Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

I knew before the  snap Ehlinger was gonna keep it on both downs to try to pick up the first down.  NOPE.......didn't happen and Iowa State was expecting it just like I was.   Ehlinger is big and a good RB on that kind of stuff, but you cannot expect him to make those yards every time when you don't use other talent in a more creative offensive philosophy.

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Play calling is pitiful today. Everybody in the world sees it’s a run by Ehlinger and we still do it.

How do these coordinators not understand this yet your average fan can blatantly see what’s coming? 🤦🏼‍♂️

They literally told the defense what was coming and to what player lol

Texas fans shouldn't be looking at the Defense...  its the offense that has been horrible...  It's not even the players that make this look bad.  The play calling is atrocious...  When did coaches stop believing in taking the points when they are available?  Herman goes for it on 4th wayyyy too much for a P5 coach

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Play calling is pitiful today. Everybody in the world sees it’s a run by Ehlinger and we still do it.

How do these coordinators not understand this yet your average fan can blatantly see what’s coming? 🤦🏼‍♂️

Coach O said the same thing in September.  He knew the formation told the qb run.  That was in September.  Still seeing the same ting in November 

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

Texas fans shouldn't be looking at the Defense...  its the offense that has been horrible...  It's not even the players that make this look bad.  The play calling is atrocious...  When did coaches stop believing in taking the points when they are available?  Herman goes for it on 4th wayyyy too much for a P5 coach

I was just about to say the defense is actually keeping UT in the ballgame today.

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

It's almost as if they forgot Ehlinger can throw the ball.  It's been downhill for this team after the LSU game.

I was thinking the same thing, they haven't even tried to get #16 involved lately smh, seems like John Burt has been at Texas 6 yrs and still ain't caught ****

Where's the scoring.......moving the chains.......first downs and a more open offensive style, HUH?  NON-EXISTENT is where.......nowhere to be found on that sideline or upstairs, for sure.  The Longhorns do have plenty of talent......as much if not more than most Big 12 teams.  This staff really has no excuses.

• Like 1