6/18/2019 at 4:19 PM, MavGrad99 said:

They have a long way to go....

• Thanks 1