Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

59 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ll say this.  West Virginia was more physical if front on defense this year than in years past.  Their DL was salty.

Agreed and they also do a lot of stunting and slanting. They wore down as the game went on and that’s when RoJo got the bulk of his yards. 

48 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

Read that OU could be without both starting OTs this week. 

Huge development. Texas is already pretty solid vs the run, if they can get consistent pressure on Hurts on passing downs too it could be a good day for the Horns. 

On 10/7/2019 at 1:28 PM, Champ1000 said:

What is the line? I assume ou is the favorite. I always wanted to go to this game. The atmosphere is probably very good despite not playing home/home. Have they ever played in home/home? I wonder how it got started at a neutral site? 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I looked it up after posting. I love the hit. I think this rule is dumb. But I that was blatantly a targeting type hit and I thought it was missed. 

I agree. It gets a little extravagant when the  player is literally running directly at him. Y'all remember Zeke getting a targeting penalty, last year I believe, as a runner? 🙄

18 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I looked it up after posting. I love the hit. I think this rule is dumb. But I that was blatantly a targeting type hit and I thought it was missed. 

Gotta hand it to you WETSU, you are consistent, lol

Before knowing he was ejected, "the rule is the rule"

After knowing he was ejected, "This rule is dumb"

😂

41 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Not that I’m against this hit, but how is foster still in the game? That was launching at the head/neck area....The rule is the rule. 

that still, to me, looked like more forearm and upper body strength than anything ...  but football is trying to take all the violence out of a violent sport.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Gotta hand it to you WETSU, you are consistent, lol

Before knowing he was ejected, "the rule is the rule"

After knowing he was ejected, "This rule is dumb"

😂

The rule can be the rule and be dumb at the same time. Don’t turn into the tool that DB is..,

• LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

that still, to me, looked like more forearm and upper body strength than anything ...  but football is trying to take all the violence out of a violent sport.

I think it’s more of that it was a high hit. You can’t square up a guy like that anymore. Which I agree is just taking away from the game.