Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

5 hours ago, Rabbs63 said:

With Bijan Robinson’s verbal commitment a healthy Jordan Whittington and Ingram the future looks bright for the Longhorns.  Hopefully Robinson signs on the dotted line and the coaching changes don’t effect his plans.  

I hope Bijan knows how to block lol.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I hope Bijan knows how to block lol.

I know you’re just joking but the oline should be interesting next year. If Cosmi returns, Texas will still have to replace the LG and C. I believe they’ll  move the RT Kerstetter to C which I believe will be an upgrade. They may move RG Anguliar to LG which would leave 2 new starters on the right side. 
Of course if the new OC wants his own OL coach then I guess anything could happen. 

A couple of sites are suspecting he is the hire.  No announcement has been made yet.  He is the likely candidate but it hasn’t been announced yet.  He put a good defense on the field when Ohio State won it all.  He stunk at Rutgers, because, well it’s Rutgers.  They were good for about two years when they weren’t in the big10 and they had a generational type RB.  Judging him strictly as a DC he was good, but Has a small sample size of product to show.  This would be a comfort hire to me.  It seems Herman is dead set on his Ohio State background working at Texas.  If Ash is hired as DC, this lends me to believe the OC hire will be very blah.

23 minutes ago, AKA said:

This is the wrong hire.

Herman will be fired after next season. 

I tend to agree.  People don’t realize how bad the defense was this year.  I admit the Georgia game last year made me kinda forget some of the defensive letdowns from last year.  Defending an offense like Georgia employs is easy when you have athletes.  And Orlando’s scheme was perfect for stopping that type of offense.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

I tend to agree.  People don’t realize how bad the defense was this year.  I admit the Georgia game last year made me kinda forget some of the defensive letdowns from last year.  Defending an offense like Georgia employs is easy when you have athletes.  And Orlando’s scheme was perfect for stopping that type of offense.

The horns lost quite a bit on defense. I didn't think they would have as bad of time on offense. Well minus Sam he was productive.

44 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

The horns lost quite a bit on defense. I didn't think they would have as bad of time on offense. Well minus Sam he was productive.

Yes they lost a good bit from last years defense, but replaced them with better athletes.  That 2018 defense had games where they looked awful too though.  I, like other Horn fans, seemed to forget that.  

as far as the offense.  Blaming everything on the offense isn’t right.  They were top 20ish in total yards, yards per game and points per game.  Inconsistency and boneheaded playcalls at inopportune times was the biggest fault.