Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

31 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

That’s right, and they have run Ingram left on that delayed run over and over again not giving him much chance of success at all. 

Johnson gets more natural off tackle downhill rushing attempts where the line blows off the ball. Why don’t they do the same with Ingram?

It’s frustrating.

Ingram is beat out. Accept it

Liked seeing the defense get some turnovers.  Still need to sure up the tackling.  Front three gets little pressure against pass but is good against the run.   

Its nice when your qb doesn’t have his best day and it’s still good enough to get a win on the road.  I admit, I thought Texas would handle wvu handily.  They’ve came a long way since I saw them against Missouri.  They looked awful that day.  They’re not a great team, but good enough to knock of somebody better than them this year.  Glad it wasn’t this week.

52 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Ingram is beat out. Accept it

Was great last week, had a stinger today, but he’s beat out..

They don’t give Ingram the same play/blocking schemes they do Johnson. Johnson’s plays the line is attacking the DL rather than doing this zone blocking bull. 

Texas has played back to back B games and still won. It’s been a long time since that’s happened. Obviously you rather see the Horns come in and put WVU away early and out talent them but it’s a 2 score win on the road. 

Texas will need to bring their A game from the get go in the cotton bowl and I’ll bet they do. 

5 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas has played back to back B games and still won. It’s been a long time since that’s happened. Obviously you rather see the Horns come in and put WVU away early and out talent them but it’s a 2 score win on the road. 

Texas will need to bring their A game from the get go in the cotton bowl and I’ll bet they do. 

Agreed 

• Like 1

I don’t think Johnson’s performance has beaten Ingram out of his spot either.  He has a different skill set and I agree that the play calls seem to be different when either is in the game.  Ingram has more patience and the counter blocking  and trap type plays work better when he’s in there.  Johnson is a head of steam type back and he does hit the hole.  I’d say Ingram still is more likely to go the distance at any type.  Having two good backs to argue over is a nice problem to have

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I don’t think Johnson’s performance has beaten Ingram out of his spot either.  He has a different skill set and I agree that the play calls seem to be different when either is in the game.  Ingram has more patience and the counter blocking  and trap type plays work better when he’s in there.  Johnson is a head of steam type back and he does hit the hole.  I’d say Ingram still is more likely to go the distance at any type.  Having two good backs to argue over is a nice problem to have

When Whittington comes back, might see a few 2 back sets from a choice of the three - him, Ingram, and Johnson. Haven’t had enough healthy RB’s so far this year to do that much. 

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I agree with that, I just wish they’d give some of those Johnson type full steam ahead runs to Ingram too, which he had a lot of at Carthage that made UT want him on the team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I agree with that, I just wish they’d give some of those Johnson type full steam ahead runs to Ingram too, which he had a lot of at Carthage that made UT want him on the team.

I think him not being 100% is a reason you don’t see that. I still believe we haven’t seen a fully healthy Ingram. And that says a lot because he is still so good 

Just not sure of the Horns playing with only 3 downlineman on D with their secondary hurting anyway.  Maybe they can show up next week and surprise Okie with a different alignment.  Of course next week they will face a running threat with Hurts at QB, so maybe they need to stay with only 3 down in that game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Texas is literally WVU’s super bowl 

This is the truth. I was at the game tonight in Morgantown and I swear that I saw Horns Down more than you would see Horns Up at a Texas home game!!!!

t-shirts, flags, if it had a longhorn on it it was upside down!!!

9 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

This is the truth. I was at the game tonight in Morgantown and I swear that I saw Horns Down more than you would see Horns Up at a Texas home game!!!!

That’s why folks call them mountain aggy

• LOL! 2

54 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

44 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

That’s why folks call them mountain aggy

I think they might be worse than aggies. WVU’s obsession is unreal