Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

18 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Every drive Texas has attempted to run, has stalled. 

All 3 scoring drives, heavy pass. 

Still want to run more?

26 total rushing attempts all game. 

12 for Ehlinger, 8 for Ingram and 6 for Johnson 

NO, they did not try to run the ball enough to even see if the run game would work.

10 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

That's not coaching there, that's all on the players

Well the guys on Fox disagree with you. You remind your players offsides gets a 1st down. If they make the FG, we've got time to get our kicker a chance. You CAN'T jump offsides. 

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

26 total rushing attempts all game. 

12 for Ehlinger, 8 for Ingram and 6 for Johnson 

NO, they did not try to run the ball enough to even see if the run game would work.

Quit being a homer for Ingram. The running game sucked! Trying to run the ball led basically to punting.

• Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Quit being a homer for Ingram. The running game sucked! Trying to run the ball led basically to punting.

Ingram and Johnson both looked like they had concrete in their shoes every time they ran the ball.  Ehlinger is looking like he has lost some burst too.

I am not a Texas fan, but seeing a team with this much talent fall so hard like they have late this year hurts me.

• Like 1

In a win or stay home situation, you had a 1 point lead and the ball with 4 minutes left. Herman decided to turtle up and he let his team down. 

The defense played good enough to win and at times the young DBs showed signs of growing up. On the FG encroachment I think the tackle and guard moves first. 

Offensively...ugh. Beck or Herman whichever is calling plays need to give it up. The offense is terrible at game planning and play calling is worse. 

Del Conte just signed an extension, He didn’t hire Herman and has only been part of the Herb Hand hiring. I expect Herman will get plenty of encouragement to shake up his staff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thegreatbambino said:

You're not helping... Let me cope.

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Ha! You know that’s not the goal. 

I’m just saying that the team is better than it was 2-3 years ago. 

Texas has won a lot of close games the past two years that has maybe pumped up the expectations too quickly.

• Like 1