Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I’m just saying that the team is better than it was 2-3 years ago. 

Texas has won a lot of close games the past two years that has maybe pumped up the expectations too quickly.

I will not accept your true logic at this time. It will be reviewed after I dwell on today's performance.

• Like 1

Something I hear all the time from football analyst (I'll paraphrase) - We watched a few practices and lots of film, and let me tell you guys, this is a well coached team. I've never heard that statement toward our current staff or even the Strong days.

1 minute ago, bigdawg16 said:

Oh I agree about Meyer as far as coaching but I just cant stand him 

Said the same thing about Deion Sanders when he joined the Cowboys. But winning cured my dis-likeness for him. I'd take Meyer in a New York second.

PS - not time to get rid of Herman. I'm just saying I'd take Meyer.

The only reasons for the Texas wins are the talent level of some of their players.......NOT the coaching staff.  Personally, I don't think Herman has done anything to prove his worth in Austin at THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS yet.  I'd just as soon have Todd Dodge in charge as Herman......I truly believe he'd be a better coach and better fit for the whole situation from recruiting to gameplanning to opening up the offense......which would greatly enhance the defensive side also.  

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

Texas has $$$$$$$.  Needs to spend as much as needed to get the best offensive line “run blocking” coach as there is out there.   
Pass blocking is okay, in general. 
If the offensive line coaching stays the same, then Sam E needs to lose 15 lbs next summer - with the blocking “as is” a more mobile Sam would be better than a bull Sam.  

Super frustrating the defense played a good game and the offense went back to the Strong/Swoopes years.

Iowa State is a quality team, but that is a team UT should defeat by 17 points or more. The TCU loss was pitiful too. Defense was way banged up against TCU, but Sam had 4 interceptions, can’t happen. 

Losing to LSU and OU this year in pretty good games, I can understand that, but these other two losses should not have happened this year. 

UT has regressed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Super frustrating the defense played a good game and the offense went back to the Strong/Swoopes years.

Iowa State is a quality team, but that is a team UT should defeat by 17 points or more. The TCU loss was pitiful too. Defense was way banged up against TCU, but Sam had 4 interceptions, can’t happen. 

Losing to LSU and OU this year in pretty good games, I can understand that, but these other two losses should not have happened this year. 

UT has regressed. 

Regressed? Didn’t they lose 4 games last year as well? And they won a few games close as well. I wouldn’t say they have regressed much. I just think the Georgia win had everyone having unrealistic expectations about what this team is. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

21 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Regressed? Didn’t they lose 4 games last year as well? And they won a few games close as well. I wouldn’t say they have regressed much. I just think the Georgia win had everyone having unrealistic expectations about what this team is. 

The team overall seems to have less fire and desire this year. 
If Texas has to play the BU team that played the first half of last night’s game against OU it’ll quickly be 5 losses. 
Then you have Tech and a bowl game.

THIS TEAM CAN VERY QUICKLY LOOK TO HAVE REGRESSED IN THE W/L COLUMN TOO, Wetsu.

• Like 1

Herman needs to be let go, it will be the same thing year after year. I would definitely be after Urban if I'm Texas. But I don't think they (texas) wins another game this season. Baylor will beat then handily,  and the Chris Brown/Crabtree curse will play a hand against Tech.

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

This team has regressed offensively and on special teams, two areas where Herman is supposedly heavily involved. The defense definitely struggled throughout the season and cost Texas vs LSU and OU. The losses to TCU and ISU, as well as close win vs KST are on the offense. 
The biggest reason I came into this season with high expectations was because the offense should’ve become more explosive, as they returned everyone except LJH, and the Big 12 doesn’t have a truly elite team this year. I knew the defense would struggle replacing 8 starters but as we saw last week/yesterday, once they got their starters back they have improved.        Herman completely wasted his year 3 and now he’s going to be forced to go into year 4 with some first year staff members. 
I think Herman can be a good CEO type head coach but will he be willing to let an outsider run his offense? Herman will leave year 3 with the same questions that Ed O did last year, can Herman find his Joe Brady at OC? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, one major problem last night is the play calling on 3rd and/or 4th and short. We run QB power every time and refuse to actually run the running backs. I mean, good God, everyone in college football and watching college football knows on short yardage downs UT is going use the RB as an extra blocker for Sam to run it. 
It does not work anymore, quit doing it!

If you just have to run Sam at least fake a handoff to a running back and bootleg Ehlinger out with the ball and have a short route for a TE and a deeper pass option for Duv also giving Sam the option to run it IN SPACE!

Good grief, it’s not that hard!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

Dont forget they beat OU last year as well. OU made the playoff and Georgia made the SEC championship game. Texas has no wins even remotely close to that this year. You think they will beat Baylor? I dont. They have definitely regressed. Its beginning to look like Herman isn't the right guy to lead the program. Bring back Mack!! Just kidding..

56 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Dont forget they beat OU last year as well. OU made the playoff and Georgia made the SEC championship game. Texas has no wins even remotely close to that this year. You think they will beat Baylor? I dont. They have definitely regressed. Its beginning to look like Herman isn't the right guy to lead the program. Bring back Mack!! Just kidding..

Exactly, how can Wetsu not say they have regressed?