Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

12 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Just not sure of the Horns playing with only 3 downlineman on D with their secondary hurting anyway.  Maybe they can show up next week and surprise Okie with a different alignment.  Of course next week they will face a running threat with Hurts at QB, so maybe they need to stay with only 3 down in that game.

More pass rush would give opposing qb less time to stand around and survey.  That’s been an issue so far.  To me it’s the reason our pass d is horrible statistically.  This defense isn’t as bad as the numbers say.  Very few small fixes would push them over the hump.  I’d go with Roach and graham as rush ends.  Then sweat, coburn and ojomo rotation in middle.  Work in Wilbon too.  I’d rotate LB.  I’d have my 5 best dbs on field.  I think QBs having to get rid of ball a half second quicker is the key to this defense getting better.  Go back and watch the last two games.  Those QBs had all day.  Dbs can’t cover like that

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’d go with Roach and graham as rush ends.  Then sweat, coburn and ojomo rotation in middle.  Work in Wilbon too. 

Ossai should be rushing.

I get the feeling Wilbon is red shirting and will grad transfer.  Sweat and Ojomo have passed him up.

Texas went to a 4-man front late in the game, but it was all backups.  Hopefully landing guys like Vernon Broughton, Ja'Tavion Sanders and possibly guys like Landon Jackson and Jordon Thomas will lead to more pass rushing in the future.

17 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Ossai should be rushing.

I get the feeling Wilbon is red shirting and will grad transfer.  Sweat and Ojomo have passed him up.

Texas went to a 4-man front late in the game, but it was all backups.  Hopefully landing guys like Vernon Broughton, Ja'Tavion Sanders and possibly guys like Landon Jackson and Jordon Thomas will lead to more pass rushing in the future.

We need a 4th DL, not a 240LB linebacker trying to be a DE.  Ossai is a good OLB, but not a rush end.  We need 4 DL for their 5 OL to worry with.  

Wilbon can help this team.  He should be playing.  It’s not Texas’ place to worry about him a landing place.  If he wants out, go now.  He can play 15-20 good snaps and be productive.  

Ive seen 4 of the 5 games and the pass defense is horrible because lack of pressure from the front.  It puts pressure on the backend by causing them to cover for 7-8 seconds while wr adjust and come back.  That’s tough for the best of dbs to do.  Or they’re getting left on an island when Orlando blitzes the house and leaves the middle open.  It’s very obvious what needs to be done.  The offensive staff is toting this team.  It’s time Orlando and company adjust and make the team better

Welcome to hate week ladies and gentleman!

This is my favorite week of the year. There’s no time for doubt, Texas is coming to Dallas to punch sooners in the mouth. Bring the confidence Horns fans and leave negative sissy takes for your favorite NFL or high school team. This is the week to completely disregard the teams  deficiencies and focus all talk on hate for the other squad. 

HookEm 

16 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Was great last week, had a stinger today, but he’s beat out..

They don’t give Ingram the same play/blocking schemes they do Johnson. Johnson’s plays the line is attacking the DL rather than doing this zone blocking bull. 

I think he's beat out as the feature back. Doesn't mean he wont get plenty of playing time.

wonder if they have tried to put too much weight on ingram trying to make him something he is not.  ellinger not finding him passing out of backfield where he is in space which is where he is best.  he is being misused in my opinion.  rarely has anywhere to run.  herman so far is a b+ coach.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

5 minutes ago, house said:

wonder if they have tried to put too much weight on ingram trying to make him something he is not.  ellinger not finding him passing out of backfield where he is in space which is where he is best.  he is being misused in my opinion.  rarely has anywhere to run.  herman so far is a b+ coach.  

I agree with both of these. Seems when they run Ingram it’s always directly into the teeth of the defense off center and center stunk yesterday. 

How people don’t easily see this is strange to me. They run power and explosion with Johnson and run these delays with Ingram. 

11 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

You guys realize Ingram went out early in the game injured and probably wasn't the same when he came back right?

He's still leading the team in rushing at almost 5 yard per carry.

He was injured blocking; His job is Running, not blocking.

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

33 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Exactly my point.

Some of you Carthage boys have set your expectations way to high for Ingram. He was a great small school high school RB. You're acting like he's Earl Campbell or Ricky Williams. He's a solid College RB that may have a chance to get drafted. I trust Herman and the offensive staff to get the best out of him. He's only a Sophomore and will continue to get better. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eagle34 said:

Some of you Carthage boys have set your expectations way to high for Ingram. He was a great small school high school RB. You're acting like he's Earl Campbell or Ricky Williams. He's a solid College RB that may have a chance to get drafted. I trust Herman and the offensive staff to get the best out of him. He's only a Sophomore and will continue to get better. 

Actually, us “Carthage boys” have seen our fair share of talented players come through our school & Know talent when we see it. 

Yes, Keyontay Will only get better as long as he stays healthy. He will Also shine when he is utilized to his maximum potential.

8 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

exactly what we are saying.  we know he isn't either of those running backs.  putting a bunch of weight on him won't make him one.  he needs to be able to use his natural agility.  and texas hasn't had the o-line and coaching in my opinion to have a "feature running back" of any kind.  i know he is still young and improving but i am also concerned about what they are doing with him.  surely they didn't recruit him to be a bruising up the gut runner.  

3 minutes ago, house said:

exactly what we are saying.  we know he isn't either of those running backs.  putting a bunch of weight on him won't make him one.  he needs to be able to use his natural agility.  and texas hasn't had the o-line and coaching in my opinion to have a "feature running back" of any kind.  i know he is still young and improving but i am also concerned about what they are doing with him.  surely they didn't recruit him to be a bruising up the gut runner.  

He's been a little banged up. Hopefully he gets healthy and finishes the season strong. UT needs a strong running threat besides Ehlinger. 

27 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I hear you.