Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

5 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Baylor has a pretty good QB and Mims can play on sundays but they aren’t winning games on talent. Rhule is a heck of a coach. 
Side note I saw they lost their starting MLB Saturday that’s a tough blow. 

I don't think they win last Saturday if the officials didn't have their heads straight up their butts. Called a snap infraction on the center in OT that was clearly a fumble recovered by Tech. The call could't be reviewed because calling it a snap infraction made it a dead ball foul - which can't be reviewed. If had been called a fumble, it could have been reviewed and concluded as so. Big XII officials already stated they screwed that call up. 

And yeah... Rhule has a good head on him. He knows football and how to get the most from his players.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I don't think they win last Saturday if the officials didn't have their heads straight up their butts. Called a snap infraction on the center in OT that was clearly a fumble recovered by Tech. The call could't be reviewed because calling it a snap infraction made it a dead ball foul - which can't be reviewed. If had been called a fumble, it could have been reviewed and concluded as so. Big XII officials already stated they screwed that call up. 

And yeah... Rhule has a good head on him. He knows football and how to get the most from his players.

I saw headlines about this but didn’t read into it. Thanks for sharing. 

I like Rhule but I think he’s gone to the right NFL situation pretty soon. 

54 minutes ago, topher805 said:

You have a pretty stacked list with Riley, Rhule, Patterson, Coleman, Herman, Gundy, Miles, and Klieman. Wells has looked good the last couple of weeks. Brown is the only coach that seems to be out of his league so far.

I do think the big 12 might be the deepest conference in terms of quality coaches. Especially good at getting the most from their players. Overall the big 12 doesn’t recruit very well outside of ou and Texas, yet they have some decent teams consider  What they are working with talent wise. Guys like Rhule, Gundy, Patterson and Campbell are doing exceptional jobs with the “talent” they get on campus. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

They’ll put both LSU and Bama in the playoffs

It'll be tough to leave out an undefeated team for a 1 loss SEC team though.

1. Bama

2. LSU

3. Ohio State 

T-4. Clemson/OU

Bama and LSU have to play each other. Let's say Clemson, OU, and Ohio State all win out. Do you leave out Clemson for a 1-loss Bama or LSU?

11 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

It'll be tough to leave out an undefeated team for a 1 loss SEC team though.

1. Bama

2. LSU

3. Ohio State 

T-4. Clemson/OU

Bama and LSU have to play each other. Let's say Clemson, OU, and Ohio State all win out. Do you leave out Clemson for a 1-loss Bama or LSU?

Sorry, but a 1- loss LSU or Bama doesn’t need in over undefeated Clemson or OU.  But don’t think the pumpers wont be pushing it

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

This. Losing Montgomery and the WR (his name escapes me) was much bigger than what anyone realized. At Baylor will be the biggest test remaining but that doesn’t mean TCU, Tech, or Iowa St won’t be close games. 

That’s exactly the way I felt about ISU is those two players were huge for them.

15 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Sorry, but a 1- loss LSU or Bama doesn’t need in over undefeated Clemson or OU.  But don’t think the pumpers wont be pushing it

12 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

If Clemson, OU, and Ohio State all win out, they're in the playoff. 

That's what I'm saying. Doesn't the 2nd place SEC team play the 2nd place Big 12 team in the Sugar Bowl? So in this case it would be either Bama or LSU, right?

23 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

That's what I'm saying. Doesn't the 2nd place SEC team play the 2nd place Big 12 team in the Sugar Bowl? So in this case it would be either Bama or LSU, right?

The Sugar Bowl is B12 vs SEC. If the champion from either conference doesn't make the CFP, then the conference champion goes there. Otherwise, it's the 2nd place team.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Loser of sec championship should be considered second place.  Georgia was last year

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

26 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Do the bowls get any wiggle room still?

I’m sure the Sugar Bowl would want LSU if that’s an option.

I think it depends on the bowl. The Sugar Bowl is B12 vs SEC, regardless. So if 2 teams from either conference were to make the CFP, then the 3rd team from that conference would make it. That also means, you could have the 3rd place team from one, playing the 1st place team from the other. 

Texas released the depth chart for Kansas. Keaontay Ingram is still listed as the starter at RB. 

I'm just curious what else Roschon needs to do; unless Texas is still planning to move him back to QB in the future? From what I've seen, especially the last couple weeks, he's more explosive, cuts better, runs harder, and is faster. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Texas released the depth chart for Kansas. Keaontay Ingram is still listed as the starter at RB. 

I'm just curious what else Roschon needs to do; unless Texas is still planning to move him back to QB in the future? From what I've seen, especially the last couple weeks, he's more explosive, cuts better, runs harder, and is faster. 

As a Sooner, obviously I'm biased, but I can say that (going into the RRS) I was never concerned with Ingram as a threat... 

My concerns were two things:
1.) the physical mismatch between your tall WRs and our short DBs.
2.) the capability of Roschon Johnson to take a routine draw play into a big run.

Ingram was a non-factor in last year's RRS and was invisible the following December. But hey, keep doing what you're doing. Honestly, I hope Ingram is the featured back in the Big XII game. I like our chances in that situation. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I've heard on more than 1 occasion on broadcasts, that Johnson is saying he is going back to QB as soon as the year is over...although Saturday that narrative changed to "im a running back right now"

34 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Ingram has proven to be mentally weak. As the coach you have to determine if ink on a printed depth chart is worth him checking out. RoJo is getting starter snaps so does the ink really matter? Will it help or hurt RoJo if his name is listed first on the chart? We know it’s going to hurt Ingram if he is replaced as starter by RoJo. 

I totally agree with what  @AKA said, nothing about Ingram is scary right now. I’m not sure what he needs to do to change that. 

Me personally, I’d give Kirk Johnson more snaps, he’s explosive and HAD homerun threat speed. I’d like to see if he still does. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Ingram has proven to be mentally weak. As the coach you have to determine if ink on a printed depth chart is worth him checking out. RoJo is getting starter snaps so does the ink really matter? Will it help or hurt RoJo if his name is listed first on the chart? We know it’s going to hurt Ingram if he is replaced as starter by RoJo. 

I totally agree with what  @AKA said, nothing about Ingram is scary right now. I’m not sure what he needs to do to change that. 

Me personally, I’d give Kirk Johnson more snaps, he’s explosive and HAD homerun threat speed. I’d like to see if he still does. 

RJ avg'd over 11 ypc on Saturday, yet was only given 8 carries. I understand he had a 57 yard run that went into that avg, but that run is also why opponents would rather see Ingram than RJ...because only one of them seems to be capable of doing that. 

As for how it would make Ingram feel if he's replaced, I have two thoughts...

1) What if it also pushes him harder?

2) I'm not worried about his feelings anyway, lol. The goal is to put the best player on the field, not worry with hurt feelings. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, AKA said:

As a Sooner, obviously I'm biased, but I can say that (going into the RRS) I was never concerned with Ingram as a threat... 

My concerns were two things:
1.) the physical mismatch between your tall WRs and our short DBs.
2.) the capability of Roschon Johnson to take a routine draw play into a big run.

Ingram was a non-factor in last year's RRS and was invisible the following December. But hey, keep doing what you're doing. Honestly, I hope Ingram is the featured back in the Big XII game. I like our chances in that situation. 

Ingram has a decent day in Dallas last year

13 carries, 86 yds, 6.6 avg, 31 yd long

he was dinged up late, they ride Trey watson

• Stinks 1

Just now, DB2point0 said:

Ingram has a decent day in Dallas last year

Decent, sure, but "decent" against one of the worst defenses in college football should not be UT's standard.

Plus, again, he was irrelevant in the conference championship game.

But hey, don't listen to me. Give him 20-30 carries a game. Fine by me.  ;) 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Just now, AKA said:

Decent, sure, but "decent" against one of the worst defenses in college football should not be UT's standard.

Plus, again, he was irrelevant in the conference championship game.

But hey, don't listen to me. Give him 20-30 carries a game. Fine by me.  ;) 

Didn’t have to run much, Parnell motley was too busy getting abused by whoever he was covering

• Stinks 1