Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

29 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Don’t apologize for me.  I am fully capable of using the ignore feature, I just don’t want to. Nobody gets news on this site. We come for the stupid #### contest. If we want news we go to the recruiting sites. This is just a local fighting pit. 

I would love to talk football. And me and Growl did have a productive convo earlier. There’s just one person on this site not capable of it. 

I told you why I thought auburn wasn’t top 25 right now.  I’m sorry but losing 5 conference games doesn’t make you worthy of that notoriety.  It was valid points, you just wanted to argue, that is all.  There are several teams I’d have up there in their place and even listed them.  It’s just your sec blinders make you think otherwise.  

45 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Jahari Rogers to Florida.  ####, was hoping he'd be the 2nd CB in this class to go with Crawford. Looks like the staff will now target Jordan Pouncey's bro from Florida.

I don’t think his recruitment will shut down

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

As I expected, AZ S Lathan Ransom committed to Ohio State. I expect Bijan Robinson to join him there. Just 3 weeks ago, it looked like Texas would get both.

Agreed.

Texas can move on from Ransom but I think you gotta keep recruiting Bijan until the end or at least until you fill up with other RBs.

11 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Vernon Broughton commits to Texas. Good get for the Longhorns but not sure if it will hold. He seems like a kid who will de commit to me. I could be wrong though. 

How so?  His recruitment hasn't had any drama really unless you want to count the last few days.  He took all his visits and committed shortly after which is what he said he was going to do from day 1.  He's been a Texas lean pretty much throughout the process.  Nothing is certain until the fax is in, but you can look at plenty more recruitments and think a decommit will happen before this one.

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

I think Lindberg will follow shortly.  Chris Thompson will commit in a few weeks.  Others likely to end up in the class IMO are Johnston and Collins.  Gets murky after that.

After those few I think the season will a lot to do with the finish of this cycle.

16 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

How so?  His recruitment hasn't had any drama really unless you want to count the last few days.  He took all his visits and committed shortly after which is what he said he was going to do from day 1.  He's been a Texas lean pretty much throughout the process.  Nothing is certain until the fax is in, but you can look at plenty more recruitments and think a decommit will happen before this one.

That’s actually not true. Texas mods were saying he was going to A&M from the opening finals until about 3 days before his birthday.... both sides and the national writers for multiple sites we’re saying A&M had the momentum and they thought he ended up there. Then about last Friday things completely changed. 

He was a Texas lean most of the process, started leaning A&M for a while but Texas won out. There was a little drama to it. Congrats to the kid and Texas got a good one. I wonder if it’s truly over, but great pickup regardless. 

On 6/25/2019 at 12:05 PM, JustAFan11 said:

May not be popular right now but I think Texas gets Broughtons commitment. 

I think once once he and his family sit down and discuss all the schools in consideration, Texas will win out. 

You sir, deserve a toast

giphy (2).gif

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

He wasn’t giving Looch the satisfaction of breaking the news.  He gave more suspense because that #### ruined his moment.  He’d rather Looch had egg on his face for a couple days

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

I think he’s been a slight Texas lean the whole way too.  As he was going on his OVs those team mods started putting CB’s for him to Texas.  They knew something.  I don’t think he changes or decommits, but you never know for sure until the ink dries

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Momma Broughton had a big influence on this recruitment. But even some of his interviews at the rivals challenge and the opening you could see his answers were favoring Texas. 

Everyone keeps saying momma wanted Texas, but I have yet to see one interview that says that. Anyone have anything? I’ve seen Texas people speculate his mom wanted Texas, but they did the same thing with Leal last year. Hell they pretty much say that about every recruit. I’m just curious if she actually said this. 

18 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Everyone keeps saying momma wanted Texas, but I have yet to see one interview that says that. Anyone have anything? I’ve seen Texas people speculate his mom wanted Texas, but they did the same thing with Leal last year. Hell they pretty much say that about every recruit. I’m just curious if she actually said this. 

There are two exclusive interviews she gave with the mods at Inside Texas, obviously behind paywall, that make me think she was more pro-Texas. One was during the Rivals 5star challenge that had everyone switching their pick. But it was right after that camp that I said it may be unpopular but I felt he’d end up at Texas after the family sat down to discuss. 

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Momma Broughton had a big influence on this recruitment. But even some of his interviews at the rivals challenge and the opening you could see his answers were favoring Texas. 

Both mommas made it known to the Texas coaching staff they wanted their kids to play at Texas.  It was talked about on multiple message boards by mods.  

25 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Both mommas made it known to the Texas coaching staff they wanted their kids to play at Texas.  It was talked about on multiple message boards by mods.  

So the words never came directly from their mouth. We are just going on from mods. Gotcha.

28 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

There are two exclusive interviews she gave with the mods at Inside Texas, obviously behind paywall, that make me think she was more pro-Texas. One was during the Rivals 5star challenge that had everyone switching their pick. But it was right after that camp that I said it may be unpopular but I felt he’d end up at Texas after the family sat down to discuss. 

See my response to DB. I just wanted to know if we had a quote saying specifically she wanted her kids at Texas, or if it was just mods or posters saying it or things like that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

So the words never came directly from their mouth. We are just going on from mods. Gotcha.

Multiple mods, yes.  Not just one.  

Some are are very vocal publicly about their kids, some want their kids to enjoy the whole process.  

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Multiple mods, yes.  Not just one.  

Some are are very vocal publicly about their kids, some want their kids to enjoy the whole process.  

Again, was it a quote from her? I’ve seen mods from every site say things like this about numerous recruits. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

She knows the recruiting game. She was never going to say publicly which school she preferred. 

Texas coaches do a great job with players moms. At every big recruiting weekend the staff has parents of current players come in for a Q&A with recruits parents. It always seems to be well received and the women are very vocal on social media.