Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

But they did get beat down the field.  Shipley beat them twice.  

I guess texas couldnt have made halftime changes defensively either.  It was just Bama.

shipley’s first TD of the second half was against man coverage.  His second was against man under coverage.

gilbert’s fumble was caused by the left DE unblocked on a 4 man rush.  There was no blitz or pressure

So Bama truly didn’t make an adjustment, Texas just gave it away. Gotcha. 

Also, maybe I need to be more clear when I talk to you. I did not mean to imply that Bama only did certain things. Like only ran cover 3 every play or only ran running plays designed to milk clock or things like that. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is I take for granted that people like you might have the football intelligence to understand when a team is coasting and when a team is fighting for a win. It was clear Bama laid down for a second, then turned it back up or (Texas gave it to them like you suggest) . Either way, Bama won the game. We can argue about this until Texas next title game and never agree. So this will be my last post on the matter.

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

No, you said Bama dropped more into zone, they didn’t.  You were wrong.    Both second half TDs were against man coverage.  You said saban dialed up the pressure to cause the turnovers late, it sure didn’t look no different it was a 4 man rush.  Once again, wrong.  

You will never give Texas credit for anything.  They lost anyway.  I wish they won.  But it’s evident that you can’t truly see anything pertaining to Texas straight.  Your hatred skews it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Stinks 1

34 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yeah well, let me tell y'all something y'all didn't already know.

Colt stays in, Texas wins.

McElroy wouldn't make a pimple on McCoy's hiney in college.

It's a shame he didn't get to prove it. 

Most here know it.  One or two would argue with you over that.

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

38 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Yeah well, let me tell y'all something y'all didn't already know.

Colt stays in, Texas wins.

McElroy wouldn't make a pimple on McCoy's hiney in college.

It's a shame he didn't get to prove it. 

Believe it or not, some argued on this site that Colt's dad forced him to fake the injury as something much worse than it actually was to protect his NFL career. I don't want to get back into all of that, but the bottom line is some people are just going to be haters regardless. There's no sense in arguing or debating with them, and you know when you've got the upper hand because they will then start to spout insults. 

Can we get back to 2019?

• Thanks 1

Lmao can you imagine spending your Friday nights arguing on this website about hypotheticals of a game that happened almost 10 years ago?!

WETSU, it hadn't even been a week since you swore you were done with him and you got baited into another pointless argument smh. There are other Longhorn fans here who are good peeps. Don't **** up their thread with the back and forth. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Baited?  Lol.  He’s the one that made the stupid comment to start with and got called out for it.  Then he was proven to be wrong he goes into insult mode like you always do.  I actually thought it was funny he really believed what he was typing.  Almost as funny as you always coming to defend his honor with more insults.  That’s so Big Brother of you.   

• Stinks 1

Get to the stadium really early. There is Bevo Blvd where there are games to play, food to eat from food trucks, live bands playing and he can line up to watch the players get off of the bus and go into the stadium. All of this is right at the stadium and is on the west side as well as the north and east side. Tons to do plus walk the campus.

Fantastic atmosphere!

Enjoy and Hook’em Horns!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

Also, maybe I need to be more clear when I talk to you. I did not mean to imply that Bama only did certain things. Like only ran cover 3 every play or only ran running plays designed to milk clock or things like that. 

I guess what I’m trying to say is I take for granted that people like you might have the football intelligence to understand when a team is coasting and when a team is fighting for a win. It was clear Bama laid down for a second, then turned it back up or (Texas gave it to them like you suggest) . Either way, Bama won the game. We can argue about this until Texas next title game and never agree. So this will be my last post on the matter.

Wet, I’ll respectfully disagree with you in the overall notion that Texas was never a threat to win the 2009 national championship game against Alabama.

I believe UT had the ball late in the 4th quarter down by only three with a chance to drive the field for the win. Then, inside its own 20 Texas was beaten on a great blitz by the Tide causing a fumble. Two plays later Alabama scored the game clinching touchdown.

Texas, behind Shipley, Gilbert and a never quit defense made a valiant effort at a comeback that fell just short.

That game started out decent, got really depressing through half time and then a lot of fun to watch a depleted (Colt out) team do as best it could to win the game with an inexperienced QB, but a veteran receiver almost willing them to victory.

A&M fans are proud of their two point loss at home to Clemson and rightfully so.

I think the 2009 title game loss is the loss I am most proud of for Texas. They never gave up even against a great Alabama team and Texas was doing it without their star quarterback. 

🤘🏻

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Get to the stadium really early. There is Bevo Blvd where there are games to play, food to eat from food trucks, live bands playing and he can line up to watch the players get off of the bus and go into the stadium. All of this is right at the stadium and is on the west side as well as the north and east side. Tons to do plus walk the campus.

Fantastic atmosphere!

Enjoy and Hook’em Horns!

Thanks Leaving Palestine now.

35 minutes ago, 514 said:

Thanks Leaving Palestine now.

Be safe and give us a report!! My kids started going to UT games around the age of 3. Been going to them regularly now and they are 27 and 24. My daughter just took my granddaughter to her first UT game a couple of weeks ago to the UT/WVU game at the age of 3 months. We had a great time and she was fantastic about it too!!!

I’m not watching.  If herman is playing a bunch of freshman he is arrogant and deserves to lose.  If he doesn’t step in and demand a 4 man front on defense he’s an idiot.  His stubbornness and arrogance will cost him a job that should be easier than he’s making it.  

• Stinks 1