Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

19 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

She knows the recruiting game. She was never going to say publicly which school she preferred. 

Texas coaches do a great job with players moms. At every big recruiting weekend the staff has parents of current players come in for a Q&A with recruits parents. It always seems to be well received and the women are very vocal on social media. 

Women folk being vocal, you don’t say?!!

😄😂

• LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

She knows the recruiting game. She was never going to say publicly which school she preferred. 

Texas coaches do a great job with players moms. At every big recruiting weekend the staff has parents of current players come in for a Q&A with recruits parents. It always seems to be well received and the women are very vocal on social media. 

Every staff does a great job with moms. 🙄 Jimbo and his staff as well. 

Im just saying that I’ve heard this several times on different kids and have yet to hear the mom actually say it. For years Aggies would say the same thing. “Momma loves A&M but he committed to Texas anyways.” Type stuff. I’m just curious if this was hard evidence or just something a mod says to his fan base. Because every mod for every fan base does stuff like that. 

9 minutes ago, WETSU said:

What I’m saying is there’s a difference in a mom liking a school and it’s staff, and directly saying “I want my son to play at Texas for coach Herman” 

How many moms have used social media to say that though.  Most of them are kind and appreciative to all the staffs publicly.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

What I’m saying is there’s a difference in a mom liking a school and it’s staff, and directly saying “I want my son to play at Texas for coach Herman” 

I hear what you’re saying but just because it’s not public doesn’t make it untrue. 

Having read the interviews on IT I believe she was a Texas lean. If VB had chosen ATM, I think she would have been happy with the decision he made for himself. 

If I had been recruited to play ball, my dad would have preferred Arkansas but he would support my decision to choose Texas. 

9 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

How many moms have used social media to say that though.  Most of them are kind and appreciative to all the staffs publicly.  

That’s exactly my point. All moms tell most staffs and mods they really like school X and can see there son there and blah blah. But you guys, more your mods but you guys run with it, are claiming that the mother of both Leal and Broughton expressed that they specifically wanted their son to go to Texas. Not that they would be be okay with it, or it’s his choice and she respects it, but that they specifically wanted him at Texas. I’m simply wondering how you guys came up with that if there isn’t a direct quote. And you say it’s because multiple mods say it, but where are their quotes? You’re simply just believing a story that has no evidence because a mod said it. This week alone showed mods know nothing. Those same mods you are talking about were saying Broughton to A&M literally 6 days before he committed to Texas... mods don’t know everything.

2 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I hear what you’re saying but just because it’s not public doesn’t make it untrue. 

Having read the interviews on IT I believe she was a Texas lean. If VB had chosen ATM, I think she would have been happy with the decision he made for himself. 

If I had been recruited to play ball, my dad would have preferred Arkansas but he would support my decision to choose Texas. 

Okay but you personally know your dad. You know his wants because he’s been honest with you his whole life. Broughtons mom could have literally just said she really likes the staff at Texas, and a mod can turn that into mom wants him at Texas... well she might have really liked other staffs too. She might be telling every staff and mods that. 

7 minutes ago, WETSU said:

This week alone showed mods know nothing. Those same mods you are talking about were saying Broughton to A&M literally 6 days before he committed to Texas... mods don’t know everything.

Other than OB (who you say is a joke and I wont argue that) I didn't see any other Texas sites/mods saying Broughton to a&m.  IT said it was a 50/50 coin flip, TFB maintained Texas, and Mike Roach never wavered on his crystal ball pick and Perroni (who was the only person to put in an a&m pick) said he had the best source with this recruitment.  If some other stuff was said by Texas 247 mods then I apologize. 

20 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Looks like Texas may be adding another DL recruit to the class, kid from Utah.  Adding him to the 2 current commits, plus potentially Collins later would be a stout DL haul.

Fillinger posted a 4.25 shuttle and shows a quick first step. I think he’s going to take Princelys spot.

Just now, JustAFan11 said:

Fillinger posted a 4.25 shuttle and shows a quick first step. I think he’s going to take Princelys spot.

Princely thinks he's a 4-3 DE.  

Yeah Fillinger is a composite high 3*, but a 4* on 2/3 of the services.  He looks pretty good to me with the tape and that shuttle/sparq score.

• Like 1

Broughton was a definite need as we need elite defensive lineman.  Regardless of how he got there it's a win.  I'm a fan of both jimbo and herman.  I honestly didnt understand why texas swung and missed with saban only jimbo was my 1b, but they went with strong.  I hope the top two schools in texas close the borders its wayyyy to many elite players leaving the state.  This should always be the norm when it comes to in state talent.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

That’s exactly my point. All moms tell most staffs and mods they really like school X and can see there son there and blah blah. But you guys, more your mods but you guys run with it, are claiming that the mother of both Leal and Broughton expressed that they specifically wanted their son to go to Texas. Not that they would be be okay with it, or it’s his choice and she respects it, but that they specifically wanted him at Texas. I’m simply wondering how you guys came up with that if there isn’t a direct quote. And you say it’s because multiple mods say it, but where are their quotes? You’re simply just believing a story that has no evidence because a mod said it. This week alone showed mods know nothing. Those same mods you are talking about were saying Broughton to A&M literally 6 days before he committed to Texas... mods don’t know everything.

When the mods say that a source on the staff says the mother told them she wants them there, while standing in the confines of the coaching office, I tend to listen to it. Quote from mother not needed.   I don’t see a reason why a mod would fabricate something of THAT nature and ruin a relationship that they can make money off of.  Well I know of one mod that ruined himself but he didn’t work for a Texas Longhorn outlet. 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

For the past several days, all I've seen is a bunch of bickering, with the same arguments going back and forth, filling 2 pages! 

Good grief, knock it off.

If you guys just want to just have a pro Texas thread with no debate on anything then fine. I’ll stay off this one. Watch how boring this site gets when all we do is stick to our own fan threads and don’t debate anything.

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

If you guys just want to just have a pro Texas thread with no debate on anything then fine. I’ll stay off this one. Watch how boring this site gets when all we do is stick to our own fan threads and don’t debate anything.

That's not what I said Wetsu. But you can gave a debate without going arou.d in cires with the same arguments, that you've both been doing for the last few days. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

That's not what I said Wetsu. But you can gave a debate without going arou.d in cires with the same arguments, that you've both been doing for the last few days. 

It’s not both of us. It’s one of us who can’t comprehend what’s even being discussed and adapt to the conversation. But I’ll no longer address him on Texas threads so it doesn’t bother anyone. 

16 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Wow. I didn't realize how many mistakes I made in this post, l. 

20 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Princely thinks he's a 4-3 DE.  

Yeah Fillinger is a composite high 3*, but a 4* on 2/3 of the services.  He looks pretty good to me with the tape and that shuttle/sparq score.

Fillinger is a good prospect.  Likely a redshirt candidate, not because he needs to physically develop, but to develop his skills.  He looks the part already.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Fillinger is a good prospect.  Likely a redshirt candidate, not because he needs to physically develop, but to develop his skills.  He looks the part already.

16 years old and 6'4 250 lbs. His mommas cookin must be gooooood