Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

Texas is not as good as we thought. Plain and simple. There’s isn’t much of a difference from last year. This is a team very well capable of going 8-4, 7-5. I know the injuries are killers, but the defensive scheme is bad, the offensive play calling is just as bad. Special teams is average. That’s the reality. 

And there’s things this team does well. But right now, there’s way more bad than good. 

3 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Texas is not as good as we thought. Plain and simple. There’s isn’t much of a difference from last year. This is a team very well capable of going 8-4, 7-5. I know the injuries are killers, but the defensive scheme is bad, the offensive play calling is just as bad. Special teams is average. That’s the reality. 

And there’s things this team does well. But right now, there’s way more bad than good. 

All sad truths.

9 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Buchele (sp) is a much better true QB than Ehlinger. And that's a fact.

Buchele is great in the system he is asked to run. Buchele looked terrible at times last year and Sams freshman year, that’s why he lost his starting job to Sam. 

This 2 recent posts in this thread are just absolutely ridiculous and it’s clear you don’t know football. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Buchele is great in the system he is asked to run. Buchele looked terrible at times last year and Sams freshman year, that’s why he lost his starting job to Sam. 

This 2 recent posts in this thread are just absolutely ridiculous and it’s clear you don’t know football. 

I know Texas is a dumpster fire. And if Ehlinger is trash and Herman is trash. But, those Texas fans have too much pride to admit lol. Wouldn't surprise me if they took an L next with. Oh and that three down lineman is absolutely garbage. Lol, but I dont know football...haha

4 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

1. Buchele has a higher football IQ. He knows how to read a defense better. 

2. He is a much better and more accurate passer than Sam is. 

3. He makes better decisions with the football. 

All Sam has on him is size and his ability to run. 

Oh, I almost failed to mention. Buchele has led his team to an 8-0 start this season. Go ahead and make the comment that they haven’t played anyone. I think they have played teams that compare to TCU’s and Kansas level of talent. 

Pssst...

(SMU did beat TCU)

12 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

He lost his job because he couldn’t scramble.  Not because freshman Sam was better than he was.  The OL was a disaster and Sam could run.  After Sam got a year under his belt he didn’t let it go.  Now, Sam is a good qb, mildly inaccurate at times.  He made several throws today that could’ve been TD had he not threw to the wrong shoulder or led the guy OB.  He made some bone headed throws too.  Buechele is actually in a system he fits now and is looking like what Texas fans hoped he’d have looked for us.  Both are good QBs but Shane made a wise decision to leave.  

5 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

1. Buchele has a higher football IQ. He knows how to read a defense better. 

2. He is a much better and more accurate passer than Sam is. 

3. He makes better decisions with the football. 

All Sam has on him is size and his ability to run. 

Oh, I almost failed to mention. Buchele has led his team to an 8-0 start this season. Go ahead and make the comment that they haven’t played anyone. I think they have played teams that compare to TCU’s and Kansas level of talent. Oh wait, his team BEAT TCU this year 😂😂

Your opinion is not a fact. 😂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I will say that buchele looks stronger and more confident at his new home.  He put on some good weight it seems and his arm strength is better.  I’d say right now if both entered the draft after this year, neither would get drafted.  I feel Shane would get picked up before Sam though.