Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

6 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Despite leaving the Longhorns off his final Top 5, Zach Evans is unofficially visiting Texas today. 

Everyone needs to take this with a grain of salt. Something is off with this one.

• Thanks 1

Seen a tweet from Shepherd's trainer that he arrived at 311 lbs. and is now at 294 lbs.  That's a far cry from the 350 or so he was at back in the fall/spring so looks like he's been putting in the work since he signed.  Kid can be a stud if he keeps his mind right.  Still needs a RS year and probably another after that before seeing the field.

Texas is set to host several key targets this weekend:

2020:

Bijan Robinson - RB, Arizona

Kelee Ringo - CB, Arizona 

Johnny Wilson - WR, CA

Kitan Crawford - ATH, John Tyler

Bryson Washington - S, Houston King

Jahari Rogers - CB, Arlington

Joshua Eaton - CB, Houston Aldine MacArthur

Xavion Alford - S, Pearland Shadow Creek

Courtland Ford - OT, Cedar Hill

Alfred Collins - DE, Bastrop Cedar Creek

2021:

Jalen Milroe - QB, Katy Tompkins

Clayton Smith - OLB, Texarkana Texas High

Tunmise Adeleye - DE, Katy Tompkins

Reid Carrico - ILB,  OH

Lake McRee - TE, Austin Lake Travis

2022:

Landon Hullaby - S, Dallas Bishop Dunne

Jordan Crook - ILB, Dallas Bishop Dunne

22 hours ago, Baron said:

Everyone needs to take this with a grain of salt. Something is off with this one.

10 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

I agree. At this point, I'd rather have Bijan Robinson, for a variety of reasons. 

This kid has been a hard read for everybody. Blew off A&M a couple times. Brother had a couple online fights with Aggie fans that would make the SDC HS Forum look like amateurs. It doesn’t seem interested in UT or A&M. I’ve seen reports where he’s supposed to be at A&M this weekend, that he’s not gonna be there. I’m in the same boat as you Lobo. I’d rather take the RB Ngata over him. Just bad vibes from the Evans kid all the way around. Baron, got it right. Something is off with his recruiting.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Kitan Crawford, 4* CB out of John Tyler, commits to Texas. 

This is a big get. A bit under rated when it comes to offers. His highlights are good. Track speed and flips his hips quickly and effortlessly.

Hopefully this gets the ball rolling this weekend.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Baron said:

This is a big get. A bit under rated when it comes to offers. His highlights are good. Track speed and flips his hips quickly and effortlessly.

Hopefully this gets the ball rolling this weekend.

Great early eval by the staff.  He blew up in the spring and some other big schools tried to get in on him.

12 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Crawford is a great get and he’ll get another ratings boost which will bring out the conspiracy theorist but it’s deserving. 

Jahari Rogers will be the other CB take.  2 guys with great speed that Herman talked about wanting to get.  They'll continue to go all in on Ringo until the end.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2019 at 9:37 AM, eagle34 said:

They have a long way to go....

I believe that he is going to build SFA the same way he built TAMU-C...  JUCO and FBS transfers... he can turn a program around quick with that... but you guys have seen Last Chance U... that model works, but its huge turnaround every year and teams may not gel quick enough every season.

42 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I believe that he is going to build SFA the same way he built TAMU-C...  JUCO and FBS transfers... he can turn a program around quick with that... but you guys have seen Last Chance U... that model works, but its huge turnaround every year and teams may not gel quick enough every season.

The roster is already vastly improved. A lot of competition and the level of intensity has risen drastically. We will turn heads. Carthel is the real deal. 

Very much a Last Chance U vibe with some of the guys coming in. Just snagged Da'Leon Ward from Texas Tech, and in the spirit of East Mississippi CC SFA picked up one of their OL.

10 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I believe that he is going to build SFA the same way he built TAMU-C...  JUCO and FBS transfers... he can turn a program around quick with that... but you guys have seen Last Chance U... that model works, but its huge turnaround every year and teams may not gel quick enough 

I was going to mention this as well, but didn't want to come across as negative. You are correct, he seemingly will take any former FBS player looking to transfer regardless of problems or character. Not sure that's what I would want at my Program,  but he will probably win some games. 

14 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

May not be popular right now but I think Texas gets Broughtons commitment. 

I think once once he and his family sit down and discuss all the schools in consideration, Texas will win out. 

Agreed. 

May want to be careful using words that indicate certainty though; such as think. Haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

May not be popular right now but I think Texas gets Broughtons commitment. 

I think once once he and his family sit down and discuss all the schools in consideration, Texas will win out. 

Didn't his mom recently post a tweet with him in Longhorn gear? He and Collins would take Texas a long to a good defensive class. Collins is a must get simply because UT doesn't need anyone poaching a recruit from what is essentially a suburb of Austin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Agreed. 

May want to be careful using words that indicate certainty though; such as think. Haha

Man you took my comment way overboard because it wasn’t even geared towards you... I wasn’t referring to your comment at all.