Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Well then something else is wrong......or they don't recruit enough top-tier QB's to get the right one.  You cannot tell me that the QB spot has been good at Texas all these years.....it hasn't.  They've let too many good ones slip thru their fingers for being TEXAS~~~.

Can you name one that "slipped" through their fingers? I think this is just something people hear because Andrew Luck and RGIII went elsewhere to play. Luck was always going to Standford and RGIII followed Briles from Houston to Baylor. 

How about Patrick Mahomes for starters.  Anybody could see he was a real talent.....regardless of his recruiting number according to the "experts".  Didn't even try for him.  There's been many more thru the years......thru some very dry years at that.  Some right there in Austin's own backyard.

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

How about Patrick Mahomes for starters.  Anybody could see he was a real talent.....regardless of his recruiting number according to the "experts".  Didn't even try for him.  There's been many more thru the years......thru some very dry years at that.  Some right there in Austin's own backyard.

Patrick Mahomes was offered by Tech, Oklahoma St, and Rice. Baker Mayfield is the only one that played close out of Lake Travis High School. He was offered by New Mexico, Florida Atlantic, and Rice. He walked on at Tech and transferred to OU. He was certainly an exception to the norm.

Just finished the game.

Nice win, penalties kept Texas from winning by 2-3 scores. Saw a stat during the game that had Texas ranked 93rd in penalty yards per game for the season. That has to change.

Defense looked lost early on but settled in and gave up only 3 points after the 1st quarter. 

Ingram has a great day, he looked fresh and strong. 

A win you had to have and they got it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, eagle34 said:

I dont think this one will be Close this weekend. Looking for a bounce back and expect Texas to win convincingly. 

After the first quarter the Defense played like I expected with the secondary guys back. Outside of the kickoff return and a couple of missed opportunities the Horns looked good. Good to see the running game dominate. As long as OU beats Baylor, the Horns should be  back in the Championship game!!

16 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

I'm just happy it isn't a night game is Ames, that's when things get weird.

With the way this Texas team has looked they could go 3-0 the rest of the way or 0-3.  

One thing that does seem likely to happen is all 3 games be a 3-10 point victory whoever that be.