Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Y’all should’ve lost to Texas twice last season. 

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Big12 made sure OU got in the playoffs.  It made the conference more money that way.  

You could easily say Texas should have lost to Oklahoma twice. 

And if that is the case then you should be thankful. You could not have had the greatest four loss season ever without beating sleepwalking Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. 

Literally LOL at the idea of the Big 12 screwing over Texas. They reinterpreted the taunting rule because it hurt your HC’s feelings to see the Horns down. 

The Big 12 exists to service Texas which makes your lack of Big 12 titles even more hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

And if that is the case then you should be thankful. You could not have had the greatest four loss season ever without beating sleepwalking Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. 

Oh dear Lord, Texas dominated OU in the Cotton Bowl and y’all scored some late touchdowns to pull closer than that game ever should’ve been.

In the Big 12 championship game Texas got roasted by the officials in the 2nd half, I mean bad! 

Sleep walking Georgia, whatever. They got punched in the mouth on both sides of the ball and couldn’t respond, period.

Maryland, unacceptable loss, stupid and shouldn’t have happened.

OU loss in the Big 12 title game - ripped off.

Very easily could’ve had only 2 losses last season.

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Oh dear Lord, Texas dominated OU in the Cotton Bowl and y’all scored some late touchdowns to pull closer than that game ever should’ve been.

In the Big 12 championship game y’all Texas got roasted by the officials in the 2nd half, I mean bad! 

Sleep walking Georgia, whatever. They got punched in the mouth on both sides of the ball and couldn’t respond, period.

Maryland, unacceptable loss, stupid and shouldn’t have happened.

OU loss in the Big 12 title game - ripped off.

Very easily could’ve had only 2 losses last season.

7 point win over Tulsa 

5 point win over K-State

6 point win over Baylor 

Could have been 6-6 again pretty easily too.

10 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

7 point win over Tulsa 

5 point win over K-State

6 point win over Baylor 

Could have been 6-6 again pretty easily too.

But did not, I get what you are saying, but I don’t get why you’re so adamant about this.

Your very talented team lost to UT in the RRS and without a lot of help from the refs could’ve lost again. I think you stated as much in the immediate aftermath of the Big 12 championship game last year here on SDC.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

But did not, I get what you are saying, but I don’t get why you’re so adamant about this.

Your very talented team lost to UT in the RRS and without a lot of help from the refs could’ve lost again. I think you stated as much in the immediate aftermath of the Big 12 championship game last year here on SDC.

Lord knows Texas has never benefited from inconsistent officiating in a Big 12 game before. 

You can “what if” or hedge all day long but facts are facts. 

You had a four loss season, and were excited about it.

8 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Lord knows Texas has never benefited from inconsistent officiating in a Big 12 game before. 

You are correct, I was very excited about our 4 loss season. I think they started off like they had played the previous season and it could’ve really sent them on the wrong path. They had some close games I believe they’d have found a way to lose under Strong. They won the RRS and played well in the Big 12 title game. Of the games they did lose they fought til the end and had a great chance to win them all. Then they finished with a quality win in a big bowl game.

I was very happy and encouraged by UT’s 2018 four loss season. Not ashamed!

You know from where UT has been in the recent past that last year was a vast improvement.

Gotta start somewhere and they truly did start at the bottom. Battled back to respectability last year. UT is not back to the heights they hit in the early-to-mid 2000s, but they are working on it.

We’ll see if they can get back there!

13 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Herman is owning Jimbo in state.

Jimbo has 3 of the top 5 players in the state committed. Very good chance at 4 of  the top 5. Herman has done very well, but it’s far from “owning jimbo” in state. Texas has put together a very good class the last few weeks, A&M is still getting its fair share though. This isn’t the type of domination we saw with Mack Brown. 

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

Jimbo has 3 of the top 5 players in the state committed. Very good chance at 4 of  the top 5. Herman has done very well, but it’s far from “owning jimbo” in state. Texas has put together a very good class the last few weeks, A&M is still getting its fair share though. This isn’t the type of domination we saw with Mack Brown. 

Who's winning the recruiting battle goes beyond 3 players. 

Of the Top 25 players in Texas:

Texas - 7

A&M  - 3

Top 50:

Texas - 12

A&M - 5

I agree with you that it's not like it was under MB, but neither is recruiting across the board since 2012. 

So while it may be closer than it used to be,  Herman is winning the state, by comparison. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Literally LOL at the idea of the Big 12 screwing over Texas. They reinterpreted the taunting rule because it hurt your HC’s feelings to see the Horns down. 

The Big 12 exists to service Texas which makes your lack of Big 12 titles even more hilarious.

Texas DL gets flagged for Belly Rub after a tackle.  What’s the difference in that and the horns down?  It’s celebration either way, or taunting.  Tom Herman took his foot off the gas pedal in October was the only reason a FG had to win the game.  I wouldn’t expect a sooner fan to acknowledge how bad the refs were in December because you were the beneficiaries 

10 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Nobody is excited about 4 losses.  They’re excited about the trajectory of the team.  Forgive us for being excited to be past the days of 5-7 (hopefully)

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Texas DL gets flagged for Belly Rub after a tackle.  What’s the difference in that and the horns down?  It’s celebration either way, or taunting.  Tom Herman took his foot off the gas pedal in October was the only reason a FG had to win the game.  I wouldn’t expect a sooner fan to acknowledge how bad the refs were in December because you were the beneficiaries 

I thought Val actually did acknowledge their good fortune post game confirming the support they got from the refs. 

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

King wasn’t top player when he committed.  The recruiting services must want Aggies to stay highly ranked in the team rankings.  

56 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Who's winning the recruiting battle goes beyond 3 players. 

Of the Top 25 players in Texas:

Texas - 7

A&M  - 3

Top 50:

Texas - 12

A&M - 5

I agree with you that it's not like it was under MB, but neither is recruiting across the board since 2012. 

So while it may be closer than it used to be,  Herman is winning the state, by comparison. 

And A&M won it by a similar margin last year is what I’m saying. Last year Jimbo “owned” Herman in state by most accounts, and you guys said it was because Herman chose to target out of state guys. 

17 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

You do realize its only August right? A lot of things can happen from a recruiting standpoint in 4-6 months. 

I agree. We can finish this discussion in February. At this point last year Texas barely had a top 25 class and was “being owned by jimbo in state” then finished with a top 5 class. Still a lot of time left before anyone is safe. 

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Just like I would not expect a Longhorn to acknowledge the officiating every October either. 

You are so triggered by being on the short end of the officiating stick one time. Imagine how the rest of the conference feels. 

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Just like I would not expect a Longhorn to acknowledge the officiating every October either. 

You are so triggered by being on the short end of the officiating stick one time. Imagine how the rest of the conference feels. 

Oklahoma State in Austin a couple years ago.  They were as blatant as any I’ve seen.  In favor of Ok St

4 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

You do realize its only August right? A lot of things can happen from a recruiting standpoint in 4-6 months. 

Yes, I completely agree,  a lot can change. However, at this point, the only way to change the narrative for this years class is for kids to flip their pledges. There isn't a large number of recruits in the top 50 still uncommitted. And of those that are, there are a couple leaning toward A&M, a couple toward Texas, and then those leaning toward other schools. 

I merely showed the numbers based on those who have committed as of now. And unless players start flipping, Herman will win the state this year. 

5 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Players will flip, It happens every year. It just depends on how many do. I’d say it’s far from over at this point. 

You may be absolutely right. Kids flip far more often nowadays than ever before.

And for the record, my comment was in no way throwing shots, nor was I implying that Herman is 'owning' anything. Just showing the numbers as they are today.

Good to know for all Longhorn fans.

Texas Athletics finished fourth-place in the 18-19 Learfield IMG College Directors’ Cup standings, personal best since 2005-06. Men’s Tennis won the National Championship, four teams finished in the top two; seven in the top five; and 11 in the top 10. Texas also claimed a league-best nine Big 12 Championships.

Texas Athletics is also closing in on selling 63,000 football season tickets, which will break the Texas all-time record of 62,737.

Exciting things for Longhorn Athletics. I’ve said it one and I’ll keep on saying it, Chris Del Conte was a homerun hire for the AD position. He has done a tremendous job. 

• Like 2

On 8/18/2019 at 1:21 PM, Lobo97 said:

Yes, I completely agree,  a lot can change. However, at this point, the only way to change the narrative for this years class is for kids to flip their pledges. There isn't a large number of recruits in the top 50 still uncommitted. And of those that are, there are a couple leaning toward A&M, a couple toward Texas, and then those leaning toward other schools. 

I merely showed the numbers based on those who have committed as of now. And unless players start flipping, Herman will win the state this year. 

Winning the state and owning the state are two different things though. I do not believe Herman just pushed Jimbo out and Jimbo didn’t get many he wanted. That’s owning the state. Herman landed more but he did “own” anything like the guy said. At least not imo. And for that matter, Jimbo did about the same last year. 

I think both have recruited well both in and out of state over the last two years. Neither has “owned” the other right now.