Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

Just now, regaleagle said:

I think Texas did pretty good on offense despite not having as many opportunities as Okie.  They did put together some crucial drives when asked to......but the Texas D remains problematic.

The defense was not the problem today. The offensive line got whipped up front and that was the difference in this game. 

Just now, regaleagle said:

I think Texas did pretty good on offense despite not having as many opportunities as Okie.  They did put together some crucial drives when asked to......but the Texas D remains problematic.

Agreed, UT offense did get it together enough to win in the end. The defense just got tired in the end.

I don't care what level football you're playing, if you keep giving up leverage outside (D Gap), you're going to have a hard time winning. Texas wants to do it with their OLB and DBs. That's fine, but those guys keep running to get hands on the blocker and get hook blocked almost every time. Same goes for DLine stunts. If your moving outside, you've got to keep contain. We didn't do it, OU did it perfectly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

But not nearly as problematic as their offense.

I did not see a stellar Texas D on the field today.  The offense can only score on maybe 50% of their possessions IF they are playing a lesser competition.  They put up 27  today against a very good team and that was not enough.  I don't know what you expect to see out of the Horns offense against a team like OU has.