Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

I find it interesting that they are getting these schedules out soooo far. I really believe soon, by the time the TV & current playoff contract ends (and things expand, and it will expand to at least 8 teams) that there will be an overall NCAA commissioner that will create underlings such as a scheduling underling. They will schedule everyone based upon whatever criteria the NCAA comes to by then...everyone plays 9 games against schools in your "bracket" - Power 5 / Group of 5, etc...the other 3 to 4 will be in the other group or whatever you decide for $$$ / fan / tradition reasons.

Edit: I was actually going to say the schools may get about 1 game they can lobby for as one of those smaller games, $$$ games, etc a year, but the others would be set for them. The other 2 to 3 games would be picked by "the scheduling group" based upon, (1 game) regional game against another conference's team -if possible- where your last year's positioning in conference was about equal, (2 games of) out of your regional footprint game against another conference's team where again your last year's positioning was about equal.

I personally think this would make college football a much more competitive environment...you're either trying or dying (a good philosophy for team to push with).

May cause a bunch of contract changes then. 

18 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Light the tower with a #1!

Texas men’s Tennis wins their first ever national championship over defending champions Wake Forest. 

it was pretty sweet to watch down in Orlando...great comeback after putting themselves in a big hole losing the doubles point. Wake Forest top 2 players were the Individual National Champion and National Runner-up last year and they have been rock solid this year, both doing really well in lower level pro tournaments. 

I don't think it's at all too soon to project Texas in the playoff. Outside of Bama and Clemson, I think they have just as good a chance of making the playoff as any other team you'd place in the other 2 spots. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I don't think it's at all too soon to project Texas in the playoff. Outside of Bama and Clemson, I think they have just as good a chance of making the playoff as any other team you'd place in the other 2 spots. 

LSU won’t be the obstacle, OU is the obstacle.  Outside of 2 teams, we will have a ton of 1-loss teams to argue about for last 2 spots.  Texas has to beat OU again and win the B12.  LSU would be one of those early season losses that is easily forgettable if UT runs wild the rest of the season

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Rumors are that Bru McCoy May transfer back to USC

Anwar Richardson- USC reporter @ChrisNTrevino is reporting Texas freshman receiver Bru McCoy intends to transfer back to USC. McCoy enrolled in USC in January & transferred to Texas a few weeks later. Potentially going back to USC. Haven't confirmed it, but what an odd story if it happens.