Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

You are correct the picture I posted from ESPN was after all the games had been played. That’s a good way to determine who playED the toughest schedule. 

I’ll take the world wide leader in sports over teamrankings.com. 

And just because someone disagrees with it doesn't mean it's 'fake news' either, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

That’s after bowl games and with an extra game in the conference title. A&M finished the regular season number 1 in sos. 

Edit: That’s also fake news. https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

i haven’t seen any other form of SOS anywhere that has Texas top 5. 

What’s wrong with the final SOS rankings being done after the season is completed? It’s the best way to know who actually played the most difficult schedule. Why you question this?

And of course UT is #1 in valuation, why question that?  We understand you loath UT and don’t want them to outrank your Aggies in anything, but you really do get too bent out of shape if there’s any kind of positive press for Texas. 

🤑

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

You can't stand for Texas to be ranked ahead of A&M in anything can you. 

First off this isn’t a ranking, it’s one mans projection of sale value. Second, I just asked where the numbers came from. Seems like the dude said he used revenue and profit margins, but that doesn’t appear to be entirely the case if the leading revenue team in the country is 12th on the list... Just saying. 

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

What’s wrong with the final SOS rankings being done after the season is completed? It’s the best way to know who actually played the most difficult schedule. Why you question this?

And of course UT is #1 in valuation, why question that?  We understand you loath UT and don’t want them to outrank your Aggies in anything, but you really do get too bent out of shape if there’s any kind of positive press for Texas. 

🤑

Why not use regular season. Texas got two extra games against top 5 opponents that others teams didn’t get. It’s more accurate to judge every teams 12 game regular season schedule rather than after bowl matchups where teams were slotted to play in various games just for revenue purposes. 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Why not use regular season. Texas got two extra games against top 5 opponents that others teams didn’t get. It’s more accurate to judge every teams 12 game regular season schedule rather than after bowl matchups where teams were slotted to play in various games just for revenue purposes. 

Well, simply the postseason games were still played. I understand you don’t want Texas to get credit for playing Georgia in the Sugar Bowl by it calculating into their SOS, but they did play them.

Now, I do understand your argument the regular season SOS is important and I agree it is. I feel at the end of the season calculating all of the games played into a team’s SOS is the right way to go.

33 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Warehime and Mehringer bring nothing.  Herman needs to find them a nice landing spot at Sam Houston, UH, somewhere.

Don’t wish that on SHSU.  They have fans that get mad over FIFY posts.  Not telling what they’d do if Herman sent those two there

• Stinks 1

5 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Interesting...

I've seen a couple teams mentioned with interest in Shane Buechele. I haven't heard anything about him transferring?

He’s got 2 years to play 2 but there hasn’t been any talk from Texas about him transferring. 

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

He’s got 2 years to play 2 but there hasn’t been any talk from Texas about him transferring. 

I would personally be okay if he did. At this juncture, I'd rather hold on to Thompson and Rising, and move forward with them as the backups. 

18 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I would personally be okay if he did. At this juncture, I'd rather hold on to Thompson and Rising, and move forward with them as the backups. 

I don’t mind him staying because I think Sam plays his last 2 years and then hands the keys to Roschon. 

I don’t think any of the QBs leave before spring ball. 

4 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I don’t mind him staying because I think Sam plays his last 2 years and then hands the keys to Roschon. 

I don’t think any of the QBs leave before spring ball. 

Yes.......And Shane seems to be a great guy and great teammate.......And I think Shane at times is the best voice for Sam to hear 

• Like 1

I'm not doubting Shane's knowledge. He may be a great coach one day. But if Sam were to go down with injury, I can't say that I trust Shane's playing ability enough to win games. He hasn't seemed to get any better since his freshman year. If he stays as the backup, then I hope I'm wrong. 

52 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I do continue to hear more teams being listed as favorites for Buechele to transfer to. However, I still haven't heard any official word that he's entered in name in the transfer portal. Am I missing something? 

Shane is a May graduate, so I’m sure we’ll hear of teams interest for a while. Chip has said he expects Shane to transfer but he’s the only one I’ve heard say that.