The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JustAFan11

Longhorns 2019 Thread

The NCAA just made it legal to buy players with “likeness” contracts.  Get Urban Meyer and tell him to recruit.  Then tell him to win

Well that went south on offense very quickly. The defense didn’t have a good day either but the offense has gotten worse every game since Kansas. 

So how many of the sunshine pumpers still don’t think Herman & this staff needs to go?? What else needs to happen? Regardless of what people think of Meyer, the guy wins every where he goes. Maybe Del Conte will make a move before things get even worse.

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

To be fair, Baylor was the only P5 team to offer him. 

I know. Please check your sarcasm meter!!!!!

Sam looks like Nathan Peterman out there. Texas is not back this year sadly 

On a positive note, Overshown is really good. Too bad he is made of glass. Will have a MRI on his ankle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

I know. Please check your sarcasm meter!!!!!

Everything else you said was correct, and I've heard other people make that same comment about Brewer before. So yes, my 'sarcasm meter' missed that one.  Lol

40 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

On a positive note, Overshown is really good. Too bad he is made of glass. Will have a MRI on his ankle.

The whole team is made of glass besides Sam and Duverney, soft football team, soft coaching staff, but overall just plain poor recruiting along with poor coaching. 

Sam Ehlinger had 19 rush attempts. Ingram and Johnson had 11, combined. 

That's a problem. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Well that went south on offense very quickly. The defense didn’t have a good day either but the offense has gotten worse every game since Kansas. 

Offense has gotten worse every week since LSU 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bulldognation1 said:

So how many of the sunshine pumpers still don’t think Herman & this staff needs to go?? What else needs to happen? Regardless of what people think of Meyer, the guy wins every where he goes. Maybe Del Conte will make a move before things get even worse.

I don’t think CDC needs to wait til season’s end.  He needs to show he means business to the next guy he hires.  In year three you shouldn’t be worse than year one.  Give Naivar the interim tag.  None of the other guys deserve it.  

11 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I don’t think CDC needs to wait til season’s end.  He needs to show he means business to the next guy he hires.  In year three you shouldn’t be worse than year one.  Give Naivar the interim tag.  None of the other guys deserve it.  

Agree. Sadly though,  I doubt Herman is going anywhere for atleast another year. The only thing that gives me hope that CDC will make a move is that Pee Wee wasn't his hire, so maybe.. just maybe he’s seen enough & is as tired of it as the rest of us.

18 minutes ago, Bulldognation1 said:

Agree. Sadly though,  I doubt Herman is going anywhere for atleast another year. The only thing that gives me hope that CDC will make a move is that Pee Wee wasn't his hire, so maybe.. just maybe he’s seen enough & is as tired of it as the rest of us.

Another year could set the program back longer than the 10 year skid it’s been on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Did Robinson flip to Ohio State tonight?

He probably should if he wants a decent college career

Texas needs to build on this. 

Beat Tech go 7-5. This was no one expectation. Coordinator change is probably imminent. Herman has got another year left. 

• Stinks 2

8 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Sam Ehlinger had 19 rush attempts. Ingram and Johnson had 11, combined. 

That's a problem. 

That’s a huge problem and when I pointed it out last week I was scolded for being a Keaontay Ingram homer.

Well, I was right and am right that they don’t give Ingram the ball nearly enough on any type of rushing attempt that attacks the defense rather than horizontal runs. When they run the ball with Ingram 15 times or more (especially more) he runs for 100+ yards and multiple touchdowns even with this pitiful OL.

Also, it’s been a problem since last year and continued all season. Ehlinger is not the best running back on the team! Quit running him more than the running backs!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Did Robinson flip to Ohio State tonight?

I have not seen him tweet that he flipped. 

4 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

Texas needs to build on this. 

Beat Tech go 7-5. This was no one expectation. Coordinator change is probably imminent. Herman has got another year left. 

Kinda like they built off of that 10-4 season from last year?? The guy needs to go bro..

Ehlinger isn't good, offense is trash and Herms needs to be fired. How does Baylor come back from all the stuff they went through, to being a better program than Texas? UT is a joke when it comes to Football. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

Herman needs to go to Carthage and learn how to develop an offensive game plan and how to coach and call plays in-game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

Really, you see this offense and think UT coaches couldn’t learn a TON about how to play offense?