Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

With LJH declaring for the draft, Texas has a wide open depth chart for slot WR. 

Josh Moore will be coming off injury.

Whittington will get an early jump on the other freshman WRs.

Maybe they move Duverney inside with Burt stepping in where Duve was. 

LJH was Sams chain mover and whoever replaces him needs to be able to take a hit from an LB and catch everything. Finding his replacement just became high priority for the spring. 

11 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

With LJH declaring for the draft, Texas has a wide open depth chart for slot WR. 

LJH was Sams chain mover and whoever replaces him needs to be able to take a hit from an LB and catch everything. Finding his replacement just became high priority for the spring. 

If Burt improves his hands he can be a deadly vertical runner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas will have a lot of talent at the position. 

Personally, I think Burt continues to play backup. 

I think Duvernay has his biggest season as a Longhorn. 

If they want another big receiver at slot, Brennan Eagles or incoming freshman Marcus Washington could be a good fit. I also think Joshua Moore is capable. Jake Smith and Jordan Whittington are also options, although I expect both of them to be more contributors as freshman than leaders. 

The good news is, they have 8 months to figure it out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Texas will have a lot of talent at the position. 

Personally, I think Burt continues to play backup. 

I think Duvernay has his biggest season as a Longhorn. 

If they want another big receiver at slot, Brennan Eagles or incoming freshman Marcus Washington could be a good fit. I also think Joshua Moore is capable. Jake Smith and Jordan Whittington are also options, although I expect both of them to be more contributors as freshman than leaders. 

The good news is, they have 8 months to figure it out. 

I think Malcolm Epps would be more likely in Lil' Jordan's spot than Eagles.  I think Eagles is strictly an outside guy.  

I think Marcus Washington is way underrated.  He was a top 50 national recruit and then ran a slow 40 at a camp with an injured hamstring and they dropped his rating a lot.

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

I think Malcolm Epps would be more likely in Lil' Jordan's spot than Eagles.  I think Eagles is strictly an outside guy.  

I think Marcus Washington is way underrated.  He was a top 50 national recruit and then ran a slow 40 at a camp with an injured hamstring and they dropped his rating a lot.

I think Epps is an interesting one. He certainly has the build to fill in for Humphrey, but if you want to talk about a slow 40 time, it would be Epps. Marcus Washington just won MVP of the UA game. I wouldn't classify him as underrated. 

1 minute ago, cotton84 said:

Big Texas fan here........that being said, Georgia had some key players out against Texas. 

No, LSU had key players out....9 from one side of the ball to be exact. Georgia had 1 player skip the bowl, and one injured. That's no different than your regular football game. Case and point, Texas also had a key player out with injury. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

No, LSU had key players out....9 from one side of the ball to be exact. Georgia had 1 player skip the bowl, and one injured. That's no different than your regular football game. Case and point, Texas also had a key player out with injury. 

1 + 1 is 2.  Players means 2 or more. My statement is correct. 

On 1/7/2019 at 1:06 PM, Lobo97 said:

Of the teams with most interest on Texas' schedule next season, here are the key losses we know for sure...

LSU:

CB - Greedy Williams

DT - Ed Alexander 

RB - Nick Brossette (Sr)

There are a few others who could still declare early as well, with the most likely being star LB Devin White (projected Top 15 pick)

Oklahoma State:

Replacing Offensive Coordinator (Yurcich just joined Ohio State's staff)

QB - Taylor Cornelius (Sr)

RB - Justice Hill

LB - Justin Phillips (Sr)

DE - Jordan Brailford

DE - Jarrell Owens (Sr) ...(Brailford (9) and Owens (6) led the team in sacks)

West Virginia

Head Coach

QB - Will Grier (Sr)

WR - David Sills (Sr)

WR - Gary Jennings (Sr)....(Sills and Jennings led team in catches, yards, and TD's)

TE - Trevin Wesco (Sr) ...(4th in receptions, yards, and TD's)

Oklahoma:

Defensive Coordinator 

QB - Kyler Murray

RB - Rodney Anderson 

WR - Marquise Brown 

LB - Curtis Bolton

TCU:

QB - Shawn Robinson (transfer)

WR - KaVonte Turpin (Sr)

7 Defensive starters - most of which are DL and LB

Kansas State:

Head Coach

QB - Alex Delton (transfer)

RB - Alex Barnes

2nd and 3rd RB's

Iowa State:

RB - David Montgomery

LB - Willie Harvey (Sr)

WR - Hakeem Butler

Texas Tech:

Head Coach

WR - Antoine Wesley

WR - JaDeion High

Updated with Iowa State's receiver included. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas had the toughest schedule of all the top 25 teams. 

25D6C654-91F5-4211-8A35-7265320445BA.jpeg

That’s after bowl games and with an extra game in the conference title. A&M finished the regular season number 1 in sos. 

Edit: That’s also fake news. https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

i haven’t seen any other form of SOS anywhere that has Texas top 5. 

• LOL! 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

How Much Is Your College Football Team Worth? (Wall Street Journal)

1. Texas ($1.1 billion) 
2. Ohio State ($1.05 billion) 
3. Alabama ($1.01 billion) 
4. Michigan ($925 million) 
5. Notre Dame ($913 million) 
6. Georgia ($891 million) 
7. Oklahoma ($886 million) 
8. Auburn ($872 million) 
9. LSU ($852 million) 
10. Tennessee ($728 million) 
11. Florida ($635 million) 
12. Texas A&M ($541 million)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Where do the numbers come from on this? Seems a little inaccurate. Are they using T-shirt sales or something? https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1LS04K

Yeah, it's just the Wall Street Journal, I'm sure they copy-pasted something they saw on some blog.  :D 

according to an annual study conducted by Ryan Brewer, an associate professor of finance at Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus. The Longhorns are worth $1.1 billion, according to Brewer’s analysis, which moved them into the top slot after Ohio State had held that role for the prior three years.

Brewer’s study calculates what a college team would be worth on the open market if it could be bought and sold like a professional sports franchise. Brewer analyzes each program’s revenues and expenses along with cash-flow adjustments, risk assessments and growth projections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

That’s after bowl games and with an extra game in the conference title. A&M finished the regular season number 1 in sos. 

Edit: That’s also fake news. https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

i haven’t seen any other form of SOS anywhere that has Texas top 5. 

You are correct the picture I posted from ESPN was after all the games had been played. That’s a good way to determine who playED the toughest schedule. 

I’ll take the world wide leader in sports over teamrankings.com. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1