Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

On 6/28/2019 at 10:12 AM, TDJ89 said:

But to take a shot at Sam out of nowhere like that doesn't make sense, maybe Bradshaw just doesn't like Texas 

I hope this motivates Sam even more. It has to sting, at least a little bit, when a hall of fame QB disses you. And shame on Terry Bradshaw for saying what he did. 

• Like 1

5* Florida WR Agiye Hall released his top 12:

Arizona State

LSU

Oregon

Texas A&M

Clemson

Ohio State

Georgia

Ole Miss

OU

USC

Tennessee

and Texas.

Normally I wouldn't make much of a player releasing a Top 12. What's interesting about this one, however, is 1 of his Top 12 hasn't even extended an offer.....Texas. Something I expect to change in the near future.

"“I like their offense, I like the program,” Hall expressed to BON about why Texas made the cut. “They’re very successful with wideouts.”

My thought is people are making too much about what Bradshaw said. He was at a LaTech function saying what he thinks people need to hear. That's what he does as a guest speaker and alum of the program. I'm sure behind closed doors he's singing a different tune.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

My thought is people are making too much about what Bradshaw said. He was at a LaTech function saying what he thinks people need to hear. That's what he does as a guest speaker and alum of the program. I'm sure behind closed doors he's singing a different tune.

I agree

2 hours ago, Lhornfan said:

Why would la tech fans need to hear how the Texas QB isn’t that good... if he was at LSU saying this I kind of get since they play this year, but that statement doesn’t mean much to Tech fans. Texas isn’t a recruiting rival or on the schedule or in the same state... 

Not saying he’s right for what he said, but I don’t believe he said it simply to pander to his audience as your comment implies. 

43 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Why would la tech fans need to hear how the Texas QB isn’t that good... if he was at LSU saying this I kind of get since they play this year, but that statement doesn’t mean much to Tech fans. Texas isn’t a recruiting rival or on the schedule or in the same state... 

Not saying he’s right for what he said, but I don’t believe he said it simply to pander to his audience as your comment implies. 

Actually Texas opens with La Tech this year. 

Bradshaw getting both sides fired up for the game. I like that he said it, because it brings some extra attention and an added element to the game.

Ehlinger may decide to torch the Bulldogs for as many yards through the air and on the ground as possible. 

UT can’t sleep on LaTech, they’re a quality team - for real.

4 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Bradshaw getting both sides fired up for the game. I like that he said it, because it brings some extra attention and an added element to the game.

Ehlinger may decide to torch the Bulldogs for as many yards through the air and on the ground as possible. 

UT can’t sleep on LaTech, they’re a quality team - for real.

Ehlinger shouldn’t have to run the ball against LA Tech.

4 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

While most of the talk of the Elite 11 was of Haynes King (understandable, he's the local kid), Texas commit Hudson Card also shined...

Screenshot_20190707-153138_Samsung Internet.jpg

Card had a great week. He probably wins if they let him start the championship game but the rotation worked against him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Card had a great week. He probably wins if they let him start the championship game but the rotation worked against him. 

It's crazy to think that he's only played QB for 1 year. He'll only continue to get better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Card has a better arm, King is a better Qb/athlete. Both are going to be good players. 

8 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

4* OLB Prince Dorbah will make his commitment announcement tomorrow at 12. 

Recruiting seems to have hit a wall.  Dorbah and Chris Thompson seem like the only ones to pencil in at the moment.  Could end up being a smallish class ( 16/17 - 20 range ).

I've said before this staff still has some dead weight on it despite back-to-back top 3 classes.

29 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Recruiting seems to have hit a wall.  Dorbah and Chris Thompson seem like the only ones to pencil in at the moment.  Could end up being a smallish class ( 16/17 - 20 range ).

I've said before this staff still has some dead weight on it despite back-to-back top 3 classes.

I think it ends up being around 18-20 as well. As long as it's a quality class, then I don't see an issue with that. That said, Texas currently has an avg rating of 93.39, 2nd only to Clemson. And there are still several highly rated players that Texas has a great chance of landing. 

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

I think the number is around 20-22.  Texas is still  in on a lot of big time guys.  I think some are in wait and see mode on Texas.  If Texas follows up last year with another pretty decent season they’ll have a good class.  IF they win the conference it’ll be a great class