Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

38 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

This season isn’t completely lost either.  Sure it’s been extremely frustrating, but the staff still can make adjustments and quit making stupid decisions.  It has yet to be seen.  I’d like to hope that Herman can realize that everything he’s done at other places isn’t necessarily going to produce the same results at Texas.  Coaches have to adapt, that’s what makes good coaches great.  He needs to hold his coordinators accountable for bad game plans (Herman is heavily involved in the offense) and bad in game decisions.  

Texas has the potential to win out and beat Oklahoma for the Big 12 Championship. Lot to be played for. I believe at worst a Sugar Bowl bid against Florida depending on how seriously folks are taking Baylor/Tcu.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

This season isn’t completely lost either.  Sure it’s been extremely frustrating, but the staff still can make adjustments and quit making stupid decisions.  It has yet to be seen.  I’d like to hope that Herman can realize that everything he’s done at other places isn’t necessarily going to produce the same results at Texas.  Coaches have to adapt, that’s what makes good coaches great.  He needs to hold his coordinators accountable for bad game plans (Herman is heavily involved in the offense) and bad in game decisions.  

The players also have to figure it out. Coaches can teach, but they aren't the ones out there playing. At some point the players need to step up and make plays. They've been playing this game since they were kids. There is no excuse for some of these mistakes we keep seeing.

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Neither of those two are surprising. It was funny to win their commitment over ATM but they were easily the flakiest of the commits. 
They're both good players but they don’t sound the alarm. 

I think Princely knows Collins will end up at Texas.  Not a surprise as some have speculated it would possibly happen.  

28 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

A guy I know is a paying member at TFB.  He says he hasn’t seen that info there

I've heard of a guy who has a dog that he got from someone who's friends with a guy that works for TFB. He hasn't heard that either. 

• LOL! 4

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

I heard from a guy that the dog entered the portal

We'll trade y'all for him...  we've got two gently-used wagon ponies. Give us the dog and a mascot to be named later. 

• LOL! 2

18 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ve read that Chris Ash is being looked at to being promoted from defensive analyst to staff. I think they demote Warehime now to analyst position.  

Warehime does not surprise me in the least. Special teams have been TERRIBLE.