Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

23 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Baylor is not a good team; Texas is just worse.

Predictable and poor offensive playcalling for Texas.

Poor OL play.

Horrible tackling.

Untimely penalties.

Receivers cannot get open.

DB’s too far off of the ball.

And in case it wasn’t known, Brewer not offered by Texas.

To be fair, Baylor was the only P5 team to offer him. 

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Athletic Director should give Herman until Feb 1 to hire an offensive line coach.  If not done, fire Herman. 

AD shouldn’t waste another year.  The head coach is the biggest problem.  You’ve got more money than anybody and can hire who you want with very few exceptions.  The next up and comer shouldn’t be Texas’ choice.  Hire a proven guy that surrounds himself with good coaches and not his buddies.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

On a positive note, Overshown is really good. Too bad he is made of glass. Will have a MRI on his ankle.

The whole team is made of glass besides Sam and Duverney, soft football team, soft coaching staff, but overall just plain poor recruiting along with poor coaching. 

3 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

So how many of the sunshine pumpers still don’t think Herman & this staff needs to go?? What else needs to happen? Regardless of what people think of Meyer, the guy wins every where he goes. Maybe Del Conte will make a move before things get even worse.

I don’t think CDC needs to wait til season’s end.  He needs to show he means business to the next guy he hires.  In year three you shouldn’t be worse than year one.  Give Naivar the interim tag.  None of the other guys deserve it.  

11 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I don’t think CDC needs to wait til season’s end.  He needs to show he means business to the next guy he hires.  In year three you shouldn’t be worse than year one.  Give Naivar the interim tag.  None of the other guys deserve it.  

Agree. Sadly though,  I doubt Herman is going anywhere for atleast another year. The only thing that gives me hope that CDC will make a move is that Pee Wee wasn't his hire, so maybe.. just maybe he’s seen enough & is as tired of it as the rest of us.

18 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Agree. Sadly though,  I doubt Herman is going anywhere for atleast another year. The only thing that gives me hope that CDC will make a move is that Pee Wee wasn't his hire, so maybe.. just maybe he’s seen enough & is as tired of it as the rest of us.

Another year could set the program back longer than the 10 year skid it’s been on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Sam Ehlinger had 19 rush attempts. Ingram and Johnson had 11, combined. 

That's a problem. 

That’s a huge problem and when I pointed it out last week I was scolded for being a Keaontay Ingram homer.

Well, I was right and am right that they don’t give Ingram the ball nearly enough on any type of rushing attempt that attacks the defense rather than horizontal runs. When they run the ball with Ingram 15 times or more (especially more) he runs for 100+ yards and multiple touchdowns even with this pitiful OL.

Also, it’s been a problem since last year and continued all season. Ehlinger is not the best running back on the team! Quit running him more than the running backs!!!!!!!!!!