Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

Coach Drayton needed the Robinson commit in a bad way. He and coach Giles are coming through clutch on the trail. 

I’m ecstatic that Texas got Bijan because I did not want to ride the Evans coaster until signing day. Now Texas can be selective with their RB2 choice. 

7 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Coach Drayton needed the Robinson commit in a bad way. He and coach Giles are coming through clutch on the trail. 

I’m ecstatic that Texas got Bijan because I did not want to ride the Evans coaster until signing day. Now Texas can be selective with their RB2 choice. 

Im hoping they can get Ty Jordan, would be a great compliment to Bijan 

• Like 2

Coach Herman said in his PC after practice that RB Ingram has added 20 pounds to frame and also added 1 MPH to his speed. 

This is excellent news! Looks for him to have a big year and it should keep Ehlinger from carrying the ball/taking as many hits this year. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

This recruiting class is starting to come together real nice.  Safety position will be looking real good in a few days.  Have to feel good about Johnston and Collins.  Only thing Texas needs to find is a linebacker.  I really hope they can get back in with Josh White.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Coach Herman said in his PC after practice that RB Ingram has added 20 pounds to frame and also added 1 MPH to his speed. 

This is excellent news! Looks for him to have a big year and it should keep Ehlinger from carrying the ball/taking as many hits this year. 

Get it Keaontay!

29 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Don't think so but they really wanted him.  LB's are scarce in Texas and he's a good one.

Yes A&M really wanted him. You are correct in saying there isn’t enough good linebackers in the state. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Yes A&M really wanted him. You are correct in saying there isn’t enough good linebackers in the state. 

The only other 2 linebackers I see early on this class is the kid from Texas High, who looks more like a 3-4 olb and the kid from Duncanville who looks like he may grow into a DL if he's already in the 240 lb range.  New names will eventually emerge.

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Maybe I was thinking of somebody else.  

I think you’re thinking about Donell Harris out of Florida. He was a 5 star DE in the 2021 class but reclassified to 2020. He is pretty much by most people an Aggie/Georgia battle right now. He has publicly announced A&M as his leader after a visit last weekend. 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think you’re thinking about Donell Harris out of Florida. He was a 5 star DE in the 2021 class but reclassified to 2020. He is pretty much by most people an Aggie/Georgia battle right now. He has publicly announced A&M as his leader after a visit last weekend. 

That’s the one

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

The only other 2 linebackers I see early on this class is the kid from Texas High, who looks more like a 3-4 olb and the kid from Duncanville who looks like he may grow into a DL if he's already in the 240 lb range.  New names will eventually emerge.

The Texas High kid would be a B-Backer at Texas.

Just now, Lobo97 said:

Duncanville S Chris Thompson commits to Auburn. That's a big miss. He was widely expected to choose Texas 

Strange situation here. Rumors going around that his dad was really pushing Auburn. Best of luck to the young man. 

While Texas looks great at safety for the future, I’d still keep an eye on this one because Coach Gus is going to start the season on the hot seat.