Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

5 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yes and I love that Texas puts opposing teams in the upper deck. Why should the home team give good seats to the away team? 

Texas doesn't owe LSU fans anything. Just like I expect Texas fans to have crappy seats in BR. 

Yeah, don't have a dog in this hunt, but I gotta agree with this. UT has every right to ensure as much home field advantage as possible. Just as LSU will be able to do so in their next meeting. This kind of "gamesmanship" is one of many reasons I prefer college to the pro game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

haha their first down song and TD song was abundant in those OTs...  Play defense, then you wouldn't have to hear them :lol:  

We played defense on your last 2 point attempt. 

Wish your defense would've done the same?

Besides, it was when we were on offense that the band kept playing. You know, the "song" (more like a siren or just loud noise) that got ridiculed by everyone? 

There were plenty of Tiger fans at the stadium. I suspect some of the seating arrangements have to do with the loss of seating in the south end zone. Ticket holders on the east side had to be relocated to accommodate the student body. Probably didn’t want to move season ticket holders previously in the lower deck to the upper deck. Hopefully a section in the lower south end zone can be carved out for visiting band and fans. I did feel for the tuba player that had to carry their instrument up there.

On 9/8/2019 at 6:48 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Denton Ryan athlete Ja’Tavion Sanders has committed to Texas. Sanders attended the game last night.

Surprised this isn't getting more attention.  He has 5* #1 athlete in the country type film.  Elite pass rushing and a stud at WR as well.

9 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Surprised this isn't getting more attention.  He has 5* #1 athlete in the country type film.  Elite pass rushing and a stud at WR as well.

His commitment was kinda under the radar because he didn’t do a video or commitment via social media. But you’re right he is a total stud. I hope it doesn’t hurt our chances with Clayton Smith. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

We played defense on your last 2 point attempt. 

Wish your defense would've done the same?

Besides, it was when we were on offense that the band kept playing. You know, the "song" (more like a siren or just loud noise) that got ridiculed by everyone? 

Oh yeah... I remember that haha.  Smart band director, but certainly annoying 

11 hours ago, topher805 said:

Wouldn't expect the warmest of welcomes...I'm hearing of some gripes from the LSU side about their experience...Players parents being seated in the nosebleeds along with the band. LSU was allotted only 3,000 tickets for the game. 

Go to a TCU game as a parent or school ticket you will sit where LSU'S band sat.... 

30 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

I had to come to smoaky cause I shouldn't take anymore stupidity... lol! Twitter maybe worse than facebook

I am sure that you have probably read some of the Tweets that CDC receives from Texas fans. There are some really entitled, whiney, clueless people in this world. CDC is a saint to show the restraint that he does with some of the asinine request, complaints and ideas.

• Like 1

Now that LSU @ UT has been played there have been quite a few LSU guys come out and show respect to Texas as a team and Sam Ehlinger as a QB not just a running QB.

Chaisson talked noise a lot leading up to the game and to his credit postgame has publicly complimented Ehlinger and Texas and said he was wrong about Ehlinger’s talents as a passer.

I think LSU and Texas each gained a lot of respect for one another on Saturday night.

GREAT GAME!

I’d love to go to Baton Rouge next year!!!!!!!!!!

🤘🏻

13 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Now that LSU @ UT has been played there have been quite a few LSU guys come out and show respect to Texas as a team and Sam Ehlinger as a QB not just a running QB.

Chaisson talked noise a lot leading up to the game and to his credit postgame has publicly complimented Ehlinger and Texas and said he was wrong about Ehlinger’s talents as a passer.

I think LSU and Texas each gained a lot of respect for one another on Saturday night.

GREAT GAME!

I’d love to go to Baton Rouge next year!!!!!!!!!!

🤘🏻

Tailgating like no other!  If you go, stop by Mike’s habitat, it’s way nicer than most zoos

LSU fans got a hold of Sam Ehlinger’s phone and sent over 2,000 racist and homophobic text messages. And Texas’ strength and conditioning coach Yancy McKnight received a voicemail from a fan threatening to kill his entire family. 

But you put our band in the nosebleeds!! 

Are people seriously believing Ed O on the whole AC thing? 

If we are to believe him, that means they sat in the locker room probably 3-4 hours prior to the game and didn’t have his SID or anyone find a Texas staffer to find out what was up. 

We also have to believe that it’s true and not one player or staff member said anything to the media or on social media. 

We also have to believe a well respected AD is just completely lying about it. 

• Like 1