Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

La Techs coach Holtz was quoted refuting talking to LSU officials about this. 

Coach O is blaming Texas stadium staff for his players not being properly conditioned and hydrated. Everyone that would have some kind of knowledge about it has called BS. So I’ll say coach O is lying without any glasses on. 

LSU players must have been dehydrated. That's the only reason I can think of them wandering over to the Texas sideline to take Gatorade pregame...😂

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Agreed. On #4, give me Colt McCoy but you can't go wrong with Sam. #5 , I cant go with you on Ingram. I know he's an East Texas kid but dont see the jump in improvement from last year to this year. #2 should get a closer look at the starting RB spot. Speaking of RB, its been a while since Texas has had a difference maker. Where have the Ricky Williams, Cedric Bensons, Priest Holmes, etc. Gone?

They got lost when we went primarily spread offense. That's why we lose a lot of RB recruits in my opinion. I don't know if y'all remember Soso Jamabo. He went to UCLA because they were a pro-style offense. Look at Georgia. LSU ran the same offense, the pulled some great RBs as well. The last 5 star RB recruit we had was Jonathan Gray I believe. He stayed injured however, which may also play into the spread offense issues. Probably a lot easier to stay healthy in a Pro-Style offense when you almost always have a FB and blocking tight end. 

Ingram is definitely bigger than last year. We're only 2 games in. I'll give it some more time.

Roschon Johnson did great at RB, but I don't want him there. He's supposed to be our future QB man. Just think, a player that's selfless enough to go to the coaches and say "I'll fill in the gap at RB." Just imagine him at the helm of your offense. I don't want to see him get hurt and ruin his chances. 

Edit: Don't get me wrong Eagle, I loved me some Colt McCoy. 1 of only 2 UT jerseys I actually own (VY being the other). But Sam is right there with him as far as how much I enjoy watching them play. Sam may not end up as good as Colt was, but I WANT him to be. The boy just has the story going his way. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

They got lost when we went primarily spread offense. That's why we lose a lot of RB recruits in my opinion. I don't know if y'all remember Soso Jamabo. He went to UCLA because they were a pro-style offense. Look at Georgia. LSU ran the same offense, the pulled some great RBs as well. The last 5 star RB recruit we had was Jonathan Gray I believe. He stayed injured however, which may also play into the spread offense issues. Probably a lot easier to stay healthy in a Pro-Style offense when you almost always have a FB and blocking tight end. 

Ingram is definitely bigger than last year. We're only 2 games in. I'll give it some more time.

Roschon Johnson did great at RB, but I don't want him there. He's supposed to be our future QB man. Just think, a player that's selfless enough to go to the coaches and say "I'll fill in the gap at RB." Just imagine him at the helm of your offense. I don't want to see him get hurt and ruin his chances. 

Edit: Don't get me wrong Eagle, I loved me some Colt McCoy. 1 of only 2 UT jerseys I actually own (VY being the other). But Sam is right there with him as far as how much I enjoy watching them play. Sam may not end up as good as Colt was, but I WANT him to be. The boy just has the story going his way. 

I don’t think he’ll ever play QB for Texas. Obviously this is a look way into the future but I believe Sam will be back next year. After that we’ll get 1 year of Thompson and then a battle between Card and Milroe. Of course that’s me thinking JQJ from Duncanville will play something other than QB. I may be wrong but they spent the spring camp this past year completely overhauling Roschon throwing motion. I just think he’s going to be so far behind the other QBs coming in. 

26 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I don’t think he’ll ever play QB for Texas. Obviously this is a look way into the future but I believe Sam will be back next year. After that we’ll get 1 year of Thompson and then a battle between Card and Milroe. Of course that’s me thinking JQJ from Duncanville will play something other than QB. I may be wrong but they spent the spring camp this past year completely overhauling Roschon throwing motion. I just think he’s going to be so far behind the other QBs coming in. 

He looked so good at RB though...  Almost looked natural.

• Like 1

Agreed.  JQJ, Milroe, nor Thompson will start before card. 

You may be right. If anything, he will be a very viable option for running Wildcat formations and so forth. 

I'm with you though with Sam. Honestly, I feel like Sam loves it too much to leave. I think he'll spend every year there he can.

I haven't seen Hudson Card throw yet. I should probably go watch some videos. He's probably a 5 star recruit for a reason.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I wonder if no AC was the reason for all the cramping that LSU experienced?  😂

That's especially rough, since we know LSU likes to waste Gatorade. 

It was just the defensive players they must have made them stand outside w/o water at halftime. We know coach o would never bend the rules like the other saint of la huey p long... i know it hasn't been on smoaky but if lsu fans whine this much after a win what hell do they do after a loss.... 

So after further looking into it, Texas associate director of facilities and operations reported that the temperature in the LSU locker room was 68 degrees before the game, and 74 degrees after. 

La Tech AD Tommy McClelland also reached out to Chris Del Conte to inform him that no one from LSU ever reached out to he, or Skip Hultz, about any AC issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

So after further looking into it, Texas associate director of facilities and operations reported that the temperature in the LSU locker room was 68 degrees before the game, and 74 degrees after. 

La Tech AD Tommy McClelland also reached out to Chris Del Conte to inform him that no one from LSU ever reached out to he, or Skip Hultz, about any AC issues. 

Coach O needed an excuse for his teams either lack of conditioning/hydration or his teams diving tactics to slowing down the Texas offense. 

He lied plain and simple. 

• Like 2

To you people making a big deal about a UT fan throwing liquid. I agree that shouldn't happen, but about 20 or so years ago I was at a LSU/Tulane game in Baton Rouge. The Tulane flag runner was bold enough to run the flag around the entire stadium during the game. When he got to the LSU side, there was a wave of trash being thrown from probably the bottom 20 rows or so at the flag runner as he ran around the entire LSU side (about 3/4ths of the stadium). I don't know how much of it actually hit the flag runner, but I'm sure the bottom couple of rows of LSU fans were completely covered in beer, nachos, popcorn, etc. I felt really bad for them, and the people that had to clean it up off the sidelines after the game. 

7 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I heard a funny quote today.  “Do you think Ed O was so hyped up in his fat body that 72 degrees felt like 85?” :lol: 

• LOL! 1

13 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Coach O needed an excuse for his teams either lack of conditioning/hydration or his teams diving tactics to slowing down the Texas offense. 

He lied plain and simple. 

Wouldn't surprise me after Kragthorpe lied last year after we beat them. 

Wonder why they do that? Like things are easily debunked now with video and whatnot everywhere.