Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

27 minutes ago, bigdawg16 said:

Okie State it is for Glass

He wanted to visit Texas this past weekend but Texas didn’t push. Not sure if the staff has another RB in mind or if they’ll just save the ship for 2 next year. 

The depth chart should look very enticing for any 2020 RBs. 

15 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

He wanted to visit Texas this past weekend but Texas didn’t push. Not sure if the staff has another RB in mind or if they’ll just save the ship for 2 next year. 

The depth chart should look very enticing for any 2020 RBs. 

They will take 2 RB's next year plus an APB guy like the Missouri kid.

From looking at a couple of sites it looks like nobody will OV this weekend, but should expect several 2020 and 2021 recruits to visit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

They will take 2 RB's next year plus an APB guy like the Missouri kid.

From looking at a couple of sites it looks like nobody will OV this weekend, but should expect several 2020 and 2021 recruits to visit.

I like getting these 2020 & 2021 guys in early. Herman is learning from last years slow start. 

It's looks like if Texas does add another RB in 2019, it will be a Grad Transfer. I think they would also be fine with Whittington as the other RB in this class, he is enrolling early and could get some reps this spring.

As for 2020, it think Texas gets the Jordan kid from Mesquite, who is like a scat back. The Missouri kid is a faster Whittington, he will play both slot and get carries out of the backfield. After that they will try and land one of the big time backs (Evans, McGowan, McClellan, etc.)

Do you guys think Shepherd sticks?  I'm kinda' at the point I don't care.  These types hardly ever pan out.  He's an all-conference potential talent no doubt, and maybe he changes once he reaches a campus, but this feels like a Jean Delance or Jordan Elliot all over again.  Texas gets the last OV right before signing day, and that may keep him, but I wouldn't bet on him still being around in 2 years if he sticks.  Only problem if he flips is that leaves just 2 ol commits.

Also, it's looking more and more like the only additions the rest of the year may be some grad transfers.

54 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Do you guys think Shepherd sticks?  I'm kinda' at the point I don't care.  These types hardly ever pan out.  He's an all-conference potential talent no doubt, and maybe he changes once he reaches a campus, but this feels like a Jean Delance or Jordan Elliot all over again.  Texas gets the last OV right before signing day, and that may keep him, but I wouldn't bet on him still being around in 2 years if he sticks.  Only problem if he flips is that leaves just 2 ol commits.

Also, it's looking more and more like the only additions the rest of the year may be some grad transfers.

Jordan Elliot all over.  If he flips it won’t bother me that bad.  Texas will have decent Depth next year and is looking at the GT from Virginia and Tennessee.  Next year is a great crop of OL.        

I do think he sticks though.

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Don’t even care at this point. 

I honestly think he would’ve signed on NSD1 if it weren’t for his “trainer”. 

On 1/15/2019 at 7:51 PM, JustAFan11 said:

Don’t even care at this point. 

I honestly think he would’ve signed on NSD1 if it weren’t for his “trainer”. 

That guy is heavily involved in many recruitments on both sides. I don’t necessarily think he is pushing kids one way or the other. Many kids committed to both schools have been under his guidance and have been taken to both campuses by him. 

Just now, WETSU said:

That guy is heavily involved in many recruitments on both sides. I don’t necessarily think he is pushing kids one way or the other. Many kids committed to both schools have been under his guidance and have been taken to both campuses by him. 

I don’t think he pushes them one way or the other but I believe he loves the attention and that why I say I think Shep would’ve already signed had FWK not been involved. 

2 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I don’t think he pushes them one way or the other but I believe he loves the attention and that why I say I think Shep would’ve already signed had FWK not been involved. 

Perhaps, but one could argue it wouldn’t be Texas at all without the guy. He had been to A&M campus several times and was close with green and even publicly stated the two might play together, the ln the FWK got involved and started taking him to visit Austin and the recruitment changed a little bit. I’m not saying he ended up at Texas because of FWK because I think the girlfriend was the biggest factor here, but I think having someone take him to Austin a few times and get him some looks he might not have been able to have had on his own, could have potentially swayed him a little more.

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Perhaps, but one could argue it wouldn’t be Texas at all without the guy. He had been to A&M campus several times and was close with green and even publicly stated the two might play together, the ln the FWK got involved and started taking him to visit Austin and the recruitment changed a little bit. I’m not saying he ended up at Texas because of FWK because I think the girlfriend was the biggest factor here, but I think having someone take him to Austin a few times and get him some looks he might not have been able to have had on his own, could have potentially swayed him a little more.

I don’t care if he’s the reason for Sheppard choosing Texas or not. I think the guy is a slime ball. He’s the reason I don’t care if Texas gets Demas or Sheppard. I’d rather Texas not recruit the kids he trains. Just my personal opinion. 

33 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Looks like Beuchele is about to enter the transfer portal and Rising probably isn't coming back.  Casey Thompson better be ready next year for some reps, odds are he'll play some meaningful minutes next year.

Shane isn’t leaving before the Spring because he’s a May graduate. If I were Herman though I’d have Thompson and Johnson taking the majority of the backup snaps even if Shane is at spring practices. 

Rising is smart to transfer, he’s good enough to be a starter but isn’t beating out Sam and doesn’t fit the offense as well as Roschon. He may never see the field at Texas if he stayed. 

8 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Shane isn’t leaving before the Spring because he’s a May graduate. If I were Herman though I’d have Thompson and Johnson taking the majority of the backup snaps even if Shane is at spring practices. 

Rising is smart to transfer, he’s good enough to be a starter but isn’t beating out Sam and doesn’t fit the offense as well as Roschon. He may never see the field at Texas if he stayed. 

When Rising signed, Ehlinger was coming off a so-so freshman year, so you know Rising came in thinking he could start.  With Ehlinger now locked in for the next 2 years Rising was never going to see the field much so this isn't much of surprise.

But Texas needs to do all it can to keep Thompson, because Ehlinger will more than likely go down at some point.

Herman needs to get a big lead next year in the La Tech and Rice games and let Thompson get some snaps.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I don’t care if he’s the reason for Sheppard choosing Texas or not. I think the guy is a slime ball. He’s the reason I don’t care if Texas gets Demas or Sheppard. I’d rather Texas not recruit the kids he trains. Just my personal opinion. 

His "Texas commit" is no longer pinned on his twitter.  Just forget about him.  It'll be a perception hit, but oh well.  I bet he never makes it to his Texas OV at the end of the month.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

That’s fair. But he is popular with a LOT of the states top prospects for years to come. If you don’t recruit kids he is involved with, you’re signing away a huge portion of the states top kids for no reason other than they have a connection with a slimy guy. It’s kind of like saying you won’t recruit a kid with a shady AAU basketball coach. That’s just part of the process sometimes. 

30 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Rising gone.  Thompson staying.

That’ll do! I’m very excited for the Spring Game now. Now Sam is the mentor and Thompson/Roschon will get plenty of reps in practice. If Texas can take the next step in their progression, they should be able to get Thompson in some games throughout the year.