Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

4 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I certainly am and love RoJo too! I just hate the way it feels everyone seems to so badly want to ditch Ingram.

I think RJ has just impressed so many people this year that it seams Ingram has taken a back seat. But Ingram has been solid this year as well. Their games compliment each other so well. 

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I certainly am and love RoJo too! I just hate the way it feels everyone seems to so badly want to ditch Ingram.

I don't want to ditch him. I want him to play with a chip on his shoulder and get north and south in a hurry. That's when he's at his best. When he gets too patient behind the line it doesn't usually work out. And that may be what he's being coached to do. Whatever the reason, tonight's performance should be pointed out during film how much better he is NOT being overly patient in the backfield.

21 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dude, you dang well know I was referring to you saying he’s not the best RB on the roster.

I do acknowledge you say he isn’t terrible and do genuinely appreciate that.

To me he’s not the best back on roster. 

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

Ossai with 3 sacks tonight.  He'll be going after the QB full time next year like tonight nstead of dropping into coverage 90% of the time like Orlando had him doing.

5 to 10 lbs of muscle and the effort we saw tonight will make him a beast next year. 

I’m not getting too excited about this win.  To me, Texas was supposed to win this game in that fashion.  Utah was missing 3 starting DBs and Texas athleticism owned their young guys.  The offensive gameplan was a little better than the past 5-6 games, but it seemed like Texas just won many individual battles due to having better athletes. 

Texas will miss Johnson and Duvernay tremendously next year.

IF Texas utilizes more 4 man front next year their defense will be really good.  They played extremely physical on the defensive side of the ball.  They were bringing the wood tonight