Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

53 minutes ago, bordertown said:

LSU exploited a matchup consistently in the second half against Green. Texas countered with any LSU DB versus Duvernay. Never felt the Horns were out of it until last score by LSU. Two talented teams played Saturday night.

I may have to watch it again, but I didn’t see green get beat.  I saw his guy make great plays a few times while he was in position.  Boyce got beat multiple times

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I may have to watch it again, but I didn’t see green get beat.  I saw his guy make great plays a few times while he was in position.  Boyce got beat multiple times

Green got beat a few times when he tried to press. He'll only get better.

2 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Texas defense struggled a bit . They showed last night how much they lost on defense last year. The offense was good minus the Running game. Having those injuries made a huge difference.

If the truth were known, I’d say Herman kept quiet that Ingram was not 100% for this game due to all the other RB injuries and adjusted the game plan accordingly.  I’d say he was about 80% at best.  No way he can move like he is used to with that big ole’ knee brace on his left knee.  It’s a long season and we need Ingram healthy to accomplish the team goals of a Big 12 championship and one of four Playoff spots.  We went toe to toe with a top 4 team and weren’t even firing on all cylinders.  And we learned that RJ can run the ball from the RB position!  I was very impressed with his play and agree he had more pep in his step than Ingram last night.  Texas will be just fine.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

If the truth were known, I’d say Herman kept quiet that Ingram was not 100% for this game due to all the other RB injuries and adjusted the game plan accordingly.  I’d say he was about 80% at best.  No way he can move like he is used to with that big ole’ knee brace on his left knee.  It’s a long season and we need Ingram healthy to accomplish the team goals of a Big 12 championship and one of four Playoff spots.  We went toe to toe with a top 4 team and weren’t even firing on all cylinders.  And we learned that RJ can run the ball from the RB position!  I was very impressed with his play and agree he had more pep in his step than Ingram last night.  Texas will be just fine.

I Definitely agree. I like the direction Texas is going. 

18 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

As long as he doesn't see pressure coming. He played great last night but it was very obvious that pressure gets too him.

Bottom line IMO, LSU is a dam good football team.

The last touchdown he saw pressure moved to avoid it and barely got the throw off before being sack. Still took a hit and delivered a strike. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Burrow is legit

Dude was dang near perfect. He had 8 incompletions and I’ll bet half of those were on dump offs to the RB. He looked off safeties, hit back shoulder fades, and when he needed the biggest conversion of the game he move up in the pocket avoiding the rush and threw a 17 yard strike. 

Heck of a game from that kid. 

My 2 cents...

Offensively...to be a great offense, you can't leave points on the field. When plays are there to be made, you have to make them. As great as the O was, it could've been better.

Defensively...I am hoping that this was an LSU coming out party on offense, and not a sign of things to come for the defense in big 12 play. LSU really pushed the tempo in the 2nd half and kept their foot down and Texas couldn't get off the field. I was most disappointed on the 3rd down call that ended the game. Yes you look great IF you get home and get a sack right there...but you look like a fool if you don't. My personal preference in that situation is to cover the heck out of the 1st down sticks, force a short throw and rally to the ball to tackle and force the punt. Just think that was a bit too much hero ball of a call considering how poorly man coverage had worked to that point.

Coaching...The turning point in the game is when it went from 10-7 to 20-7 with less than a minute running off the clock late in the 1st half. Get a 1st down and then go faster to try to score. Don't use 15 seconds and kick it away and give them a short field. I personally don't disagree with going for it on 4th down and goal twice like they did in the 1st half. LSU would've had to go 99 to score. Another head scratcher for me was the drive that ended up with the punt for a touchback with 6ish minutes left in the half. Had a 3rd and 4, and were in 4 down territory. You've got 2 plays to get 4 yards and keep scoring opportunity alive. Instead, a sack on 3rd down and a touchback punt completely kill the momentum and set up the last 2 scores of the half for LSU. 

All in all, Texas offense showed that they should be in every ball game with their ability to score. IF the defense comes along, UT has a great chance to win the remaining games on the schedule and find themselves back in the big 12 title game with a playoff spot still in play. IF the defense does not grow up in a hurry, Texas is going to lose 1-2 at minimum in the conference and find themselves at best as the 2 seed in the big 12 title game. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 9:25 AM, JustAFan11 said:

After sleeping on it....what a fantastic football game! I may have to make the trip to BR next season. 

Also my wife was in the line when Mcconaughey came to the GameDay set and she may never be the same. She got a high five haha. 

Wouldn't expect the warmest of welcomes...I'm hearing of some gripes from the LSU side about their experience...Players parents being seated in the nosebleeds along with the band. LSU was allotted only 3,000 tickets for the game. 

18 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Wouldn't expect the warmest of welcomes...I'm hearing of some gripes from the LSU side about their experience...Players parents being seated in the nosebleeds along with the band. LSU was allotted only 3,000 tickets for the game. 

After talking to my friends that are season tix holders for LSU it was agreed upon by both schools.  Texas will get 3,000 next year and both teams took money for less tix.  That’s what they told me their AD emailed them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, topher805 said:

The nosebleeds seats for away fans and the band is an every home game thing. The LSU fans are acting like Texas did that just for them. No , every visiting team and their fans sits there. To that I say sorry bout ya. You're the away team, you aren't supposed to be comfortable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

After talking to my friends that are season tix holders for LSU it was agreed upon by both schools.  Texas will get 3,000 next year and both teams took money for less tix.  That’s what they told me their AD emailed them.

Makes sense. Texas getting drug by a few publications now, but if it was agreed upon, then no reason for LSU to complain

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The nosebleeds seats for away fans and the band is an every home game thing. The LSU fans are acting like Texas did that just for them. No , every visiting team and their fans sits there. To that I say sorry bout ya. You're the away team, you aren't supposed to be comfortable.

I knew nosebleeds were normal for away fans, but didn't know that was something done for the bands. Not exactly sure I agree with it, but I don't make those policies, and like you said, they are the away team and aren't supposed to be comfortable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I knew nosebleeds were normal for away fans, but didn't know that was something done for the bands. Not exactly sure I agree with it, but I don't make those policies, and like you said, they are the away team and aren't supposed to be comfortable. 

The band seating was questionable for me as well, but the problem they were having is the UT students were being seated up in those nosebleeds, which didn't give them an incentive to show up for games. So when Del Conte came in, they changed the seating arrangements. Students now have their own section that is first come first serve. 

5 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I'd feel more sorry for the LSU band if they hadn't played the obnoxious same two notes throughout the 4th quarter and 7 OTs last year. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I'd feel more sorry for the LSU band if they hadn't played the obnoxious same two notes throughout the 4th quarter and 7 OTs last year. 

haha their first down song and TD song was abundant in those OTs...  Play defense, then you wouldn't have to hear them :lol:  

14 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

haha their first down song and TD song was abundant in those OTs...  Play defense, then you wouldn't have to hear them :lol:  

That's how I feel about OU's band playing Boomer Sooner. And it's not just first downs and touchdowns either. I legit think that's the only song they know how to play. Am I right @AKA ?

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, TxFight said:

My 2 cents...

Offensively...to be a great offense, you can't leave points on the field. When plays are there to be made, you have to make them. As great as the O was, it could've been better.

Defensively...I am hoping that this was an LSU coming out party on offense, and not a sign of things to come for the defense in big 12 play. LSU really pushed the tempo in the 2nd half and kept their foot down and Texas couldn't get off the field. I was most disappointed on the 3rd down call that ended the game. Yes you look great IF you get home and get a sack right there...but you look like a fool if you don't. My personal preference in that situation is to cover the heck out of the 1st down sticks, force a short throw and rally to the ball to tackle and force the punt. Just think that was a bit too much hero ball of a call considering how poorly man coverage had worked to that point.

Coaching...The turning point in the game is when it went from 10-7 to 20-7 with less than a minute running off the clock late in the 1st half. Get a 1st down and then go faster to try to score. Don't use 15 seconds and kick it away and give them a short field. I personally don't disagree with going for it on 4th down and goal twice like they did in the 1st half. LSU would've had to go 99 to score. Another head scratcher for me was the drive that ended up with the punt for a touchback with 6ish minutes left in the half. Had a 3rd and 4, and were in 4 down territory. You've got 2 plays to get 4 yards and keep scoring opportunity alive. Instead, a sack on 3rd down and a touchback punt completely kill the momentum and set up the last 2 scores of the half for LSU. 

All in all, Texas offense showed that they should be in every ball game with their ability to score. IF the defense comes along, UT has a great chance to win the remaining games on the schedule and find themselves back in the big 12 title game with a playoff spot still in play. IF the defense does not grow up in a hurry, Texas is going to lose 1-2 at minimum in the conference and find themselves at best as the 2 seed in the big 12 title game. 

Oklahoma State game worries me the most.  

Anything can happen against OU.

I don't think the rest of the offenses are that scary.  Baylor could be sneaky.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Yes and I love that Texas puts opposing teams in the upper deck. Why should the home team give good seats to the away team? 

Texas doesn't owe LSU fans anything. Just like I expect Texas fans to have crappy seats in BR. 

16 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

That's how I feel about OU's band playing Boomer Sooner. And it's not just first downs and touchdowns either. I legit think that's the only song they know how to play. Am I right @AKA ?

Don't cha just hate it when the band plays "Boomer Sooner" after every touchdown, first down, tackle for a loss, or just about any decent play? 

That's the point.  :woot: