Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

5 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I sure hope so. Waiting on him to break one and flash that speed I've been hearing about. I hope its coming next Saturday in the Cotton bowl!!

He isn't slow, but he isn't a burner either...……….I would say average speed for a Division 1 TB...………...That is fast compared to most real world people. lol

8 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Welcome to hate week ladies and gentleman!

This is my favorite week of the year. There’s no time for doubt, Texas is coming to Dallas to punch sooners in the mouth. Bring the confidence Horns fans and leave negative sissy takes for your favorite NFL or high school team. This is the week to completely disregard the teams  deficiencies and focus all talk on hate for the other squad. 

HookEm 

OU hasn’t been tested yet.  Kansas ran the ball on them and had a little success in the passing game.  Ou’s defense is their worst unit.  Their offense is nowhere near as potent with hurts.  They’re still a good team but I think this game could go either way

Hopefully that was Sam's "bad game." He made a few uncharacteristic decisions. Not sure if he was forcing or what.

I'm anxious to see if Texas comes in and throat punches OU. They've yet to play a team even comparable to Texas, on top of the fact Texas is going to play with that next level energy against OU. I'm super excited to go..

• Like 1

I honestly feel like Texas hasn't overexerted themselves but in 1 game this season. Seems like they've been cruising along. Nobody really talking about them, not putting up ridiculous numbers, but doing enough. I look for them to come out Saturday and really show what they can do. I feel like they've been saving Sam for this game as well. 

• Like 1

I think Collin Johnson could have played the past 2 weeks. I expect him to have a big day Saturday. I don' think the OU defense is good enough to contain both Johnson and Duvernay. 

Texas will be the best team OU has faced all year by a long shot. They've been playing cupcake games the past 6 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they get hit in the mouth early.

28 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

OU needed the Big12 refs to help hold Kansas to 20pts

I agree. The early penalties were ridiculous. They missed a blatant pass interference, and the late hit was ridiculous. They hadn't even blown the whistle, because he was still in bounds. I mean, let's be honest - Jalen Hurts is a big nasty dude. He's staying in bounds and getting as many yards as he can. 

I'm not sure Texas has enough defense to win this game. Coming into the season, replacing 8 defensive starters, I expected the first game or two to have some bumps. However, I also fully expected the defense to be even better than last year, by this point in the season. I truly thought the talent that was taking over was better than that it was replacing. Now, I don't know if the talent isn't as good as I thought it was, or if it's simply been a case of one injury after another, but either way, the defense hasn't been able to anyone from scoring. 

I think this will be a high scoring game. I just hope Texas comes out with the higher score. 

14 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

True I seen some games where the obvious better team ( usually Oklahoma ) lost. Anything goes . 

The years where it was supposed to be competitive is the times where Oklahoma has beat the ugly off of Texas. 

When Oklahoma is the heavy favorite then Texas usually plays up.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I agree. The early penalties were ridiculous. They missed a blatant pass interference, and the late hit was ridiculous. They hadn't even blown the whistle, because he was still in bounds. I mean, let's be honest - Jalen Hurts is a big nasty dude. He's staying in bounds and getting as many yards as he can. 

Just be glad your kicker wasn’t ejected for targeting.

• LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I think Collin Johnson could have played the past 2 weeks. I expect him to have a big day Saturday. I don' think the OU defense is good enough to contain both Johnson and Duvernay. 

Texas will be the best team OU has faced all year by a long shot. They've been playing cupcake games the past 6 weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if they get hit in the mouth early.

Let's not forget Jake Smith either. That kid has been special for a freshman. Honestly, we've had some receivers really step up lately. I think Brennan Eagles is the most legit deep threat we have. He's not always open, but when he is, he's wide open lol. Epps has been good as well. Also... J-WHITT listed as "UNKNOWN" for Saturday... 👀👀👀👀

11 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I'm not sure Texas has enough defense to win this game. Coming into the season, replacing 8 defensive starters, I expected the first game or two to have some bumps. However, I also fully expected the defense to be even better than last year, by this point in the season. I truly thought the talent that was taking over was better than that it was replacing. Now, I don't know if the talent isn't as good as I thought it was, or if it's simply been a case of one injury after another, but either way, the defense hasn't been able to anyone from scoring. 

I think this will be a high scoring game. I just hope Texas comes out with the higher score. 

Besides LSU, the defense has been pretty stellar considering the injuries imo. They've been good against the run, but I do think the secondary has been shaky. 

10 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Let's not forget Jake Smith either. That kid has been special for a freshman. Honestly, we've had some receivers really step up lately. I think Brennan Eagles is the most legit deep threat we have. He's not always open, but when he is, he's wide open lol. Epps has been good as well. Also... J-WHITT listed as "UNKNOWN" for Saturday... 👀👀👀👀

When the offense is fully healthy, they can beat just about anyone. The wide receiver group is the least of my worries. The only thing about the offense that is worrisome for me is the RB's. But if Whittington is healthy and Roschon keeps playing like he has been (and we already know how good Ingram is), watch out.