Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

13 hours ago, WETSU said:

Except those of us who are smart enough to understand what I’ve already explained to you know that’s not what I was doing...

So you’re still guaranteeing Broughton to Arkansas or aTm??

Actions speak louder than your multi paragraph explanations.  You guaranteed something then backed off of it.  You laid em on the block, don’t be scared to get em chopped off.  Stand for what you guaranteed.  Be strong, It’s just a message board talking about recruiting.  

34 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

So you’re still guaranteeing Broughton to Arkansas or aTm??

Actions speak louder than your multi paragraph explanations.  You guaranteed something then backed off of it.  You laid em on the block, don’t be scared to get em chopped off.  Stand for what you guaranteed.  Be strong, It’s just a message board talking about recruiting.  

You are an illiterate tool you know that....

i did not say I guarantee where broughton is going. I said I’ll take that bet. Meaning yes i am confident, but a bet isn’t a guarantee. 

I stand by what I said. I think he’s going to A&M or Arkansas and would bet on it. The real question is, if  he does commit to A&M, are you going to come apologize for making yourself look like the village idiot like you normally do on here, or are you going to come give ole wetsu a congrats you were right when all my longhorn mods were wrong? I doubt it. You’ll just deflect and start another pointless argument like you always do. 

45 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You are an illiterate tool you know that....

i did not say I guarantee where broughton is going. I said I’ll take that bet. Meaning yes i am confident, but a bet isn’t a guarantee. 

I stand by what I said. I think he’s going to A&M or Arkansas and would bet on it. The real question is, if  he does commit to A&M, are you going to come apologize for making yourself look like the village idiot like you normally do on here, or are you going to come give ole wetsu a congrats you were right when all my longhorn mods were wrong? I doubt it. You’ll just deflect and start another pointless argument like you always do. 

(((I’d take that bet. This kid is either going to Arkansas or A&M. ))))  there’s your quote.  Arkansas or aTm.  Illiterate?

youre getting as bad as another resident ag with the personal attacks.

I went to LaTech's graduation ceremony back in May.  Bradshaw was the Commencement speaker.  He spoke about 20 minutes or so without notes.  I was quite surprised as to how cohesive his message was as well as pertinent.  And, it was funny and entertaining.  He did make light of his "education".  He did say things that only he can say as he called out many of his co-workers and their lack of graduating from college.  As students walked across the stage he personally acknowledged many of them.

I am not too worried about his comments regarding Ehlinger as I do not see them as being said in a mean way.  He is all-in as a Bulldog.  Seems like a likable guy.

Perhaps his speech at the graduation is online.  I haven't bothered to Google it yet.

37 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I fixed it 😨

Bradshaw was a average QB who just happened to be surrounded by one of the most unreal collections of football talent ever assembled. Him and Joe Namath are 1A/1B when it comes to being overrated.

7 hours ago, Baron said:

Remember what Hollywood Henderson said about Bradshaw? It still applies.

Gil Brandt came out yesterday and said Terry couldn’t spell Sam if you gave him the S and M.

2 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I'm sure La tech players don't agree and wish he keep his mouth shut about Texas. 

Ya know... Ehlinger isn't the best passer... he isn't the best runner... Maybe this is were Bradshaw was going...  but the kid is an elite QB on the college level.  Instincts like  Manziel when running.  His passing decisions were rarely catastrophic.  The kid just wins games, and it was clear that he was the best player on the UT offense every game last season...  Sure the offense was dead at times, but he came through like Tebow enough times to win 10 games!  10 GAMES!  Last year wasn't the year I would have predicted that record...  

Now, we also saw with Manziel... his play isn't sustainable unless the parts around him get upgraded...  Which it appears they are, but how much?  A young, more athletic OL, may be an upgrade, but also leads to a lot of mistakes that can get the poor guy crushed again and again and hurt like Johnny did his final year...  

So all in all, while he may not be who I would draft in the NFL, he would be one of my top 3 QBs for ANY college team in 2019.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Ya know... Ehlinger isn't the best passer... he isn't the best runner... Maybe this is were Bradshaw was going...  but the kid is an elite QB on the college level.  Instincts like  Manziel when running.  His passing decisions were rarely catastrophic.  The kid just wins games, and it was clear that he was the best player on the UT offense every game last season...  Sure the offense was dead at times, but he came through like Tebow enough times to win 10 games!  10 GAMES!  Last year wasn't the year I would have predicted that record...  

Now, we also saw with Manziel... his play isn't sustainable unless the parts around him get upgraded...  Which it appears they are, but how much?  A young, more athletic OL, may be an upgrade, but also leads to a lot of mistakes that can get the poor guy crushed again and again and hurt like Johnny did his final year...  

So all in all, while he may not be who I would draft in the NFL, he would be one of my top 3 QBs for ANY college team in 2019.

But to take a shot at Sam out of nowhere like that doesn't make sense, maybe Bradshaw just doesn't like Texas 

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

Kid’s a game who’s talents help his team but doesn’t necessarily light up the stat sheet or get NFL scouts drooling. Doesn’t make him a bad college QB. 

For college ball right now, he's great for Texas. 

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

But to take a shot at Sam out of nowhere like that doesn't make sense, maybe Bradshaw just doesn't like Texas 

I don’t know the context of the comment or who he was in front of when he said it, but a lot of times folks will play  to the crowd they’re in front of.  Terry Bradshaw worked with my grandpa in Shreveport years back as a summer hand.  He said he wasn’t the brightest kid but was a hard worker and very respectful.  Terry Bradshaw doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that would purposefully say something off color about a kid in a malicious way.  I say he may have just been playing to his crowd.

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

For college ball right now, he's great for Texas. 

I like the fact that the offense uses him in the running game.  Bill Snider used it a lot through the years with great success.  It’s a power game that can break the will of a defense if you win the trenches

On 6/28/2019 at 11:15 AM, DB2point0 said:

I don’t know the context of the comment or who he was in front of when he said it, but a lot of times folks will play  to the crowd they’re in front of.  Terry Bradshaw worked with my grandpa in Shreveport years back as a summer hand.  He said he wasn’t the brightest kid but was a hard worker and very respectful.  Terry Bradshaw doesn’t seem like the kind of guy that would purposefully say something off color about a kid in a malicious way.  I say he may have just been playing to his crowd.

I wouldn't mind hearing that whole press conference