Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

Just now, regaleagle said:

If Texas loses today.......it's gonna get mighty cold in Austin for Hermann......just sayin'.Β Β 

That's okay, he'll have a nice hot seat to keep him warm.Β  Β :DΒ 

1 minute ago, bigdawg16 said:

It should be even if they win

Β 

You got that right!Β  My brother and I have been talking about Todd Dodge returning to Austin for years as a possible "right pick" as a true Orangeblood that can recruit the best in Texas and open up this offense.......WITH A QB and OFFENSE TO COMPETE AGAINST TODAY'S DEFENSES!!!Β  I have no negatives against Ehlinger, but he's really an anomaly in today's game......kind of like a Tim Tebow.

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

If Texas loses today.......it's gonna get mighty cold in Austin for Hermann......just sayin'.Β Β 

I hope Kansas State beats them by 40. Β Your head coach should know enough to step in and tell his coordinators that the scheme they’re employing isn’t working and what we need to do. Β If Herman can’t/won’t he needs to go too

• Stinks 2

Hermann is a Calif. product......maybe a USC or UCLA will come calling and take him off our hands to make things easier for the Texas Brass.Β  USC and UCLA are down and hurting for years too.......mainly USC.Β  I would bet Hermann would take an offer like that if it was made.......esp. with the heat in the kitchen he's feeling in Austin.Β  That's probably his "dream job" anyway.Β Β 

Just take a look at what Burrow is doing for LSU this season.Β  And all the quality QB's in the State of Texas over these years......none to UT.Β  The last good one was Colt McCoy.Β  The entire recruiting landscape and type of team for Texas needs to be changed to reflect today's current trends in the game.Β  Buechele didn't fit into this offense, but he's done well at SMU in their offensive scheme.

9 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

It’s the 2nd quarter y’all... geez

I'm not even concerned about THIS game.......I'm talking about change and landscape in the program. Obviously the recruiting by Hermann is not what it was orginally thought to be........they are losing 5-star and 4-star recruits left and right now.Β  It's proven in my mind you need a highly connected Texas guy back at Texas to get the recruits back......not an out of stater with a questionable resume only at Houston.Β  My vote is to take a chance with Todd Dodge......can't be any worse than now and most probably much better.Β  He's an Orangeblood former QB and has an offensive mind for the game.

• Stinks 1

26 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Just take a look at what Burrow is doing for LSU this season.Β  And all the quality QB's in the State of Texas over these years......none to UT.Β  The last good one was Colt McCoy.Β  The entire recruiting landscape and type of team for Texas needs to be changed to reflect today's current trends in the game.Β  Buechele didn't fit into this offense, but he's done well at SMU in their offensive scheme.

There has been very few times that Texas has not signed the top QB in the state since Colt McCoy was QB. A few that come to mind is Kyler Murray (ATM legacy) and Jarrett Stidham (Stephenville product that was going wherever Briles was). Even the year we got Buechele, he was ranked higher than Jalen Hurts. The Aggies have the top ranked QB currently committed with Haynes King out of Longview, but he is just one spot above Hudson Card from Lake Travis, a UT commit.Β 

18 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

There has been very few times that Texas has not signed the top QB in the state since Colt McCoy was QB. A few that come to mind is Kyler Murray (ATM legacy) and Jarrett Stidham (Stephenville product that was going wherever Briles was). Even the year we got Buechele, he was ranked higher than Jalen Hurts. The Aggies have the top ranked QB currently committed with Haynes King out of Longview, but he is just one spot above Hudson Card from Lake Travis, a UT commit.Β 

Well then something else is wrong......or they don't recruit enough top-tier QB's to get the right one.Β  You cannot tell me that the QB spot has been good at Texas all these years.....it hasn't.Β  They've let too many good ones slip thru their fingers for being TEXAS~~~.

3 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Well then something else is wrong......or they don't recruit enough top-tier QB's to get the right one.Β  You cannot tell me that the QB spot has been good at Texas all these years.....it hasn't.Β  They've let too many good ones slip thru their fingers for being TEXAS~~~.

It’s not about 1 player, it’s about development. Texas’ struggles this decade have been because they have not been able to develop talentΒ 

• Like 1